Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

Start of previous thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=48835

End of previous thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...5&start=495

Saw Quest for Fire, a slightly "primitive" film :)

I liked it enough to buy the DVD from amazon though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I watched the Indiana Jones trilogy back to back this weekend. For some strange reason I didn't find myself hating the Temple Of Doom as much as I used to, although I still can't stand Kate Capshaw.

Also rented Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox story. Decent parody of Walk the Line and music in general.

you don't want none of this ****, Dewey >_<

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

AVP 2 ... horrible horrible film.. the people behind it should be barred from ever making films again or be forced to work with Uwe Boll - maybe their combined awfullness could make some kind of cult film?

under any circumstance it's a good idea to keep those kind of people close togehter. for when the revolution comes.

Fortune favors the bald.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

AVP 2 ... horrible horrible film.. the people behind it should be barred from ever making films again or be forced to work with Uwe Boll - maybe their combined awfullness could make some kind of cult film?

under any circumstance it's a good idea to keep those kind of people close togehter. for when the revolution comes.

I liked AvP2. It was a good action movie that didn't try to be something else, unlike AvP1.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I liked AvP2. It was a good action movie that didn't try to be something else, unlike AvP1.

- Plot Spoiler ahead - (yeah I know)

It tried to be a serious story about a troubled teenager and his brother facing a troubled past - but rising to the occasion, the mother who felt like she wasn't doing a good job, but would still fight through all of hell to save her child and an idealistic policeofficer who would rather follow the book and an order rather than do the smart thing. It tried to be a story about moral choices, responsibility and doing what's right under the circumstances presented, but ended up being a hollow clich

Fortune favors the bald.

I saw Before The Devil Knows You're Dead. A lame version of 21 Grams.

Team America: World Police.

I found it strangely... hilarious. :(

I saw it and I thought it was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen. Then I watched it 15 more times in 3 months. I know, that's pretty sick.

The entire Cairo scene is gold. Derka derka.

Once Upon in China II

Jet Li does a good job playing Wong Fie Hong. The plot's and aerial acrobatics are a lot better then the first film. The fights are also much more elaborate. Also the charrectors seem more develop than in the first movie.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Freedom Writers. Near comatose on the couch, too lazy/unable to reach the remote to change the channel, this is not the kind of movie I usually sit through. Hillary Swank takes a stab at teaching some inner city gang kids. Standard stuff, yet touching. I won't admit to nearly crying.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Recently I've seen indy and the Forbidden Kindom.

Indy was ok. good fr a summer romp of fun but not a timeless classic. meanwhile Forbidden Kingdom was... interesting to say the least. Jet Li as a comedic character doesn't exactly work for me.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dude, where's my car?

Decently funny.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Indy 4 - I was disappointed. Not by the acting, the lack of Sean Connery, or the slightly goofy 50's red scare setting. Not even by a very old looking Harrison Ford still getting into fist fights. I was disappointed in the radical departure from the previous mythos. The previous Indy's were based around biblical legends, except for the Temple of Doom. Lucas once talked about how Indy is a character who starts off as an athiest, but because of what he experiences, he moves to a more agnostic viewpoint. There was a lot of religion, or spirituality, in the films because Jones is an archealogist, and anyone who studies history understands that that greatest mysteries of humanity are all tied to some form of religion.

The plot in 4 was just silly, and departed entirely from any trace of historical relevance by the end.

Superman The Movie 1978 - Still my favorite super hero movie.

The film is EPIC (which separates it from this years Iron Man, a nice little origin tale) and Christoper Reeves is perfectly cast. Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, Ned Betty and the rest of cast is superb (except for Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, she bugged the **** out of me) also some of the gags are a bit corny and outdated.

The special effects are damn good for when it was made. You really can believe a man can fly. Awesome cinematography, and John Williams score is as usual... brilliant. Not a huge fan of the ending, but I can live with it.

10/10 SHM

8.5/10 RM

I finally saw the new Indiana Jones. It was great fun with some well directed set pieces.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Honestly I liked Indy 4. I didn't really expect anything great or profound from the movie, I just went to the theatre expecting to see a decent adventure flick and that's what it was.

My biggest disappointment was that the villain in the movie did not appear particularly villainous or menacing. But it's hard to top SS torturerers or evil priests who can rip the heart from a man's chest.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I kind of liked Indy 4, though the only dissapointment was the death sceen at the end. In Raiders, we got to see some pretty grusome deaths, the 2nd film was alright I guese, the 3rd film had a nice death to one of the antagonists, but the fourth one I was hoping for a much more...raiders death?

I recently watched Kung fu panda, and it kicked ass IMO. I reccomend it. :)

I kind of liked Indy 4, though the only dissapointment was the death sceen at the end. In Raiders, we got to see some pretty grusome deaths, the 2nd film was alright I guese, the 3rd film had a nice death to one of the antagonists, but the fourth one I was hoping for a much more...raiders death?

I recently watched Kung fu panda, and it kicked ass IMO. I reccomend it. :)

The giant ant deaths weren't enough for you? I thought there was a decent amount of gruesome deaths, actually. In fact I was a bit surprised given the current climate of PG-13 movies being much tamer than they were in the 80's.