Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

The Incredible Hulk. Ed Norton did a good job as Banner. The rest of the show was allright. Not super spectacular or anything. But the whole Hulk premise is pretty one dimensional anyways.

I saw it today as well (while my wife watched Sex and the City). I was pleasantly surprised, the first one pretty much put me to sleep. Edward Norton definitely made it watchable. I think the most fascinating parts were the ariel shots of Brazil. I think it's the City of God they are showing, and it's insane.

I thought that chase scene was really well done. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I like the look of this Hulk better than the last one. There wasn't really a scene which showed him growing bigger as he became madder, which was one of the few high spots from the last movie. Was a reboot absolutely neccesary? Probably not, but it should make Marvel a mint.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

300 with the MST:3000 commentary. :lol:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The Mist aka What NOT to do in case of Alien Invasion.

Have mixed feelings, as certain parts are REALLY well done, yet others are rather annoying.

Didn't like the standard Stephen King 'crazy person'. Every movie of his seems to involve one or two characters that are so far fetched they really start hurting any symblance of reality. Could have done without the religious mumbo jumbo. The movie was also extremly predictable... I was calling events left and right and then laughing when they happened. I thought the critters were cool though, and I liked a lot of the suspense moments.

Overall, the best Stephen King movie I've seen, though that isn't saying much. :)

Watched Indy 3 last night.

I'm sorry to say that it blows #4 right out of the water, from the very first seconds.

It's more passionate, more intense, more fun to watch than any single minute of #4 and it's also better filmed, better acted, better directed, better written.

#4 is now total crap to me, as Indy films go.

The Mist aka What NOT to do in case of Alien Invasion.

Have mixed feelings, as certain parts are REALLY well done, yet others are rather annoying.

Didn't like the standard Stephen King 'crazy person'. Every movie of his seems to involve one or two characters that are so far fetched they really start hurting any symblance of reality. Could have done without the religious mumbo jumbo. The movie was also extremly predictable... I was calling events left and right and then laughing when they happened. I thought the critters were cool though, and I liked a lot of the suspense moments.

Overall, the best Stephen King movie I've seen, though that isn't saying much. :)

I liked this movie. It was predictable at times, but unpredictable at enough times to keep you unsure of if what you predicted was right.

1408 was better though.

Rambo - I really enjoyed it. Sylvester Stallone has done an amazing job bringing Rocky and Rambo back for a bit of a Renaissance. In fact I'd say this Rambo was better than any of the previous iterations, but I'd have to go back to really make that call.

Rambo - I really enjoyed it. Sylvester Stallone has done an amazing job bringing Rocky and Rambo back for a bit of a Renaissance. In fact I'd say this Rambo was better than any of the previous iterations, but I'd have to go back to really make that call.

First Blood is still MUCH better than Rambo.

Stallone's delivery in the latest flick was much better. We still joke at work with the old 'NOTHING IS OVER!' line from the original. Plus, I always thought the first flick looked like it was shot in Canada, which makes it lose major points.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Stallone's delivery in the latest flick was much better. We still joke at work with the old 'NOTHING IS OVER!' line from the original. Plus, I always thought the first flick looked like it was shot in Canada, which makes it lose major points.

Why?

Many movies are shot all over the world while the setting is in the States or somewhere else.

Producers and directors go for a look, and wherever they find it is where it will be shot.

If the film was set in Canada and you have a particular hatred of that country then I would understand why the movie loses points for you. But it is not so...

?

He Loves Me He Loves Me Not

A love film that works on many levels. Plus, frankly I could watch Audrey Tautou all day.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Indy 4. I was expecting ET to jump out at the end there. At least the fire alarm went off during the film, so everyone in the theatre got a free pass for another movie.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Kung Fu Panda...

A fun little romp. alot of humor and several moments where you say "and this is where X happens" and they take a left turn and don't make that happen.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I just ordered 'Whoops Apocalypse' on DVD. A great little film, and even more politically relevant than when it came out post the Falklands war*

It is a comedy. Some quotes, but not the best ones, because it would spoil it.

"Santa Maya must be liberated by any means necessary. Even diplomacy if it should come to it. "

"You can't show you're resolute without showing you are strong. And you can't show you're strong without blowing people up. "

"Having established the root cause of unemployment, we now need to come up with a job creation program. I have devised an idea that will create millions of new jobs within the first year of operation. Every week, five hundred working people jump off a cliff, thus creating five hundred new jobs. "

*You Yanks may remember it as that time you refused to back up the UK, your oldest ally and closest Cold War ally for the sake of a tinpot military Junta, because the State Department were still upset about Bunker Hill.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Grandma's Boy (2006)

Stupid comedy, that I had no business watching. But there are some of the funniest moments I have ever seen, my stomach hurts after watching this.

You bastard. Now I have to watch the film.

-Elwood Blues

I may be in the minority, but I'd rewatch Grandma's Boy over Harold and Kumar anyday of the week.

I'm going to go see The Love Guru tonight.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

the incredible hulk

pretty meh really, but i suppose i've never really been into the idea of some dude who gets angry and turns green

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I may be in the minority, but I'd rewatch Grandma's Boy over Harold and Kumar anyday of the week.

I'm going to go see The Love Guru tonight.

I thought about it, and it's probably because the movie is loosely based around game development. We spend too much time on a game developers forum, so we are probably in the target audience for the film.

I have resently started to watch Carnivale, because Kor Qel Droma here has spoke so highly of it and I think the more I watch the angrier I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Hey, any views expressed by Kor are subject to extreme prejudice! And will you hate me because it's not your cup of tea or that it will end so abruptly?

I watched the Love Guru tonight. I'd say it was pretty much all I expected it to be. A silly, silly romp with lots of pee and poo jokes. And hockey!

edit: and elephants humping! I can't forget that important tidbit!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif