Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

Dude, where's my car?

Decently funny.

The only other movie I've ever wanted to walk out on. The only movie I've actually walked out on.

Superman The Movie 1978 - Still my favorite super hero movie.

The film is EPIC (which separates it from this years Iron Man, a nice little origin tale) and Christoper Reeves is perfectly cast. Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, Ned Betty and the rest of cast is superb (except for Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, she bugged the **** out of me) also some of the gags are a bit corny and outdated.

The special effects are damn good for when it was made. You really can believe a man can fly. Awesome cinematography, and John Williams score is as usual... brilliant. Not a huge fan of the ending, but I can live with it.

10/10 SHM

8.5/10 RM

Got this as one of my free Blu-Rays. Y

How'd you like it's rehash (returns)?

:)

I was very excited to see it, watched it with my nephews, we all thought it sucked and was boring as hell. Haven't thought about seeing it again.

I hear they are making a sequel????

Superman: Man of Steel (2009)

We all should hope for the success of the new Superman films if we want to eventually see Superman vs. Batman! Though, the future of that film is probably unrelated. I don't think we should take chances.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, it's not a movie... but since there's no, "Musicals you have seen lately" thread, I'll stick it here.

I went to see Spamalot this weekend. It was absolutely fantastic! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and there is something absolutely delightful about a theatre full of people laughing hysterically at the silly antics on stage.

I also saw Speed Racer for the 4th time... it's still just as enthralling... I think I need help!

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Don't Mess with the Zohan - I enjoyed it, but I sat next to 3 women who hated it. It was pretty typical Adam Sandler movie fare. I'd place it around the middle of his Happy Madison empire, with Lil Nicky being at the bottom and Happy Gilmore being at the top. The movie is very focused on **** humor.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) - Where's the magic? Where? Same as it ever was, deja vu......you get the idea

Just like the rest of them (although I enjoyed the first one the most)

7/10

Starship Troopers (1997) - Cheesy sci-fi. The only good bug is a dead bug. Sorry but I love this flick and would never turn it off if it came on.

8/10

The Last King of Scotland (2006) - Caught the first 20 minutes or so, I will finish it up sometime today... Looks good so far.

Kung Fu Panda was good but I found it more of an action movie then the comedy the trailers show.

I also finally got to see No Country for Old Men

the antagonist was played really well and was vary creepy. He always had me on edge while he was on screen.

tomy lee jones played a vary convincing sheriff. The role really exemplifies the title.

I liked the end but some people might make the same compliant about the Sopronos season finally with the end of the movie.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

The Andromeda Strain (2008).

I was pretty interested in this miniseries when I first saw the trailer but sadly it didn't live up to my expectations. I wasn't really digging some of the major casting choices and some of the acting was just down right bad. I'm going to take a guess and say that the main plot lines where similar but they changed dialog and what not and that didn't really pan out for me....A few times it got preachy, melodramatic, and just a little too silly. I mean we got worm holes, space time continuum, political intrigue, apocalyptic scenarios and other impossibly fantastic things. I will say some of the camera work was nice and the core premise was interesting and as a whole kept me interested throughout the show but it was marred mainly by horrible casting and dialog. There were other problems like character development and motivations but I mean this was a miniseries and you can't expect them to make you want to cry when one of them dies when they only have like 3 hours, especially when they have like 8 different people who take the limelight on a regular basis.

I'm going to give this one a hearty 7.8/10.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The Andromeda Strain (2008).

They did a remake? :*

Heresy! :wub:

I really did like the original

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Last King of Scotland (2006) - "Biopic" about Idi Amin's personal physician. Excellent performances all around, Forest Whitaker won an oscar for best actor but James McAvoy as Dr. Nicholas Garrigan was very good as well. There are some brutal scenes which can be expected given what the film is about, not for the squeamish.

9/10

A night at the Roxbury

*begins nodding head to the side repeatedly at the sound of music*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Starship Troopers (1997) - Cheesy sci-fi. The only good bug is a dead bug. Sorry but I love this flick and would never turn it off if it came on.

8/10

I love this movie. It's a hilarious commentary on the glorification of military power. The sequel sucked though. And I won't even touch the apparent third movie with a ten foot pole.

Edited by TrueNeutral

8/10

I love this movie. It's a hilarious commentary on the glorification of military power. The sequel sucked though. And I won't even touch the apparent third movie with a ten foot pole.

I loved it too. There was a part two? Whats the title, Starship Troopers 2? Off to IMDB with me!

EDIT: Found it. I can see from the summary that the suckage level is pegged out. :woot:

Edited by Gfted1

so i saw the new Indy movie today

i must say, for an old old guy he does alright

he comes off remarkably injury free, considering all the things he survives...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

And I won't even touch the apparent third movie with a ten foot pole.

Direct to DVD, always a great sign.

"Now with MORE Johnny Rico! Oh yes, those bug-killing troopers are back for a third time in the direct-to-DVD title Starship Troopers 3: Marauder"

Trailer

But it does have Jolene Blalock in it. That just about makes it worth it right there. Yummy.

Godzilla, on TV tonight. Is it just me, or did the French guys get no bloody credit. Heroes, the lot of them!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went to the midnight showing of Incredible Hulk. Marvel is two for two. Far better than the first one. Hulk's origin is actually pretty easy to tell in a 45 second montage, freeing up the rest of the movie for awesomeness.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Godzilla, on TV tonight. Is it just me, or did the French guys get no bloody credit. Heroes, the lot of them!

Jean Reno is awesome :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And I won't even touch the apparent third movie with a ten foot pole.

Direct to DVD, always a great sign.

"Now with MORE Johnny Rico! Oh yes, those bug-killing troopers are back for a third time in the direct-to-DVD title Starship Troopers 3: Marauder"

Trailer

Watch Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles instead. Much better.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Jumper. Despite mixed reviews, this wasn't a horrible film. Hatden Christensen still can't act, but once you get past that...

I sort of liked it as well. Hayden can't act much, but he is very decent in combat scenes. Though that might have something to do with his constant constipated face...

Anyway, it was worth the sitting. Quirky battles, rather nice new faces for actors and, while the Jumpers vs. Paladins overall plot reeks of camp, it was a decent watch.

I'll give it a March.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Jumper. Despite mixed reviews, this wasn't a horrible film. Hatden Christensen still can't act, but once you get past that...

I sort of liked it as well. Hayden can't act much, but he is very decent in combat scenes. Though that might have something to do with his constant constipated face...

Anyway, it was worth the sitting. Quirky battles, rather nice new faces for actors and, while the Jumpers vs. Paladins overall plot reeks of camp, it was a decent watch.

Agreed, definitely.

I'll give it a March.

A March? A March out of October? That's rather abysmal.

Deathproof :lol:

Not sure why, but I get a craving for Carmageddon again o:)

It started a bit too slow, but eventually got better. Not quite in the same league as Planet Terror, but good fun none the less. Now I have to see what is on disc 2.