What you did today

Gorth

i finally got to go camping this weekend. yeah, i know it's not "today," but since i was out of town in the middle of colorado, i couldn't post that i was "camping today" on saturday. :) it was nice, btw. blue mountain campground just outside of 11-mile canyon. between the weather and various activities related to school, this was the first opportunity we really had this year to pitch a tent... it felt good.

today i went to the doctor. just a follow-up.

taks

yeah if this is your first time pitching a tent in the year you definitely need to see a doctor. :ermm:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

today i got offered a spot in an A Perfect Circle cover band as the singer :ermm:
:) you get to the level of Keenan?

Today I learnt a lot of background stuff on databases, and in a learning pause I optimized my system for the summer (and the electricity bill...) by undervolting CPU and Ram, and by installing an old, active NB-cooler to the bridge-chip of my graphics card. Little hotspot, that one... The card is severly underclocked now in 2D-mode, but unfortunately I can't adjust the voltages. I wish I had a current analyzer to see how much this procedure helped.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Today is my movie/tv day....again. On the list is The Andromeda Strain, then some documentaries including Elegant Universe, American drug war, and if I can find it bigger, stronger, faster. Should be a packed day fail.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

today i got offered a spot in an A Perfect Circle cover band as the singer :ermm:
:) you get to the level of Keenan?

well the guitarist used to be in another band i used to sing for and we'd done some Tool covers, so i suppose he thinks i do a good enough job of Keenan's vocals

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

yeah if this is your first time pitching a tent in the year you definitely need to see a doctor. :shifty:

it's been rough... rain, snow or just plain cold crappy weather nearly every weekend this spring. memorial was the first weekend we could actually have gone, which coincided with my graduation stuff so we didn't. not that i like going out with all the amateurs anyway... holiday weekends are generally a bite since there's so many people out.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Went out and mowed the lawn for the first time in about 2, probably 3 weeks now. Lawn was getting really long. A combination of things had conspired to keep us from going out and getting it done. It's rained about 75% of the time since I was last out and for some reason our cordless electric lawn mower doesn't want to hold a charge. It's not even storing enough juice to power up for more than 5 seconds and even then the blade isn't spinning fast enough to blow all the grass out from underneath itself. The stupid thing is only a year old! It shouldn't die already!

Ended up grabbing the old gas and filling her up with what was left in the gas can for the snowblower (which also died this year, but it was over 10 years old) and mowing our back lawn. I still need to get out and do the front lawn later today, but for now I think I'll be taking a short break. It's about 30 degrees out there and with the humidex it feels like 40. At least the thunderstorm missed us. The first wave passed about 5km north of the city and the next one looks like it's going to do the same according to the weather radar.

I haven't been camping in a long time. Me and my dad used to go to this place that had a small reservoir that stocked fish every so often and a camp ground kind of place about a quarter mile away. Each little place had a fire pit and a hand pump for water. Can't exactly say camping is my cup of tea but the hiking was pretty cool and the fresh caught fish after lugging like 500 pounds of fire wood up a gravel road probably tasted like the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. I was a kid at the time so I was stupid and could only appreciate it so much but I kept the fact that I would rather be at home watching Saturday morning cartoons to myself so that I wouldn't be a disappointment.

All I know is the mornings there were brutally cold and there wasn't a snow flake around. I mean it was colder than places I went skiing that were higher altitude and had tons of snow. It's something that has confuzzled me to this day.

even in the dead of summer it drops below 50 overnight in colorado, often below 40 in the mountains where we ultimately camp. we were only at 8200' this weekend. when we go up north to sylvan lake, however, we're probably over 9000'. of course, they don't have a "last frost" of the year up there, either. in fact, it can snow year-round. we got a bunch of snow in the mountains all over just last week (pike's peak got covered again). nothing better than waking up to 30 degree weather in the morning, snuggled into your sleeping bag. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

It was 47 degrees celsius outside today, and humid too. It was like walking through an oven, or possible a steam cooker?

OK, I can't top that. At the heat of the day, it was around 100F/38C with high relative humidity.

Today is my movie/tv day....again. On the list is The Andromeda Strain...

Awesome movie. I really should check out amazon and see if they have it :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's 6 o clock and it's 97 degrees out. A few nights ago it was like 9 o clock and it was like 90 out. I hate the desert. ):<

Edit: Somehow it's gone up 2 degrees in the last half an hour.

Edited by theslug

It's perhaps 11 Celsius here, rain, fog, constant wind, etc

And I'm outside working!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

How come you're posting then? :)

Me, I just woke up :p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

He must have a laptop with WiFi. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I had a lunch break.

God, if I could afford a laptop I would not have to do this crappy job.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I found several bags of forgotten, spoiled sea-food in the back of my fridge - oh joy, the "beautiful" smell of past-prime shrimp and squid! :biggrin:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

so what kind of models are you going to build? i always preferred wwII-era planes. ;)

taks

she wants to take pretty pictures of me :sorcerer:

i've seen some of her other photography, and it's predominantly black metal photos and firebreathing and stuff

firebreathing i can do and have done before, but i'm not sure about the black metal gear. i don't own any spikes or corpse paint or anything :ermm:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

found a Used Ps3 at work... Bought it.

40 gig

that and Uncharted, and a duel shock controller for about 412. MGS4 tomarrow night.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Guest The Architect
she wants to take pretty pictures of me :wub:

i've seen some of her other photography, and it's predominantly black metal photos and firebreathing and stuff

firebreathing i can do and have done before, but i'm not sure about the black metal gear. i don't own any spikes or corpse paint or anything :*

She probably wants you to do that kind of stuff because you do have that metal-head look about you, with the long hair, beard, old man's face and everything. :*