Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

Wanted

I liked it, it deserves the R rating it got certainly, and some things are a little crazy (a guy shooting the wings off of flies without any weapons training?) but it's a good popcorn flick.

Side note: it's based off a comic series VERY VERY tenuously. they steal a few lines and some very basic plot elements and character names but otherwise it's COMPLETELY different from Mark Millar's origional.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Saw Hellboy 2. Better than the first one, and I quite liked the first one.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So today I realised Severus Snape Alan Rickman played in Die Hard. Weeeeeird.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So today I realised Severus Snape Alan Rickman played in Die Hard. Weeeeeird.

His face will always be Hans Gruber to me. Even in Robin Hood I felt as if Kevin Costner was fighting a German terrorist.

"Now I have a wench. ....Ho. Ho. Ho."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Airplane: The Don't Call Me Shirley eidition

the director commentary is great... :humdrum story about harvard: :boobies flash: "What were we talking about again!?"

I spent a night watching Kieślowski's decalogue. I now feel like a different person or something to that effect.

Edited by Istima Loke

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

Just got done watching Han**** and Incredible Hulk. Not bad superhero films. Not as good as Iron Man or Batman Begins, but on the higher teirs than most.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Wooo Dark knight this weekend... CRAP I"M IN DISNYLAND THIS WEEKEND AND I GO TO BOOT ON NEXT THURS! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Romper Stomper. One of Russell Crowe's early films in which he plays a neo-nazi skinhead gangleader in Melbourne. Not exactly the kind of movie that one would rave about loving but it is certainly compelling and uncomfortable and disturbing.

A worthwhile movie to watch if you don't mind disturbing and morally ambiguous films.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Romper Stomper. One of Russell Crowe's early films in which he plays a neo-nazi skinhead gangleader in Melbourne. Not exactly the kind of movie that one would rave about loving but it is certainly compelling and uncomfortable and disturbing.

A worthwhile movie to watch if you don't mind disturbing and morally ambiguous films.

Is it kind of like American History X? Which was a pretty good movie imo. I always found it amusing that when he went on his "racist" rants that I pretty much agreed 100% even though it was intended to cause the opposite effect.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Is it kind of like American History X? Which was a pretty good movie imo. I always found it amusing that when he went on his "racist" rants that I pretty much agreed 100% even though it was intended to cause the opposite effect.

No, they are pretty different, besides the obvious similiarities of skinheads and naziism. Romper Stomper is more about what happens to the gang that Crowe leads. And they are all just kids, really, you know, even Crowe. There's a certain innocence to all of them despite what they do and who they are. It reminds me more of Trainspotting, although much different in tone. Romper Stomper is a pretty bleak movie.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Wall-E.

My favorite movie of the year. :biggrin:

Going to see the Dark Knight when it comes out, of course, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I just got in from watching Wall - E. It was good, although for the first half an hour or so I thought to myself 'this is a bit too dark for a kids movie'.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Watched all of Rescue Dawn (finally) 2 days ago. I had started it about 3 months ago and never finished the last 25 minutes. I really liked it from start to finish and the prison camp scenes were done excellently. Due in no small part to great performances by Bale, Jeremy Davies, and, most surprisingly, Steve Zahn. I have to say though, the actual escape was shorter than I expected and although the movie was long, I think more of the escape scenes and maybe less of the prison sequences would have made it better. Still, a very good flick. 3.5/5

Stardust. I missed the first half an hour of this, but was pretty entertained with the rest. A decent fantasy tale, and finally Robert DeNiro delivers a performance I liked for the first time in a while.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Dark Knight was sold out, checking it out tomorrow at 4. In the meantime, Watchmen trailer hit the web:

http://www.empireonline.com/video/watchmen/

and it looks fantastic.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The 300 director? Oh bugger.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The 300 director? Oh bugger.

But keep in mind he's also the guy behind Sin City, which was a damn impressive movie.

Fraid not, friend. Robert Rodriguez co-directed Sin City with Frank Miller. Zack Snyder, of homoerotic 300 fame, is the creative mind behind the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake. :x

That said, the trailer looks promising.

Edited by Tel Aviv