Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

10,000BC

This movie was great... 10,000 years ago, or rather 12,000.

I wasn't entertained a bit. I do not recommend this movie. It vaguely reminded me of Apocalypto. Although Apocalypto was excellent. 10,000BC jsut annoyed me the whole way through. The crazy fortune teller, the flouride white treatment of the main characters teeth, The sabertooth tiger encounter and then the response with the tribe that followed. I would have been pissed to pay $17 bucks at the theater to see that with a lady friend.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

There is a scene early on where the Jumper is watching a bunch of people on TV that are getting washed away in a flood. He pays little attention to it, but the fact they showed it would seem to implicate plot relevance. I was expecting that maybe the character would grow somehow and start using his immense powers for good, or at least not entirely selfish reasons. That never happened, and it left me feeling fairly apathetic towards the ending.

That bit leaped out at me too. I kept thinking he'd "jump" over there and we'd see scenes of him saving people from drowning where he could, or something. Later, I felt that they'd put it in there largely as a display of how completely narcissistic and oblivious the character was. I'm guessing if there was a sequel we'd start seeing him be a little more heroic, but I'd also guess a sequel is pretty unlikely. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

10,000BC

This movie was great... 10,000 years ago, or rather 12,000.

I wasn't entertained a bit. I do not recommend this movie. It vaguely reminded me of Apocalypto. Although Apocalypto was excellent. 10,000BC jsut annoyed me the whole way through. The crazy fortune teller, the flouride white treatment of the main characters teeth, The sabertooth tiger encounter and then the response with the tribe that followed. I would have been pissed to pay $17 bucks at the theater to see that with a lady friend.

The movie just feels too... Hollywood I guess. Like a Saturday Morning Cartoon version of Apocalypto as you mentioned. I also liked how they walked 15 feet to reach a jungle from their icy mountains, then walked another 15 feet through the jungle to reach the desert. :shifty:

The only way I can imagine someone really enjoying the movie is if they were going in with the mindset of watching a Mummy adventure movie that was trying too hard to take itself seriously.

I thought the giant bird attack was cool though, and the idea that mammoths were used to build the pyramids.

The scence with the killing of the God seemed like a direct parallel with the 300 Spartans, too similar for me. The antagonists voice also sounded just like Xerxes from 300 also. the tiger reminded me of jungle book since that whole plot appeared to just be thrown in there and not followed through very well.

Maybe im being too critical but their just wasn't anything cool about the film that seemed original.

Myspace Website!

My rig

Went to see Hancock today. The whole superhero as a homeless drunk was new and somewhat interesting, though that was about the only thing it had going for it. After he cleans up the movie takes a turn for the really weird, not bad because nobody sees it coming.

3/5

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

My friend and I watched the Phantom Of The Opera tonight. The lead chick was hawt, but manoman do I really struggle with the musicals sometimes. I can't rate this movie, since we ended up making out halfway through. Was that Gerard Butler from 300 as the Phantom?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Went to see Hancock today. The whole superhero as a homeless drunk was new and somewhat interesting, though that was about the only thing it had going for it. After he cleans up the movie takes a turn for the really weird, not bad because nobody sees it coming.

3/5

For me, as I like Will Smith, it was something like 3.5/5. I liked how he dealt with the bad guys and the beginning was really funny.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The scence with the killing of the God seemed like a direct parallel with the 300 Spartans, too similar for me. The antagonists voice also sounded just like Xerxes from 300 also. the tiger reminded me of jungle book since that whole plot appeared to just be thrown in there and not followed through very well.

Maybe im being too critical but their just wasn't anything cool about the film that seemed original.

"A tiger? In Africa?"

"Shhhhh"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I saw Clerks for the first time today. Yeah, yeah, I know. "How can you call yourself a child of the 90s if you've never seen Clerks?" Well, now I have.

I though the best line was:

Dante: "You hate people!"

Randal: "But I love gatherings."

That describes one of my friends perfectly.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Jersey Girl. I still find this movie to be sweet and funny after repeated viewings.

I was told to avoid it. Can you really recommend it?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, I can. Sure, it's got Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, but it also has George Carlin in it. If the opening scene where the kids talk about their parents doesn't have you laughing you may have a problem.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"A tiger? In Africa?"

"Shhhhh"

:thumbsup:

Myspace Website!

My rig

"A tiger? In Africa?"

"Shhhhh"

Forget what i said, just focus on this adorable cat.

:thumbsup:

Myspace Website!

My rig

Will someone go see Hanc0ck already!

Yeah, that's how I feel about Speed Racer... it seems like I'm the only one who has seen it... :thumbsup:

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

So whats the backstory with Hanc0ck? From the previews he's the "only one of his species" so is it a Superman clone? He seems to have all the trademark Superman powers, flight, super strength, etc...

It would make more sense/be slightly better if it was a superman type thing. For the first half of the movie that's what you are thinking. After the big reveal/plot twist you spend the rest of the movie doing a WTF is THIS crap.

That whole thing made me really regret paying to see it. First half was awesome and funny though.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.