Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

1. I think they will avoid using the Joker. Might be a reference, but there's no way they put another actor in.

2. I'm pretty sure Lucius will stay, the computer fried itself.

3. I don't know, I like the fact she's dead. Will Two-Face return? He looked pretty dead.

So who is the next villian?

^who cares? It's going to be a few years before we see another sequel.

Focus on Watchmen now, kids. If you haven't read the graphic novel yet, get on that ****, pronto.

And I watched My Dog Skip last night. I cried at the end just a little. :bat:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Bale arrested and released; denies assault

Jul 22, 2:16 PM (ET)

By RAPHAEL G. SATTER

LONDON (AP) - Christian Bale has denied allegations of assault made by his mother and sister, hours after he was arrested, questioned by London police and released.

The 34-year-old star of "The Dark Knight" spent four hours at a police station, but was not charged. British media had reported that Bale's mother and sister complained he had assaulted them at the Dorchester Hotel in London on Sunday night.

Representatives for Bale released a statement today denying that an assault took place.

A woman thought to be Bale's sister Sharon told reporters "it's a family matter" from her home in Corfe Mullen, 110 miles southwest of London. A man who answered the door at the home of his mother Jenny Bale in nearby Bournemouth said she did not want to comment.

Tsk, tsk. Giving mom five across the eyes is never classy.

Well, from what I've been reading on the internetz this morning, Bale is estranged from his mom and sister, both of whom are drug addicts/alcoholics. I think this is them doing a grab for cash, more than anything.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

So who is the next villian?

I say Riddler. The only Batman villains that I think would fit Nolan's realistic take are Riddler, Hugo Strange, and Black Mask. Black Mask is too new to use and Hugo Strange I don't think could carry a film. Use riddler, make him a polic cryptoanalyst on the Batman case

who was close to one of the dirty cops killed by Two-Face and blamed on batman.

Who decides the best way to lure Batman out for revenge is to become a criminal himself.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Danny Devito.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm hoping the next villain is a bit more monstrous. I'd love to see Clayface, but he does seem much too fantastic for Nolan's take. I do really hope it's not riddler. I don't see what he could really bring to the films.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

But who could possibly outdo Jim Carrey as the Riddler?

What about the Penguin?

Just about anyone could outdo Jim Carrey as the Riddler.

I think a deformed guy who commits bird themed crimes, carries around high tech umbrellas, and fancies himself an aristocrat and isn't crazy is a bit much for Nolan's world. But if Nolan can pull it off he can pull it off.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Catwoman. :ermm:

But she's not really a villian. She's like Batman.

I'm annoyed what they did with Two-Face he should have made it into the next film. If someone can out do Devito as the Penguin that would be good.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Catwoman. :ermm:

But she's not really a villian. She's like Batman.

I'm annoyed what they did with Two-Face he should have made it into the next film. If someone can out do Devito as the Penguin that would be good.

Dick Cheney?

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Catwoman is more of a mercenary, not like Batman. Batman does things for the greater good. Catwoman does things for the greater profit. Not an outright criminal, but she does have a more pragmatic view and tend to be a bit more self-interested than the typical hero. As for the Riddler, I think Robin Williams could do a much better Riddler than Jim Carey, however he is getting on in the years.

Penguin is a joke. That is all he is. I hope they ignore the Penguin.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My guess is that the next one would have been more centered on the Joker. With Ledger's amazing role and subsequent death, I doubt this will be the case.

My concern is that after Joker, Two-face and Scarecrow, a lot of batman's enemies get a bit goofy for Nolan's films. Bane might be possible, and Gotham Knight had Dead Shot I think it was, but I don't think we'll ever see Killer Croc or Penguin. They just get a bit too sci fi (and silly).

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Well I am no expert but over nearly 70 years of comics I am sure we can dig up some villain that will fit the current incarnation of the Dark Knight. Since the last 2 movies showcased 2 villains; Scarecrow and Ras Al-ghul in Batman Begins, Joker and Two-face in the Dark Knight. I think we can expect 2 more for the next one, there is quite a huge list to pick from. Personally I would like to see a catwoman, mainly to redeem the character from the farce that was the last movie, and then perhaps Bane or riddler. Riddler I think could easily be made to fit into Nolan's vision of Batman. Something of a genius who is arrogant enough to announce his next crime in riddle form or something.

I did hear that Nolan only reluctantly came back to direct for the Dark Knight, I hope he returns for the next one.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Guest The Architect

Are you guys sure there's even going to be a Batman 3? They really shouldn't do another one if Nolan doesn't return.

Doesn't Batman have some sort of antihero other than the Joker? As in, a nega-batman?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Are you guys sure there's even going to be a Batman 3? They really shouldn't do another one if Nolan doesn't return.

The movie had the highest opening weekend gross ever. For better or worse, they will definitely do a third.

Gotta agree with Hurly on that one. If Nolan doesn't want to do it, they can always find someone else to carry on in a similar fashion.

Batman should fight ninja robot pirates in the next film. Whatever villan they come up will pale in comparison to the two in this film. Black Mask isn't as well known to the casual Batman fan, Deadshot/Killer Croc were dealt with in Gotham Knights (somewhat?) easily, so there's little chance of those two making an appearance. Nolan has tried to make this semi-realistic, so don't expect Mr.Freeze-somesuperpowered dude. Bane even seems to be somewhat of a stretch.

The Riddler seems like the obvious choice.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

After watching the Dark Knight, I thought for sure it would be in a trilogy format.

Batman Begins establishes the Batman character.

The Dark Knight, Batman realizes the extent of the responsibility/consequences he has taken on, personal sacrifices, lines that he can't cross and what he represents to Gotham City. It ends on a

down note as he is hunted as a fugitive.

Next film, the Gotham populace accepts and welcomes Batman as Gotham's protector when he saves the city from some criminal menace.

I don't think Dent is out of the picture yet. Yes, I think Rachel is definitely dead. I really hope they find someone who is at least on par with Ledger as the Joker.

I don't read comic books, so my knowledge of Batman villians is limited to previous movies and TV shows, but I think Riddler would be the only choice that really fits. Riddler could have some funny interactions with the Joker.

If they do the two villain style as they did in the first two movies I say Catwoman and Riddler.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"