Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

Forget what i said, just focus on this adorable cat.

:cat:

Aw... de little puddy cat.... :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Amazon just delivered Southland Tales. It has The Rock, and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Amazon should have a breathalyser on it.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I saw Southland Tales earlier this year and was actually quite impressed, it's really wierd and I completly understand why most people hate it. I think you need to have an affinity (beyond healthy) for the absurd.

Fortune favors the bald.

Disturbia. A pretty intense thriller with some scary parts.

while i don't share the same adoration for shia lebouf (what the heck kind of name is that???) i did rather enjoy disturbia. some silliness, IMO, but overall it was a good suspense flick. mind, i do like shia, he's just not one of my favs.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Det Sjunde inseglet (1957) - Follows the adventures of a knight during the Black Plague. But it is much deeper than that. Highly recommended. Some will not like it.

You've got me interested. Do you think it has an English language release?

-Elwood Blues

It's one of Bergman's most acclaimed works, so yes, with subtitles of course. It's probably part of the Criterion Collection.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hellboy 2.

Its not bad.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Det Sjunde inseglet (1957) - Follows the adventures of a knight during the Black Plague. But it is much deeper than that. Highly recommended. Some will not like it.

You've got me interested. Do you think it has an English language release?

Yes, however it was highly recommended to me to view it with subtitles, since the voice dubbing does not do the work justice.

Hellboy 2.

Its not bad.

More details.

yah, more details

not bad - it was terrible?

not bad - it was mediocre?

not bad - actually kinda good?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Into the Wild.

Into the Wild is about a young man who after graduating from college embarks upon a journey around the U.S with no money and few possessions while abandoning his family and the life he once lived. It is based on a true story. The movie chronicles his physical and emotional journey and his many relationships throughout. His ultimate goal being to reach the Alaska Wilderness. I had heard good things about the movie and it's got a moderately high rating on Rotten Tomatoes but I would say this movie made me feel content at best. It wasn't a bad movie by any stretch but I wasn't all that inspired either. I'd say the major qualms I had with the movie was that his motivations where ridiculously exaggerated and a lot of the dialog/narrating was way too pretentious/arsty/stupid writer poem crap. I enjoyed most of the camera word and as a whole the story was quite nice but again his motivations, his parents used to fight frequently and he wasn't a big fan of society, where quite puzzling. He did kill a moose which was pretty cool I suppose and I will admit some of the narration/writing was nice but not exactly memorable.

I'm going to give this movie 8.78 mildly apathetic insane river side Norwegian campers who provide hot dogs to criminal kayakers on the run from the law out of 10.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Hellboy 2. Loved it. Liz was a bit of a spaz this time around, but they explain that pretty early in the movie. Decent action, beautifully done backgrounds and some great one liners too.

Color me entertained.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Hellboy 2.

Its not bad.

More details.

yah, more details

I think if you enjoyed the first movie, you gonna like this one as well. If you are terrified of ugly trolls who feed on cute kittens though, definitely avoid this one. That scene where the troll is about to take a bite out of that cute kitten scared me way more than the marching army droids in the end...

Hellboy 2. Loved it. Liz was a bit of a spaz this time around, but they explain that pretty early in the movie. Decent action, beautifully done backgrounds and some great one liners too.

Color me entertained.

I am so going to this movie as soon as it arrives in the UK.

-Elwood Blues

Inherit the Wind (1960) - Expertly written, the cast is fantastic particularly Spenser Tracey and Fredric March. It is based a real-life case for and against a science teacher accused of teaching evolution, which is against the town law.

9/10

The ending to that is great. Spencer Tracy was just awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I saw The Scorpion King for the first time last night, and it's the greatest movie ever! There was this scantily clad little sorceress lady and whew, she was just awesome.

Oh, and there was some stuff about some big dude raising an army of scorpion lackeys or whatever, didn't really pay attention to the rest.

But WHEW that sorceress lady!

Hellboy 2.

Its not bad.

More details.

yah, more details

I think if you enjoyed the first movie, you gonna like this one as well. If you are terrified of ugly trolls who feed on cute kittens though, definitely avoid this one. That scene where the troll is about to take a bite out of that cute kitten scared me way more than the marching army droids in the end...

i have to see this now :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!