Movies will not play at 1600X1200

Hi, I recently got this game (I know it's kinda old now) and I just downloaded and installed the high res movie patches. Sadly all the movies continue to play at 640x480 within the game. The movies do look somewhat better I think, but how do I get them to play at 1600x1200? My monitor does support a res of 1600x1200, infact that's the res I play the game at.

My specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Radeon 9800 Pro

Athon XP 2.2ghz

• 2 weeks later...

Mines don't play in 1600x1200 either.

Here is a screencap of a movie showing it's 640x480 not that you need a screencap to see it's clearly not 1600x1200.

clipboard01cy4.jpg

And also what's up with the HQ audio. From what I read it was supposed to add stereo but music files I take out of the HQ music exe with WinRAR show it's not. And they're 22kHz 8-bit. So what exactly is HQ about it?

clipboard01qi8.jpg

Can anyone out there verify through screencaps that they can run the HQ movies in 1600x1200? And also that they have higher quality music. It seems some of us are living in the Twilight Zone where the HQ packs do squat ****.

Hi, I recently got this game (I know it's kinda old now) and I just downloaded and installed the high res movie patches. Sadly all the movies continue to play at 640x480 within the game. The movies do look somewhat better I think, but how do I get them to play at 1600x1200? My monitor does support a res of 1600x1200, infact that's the res I play the game at.

My specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Radeon 9800 Pro

Athon XP 2.2ghz

1. idon't think the movies run at the same definition as the rest of the gam

2. i didn't think the game itself ran at 1600x1200, mine only goes to 1280x something

My specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Radeon 9800 Pro

Athon XP 2.2ghz

2. i didn't think the game itself ran at 1600x1200, mine only goes to 1280x something

1. The standard movies run at 640x480. And they are badly encoded, the quality is worse than FMV on Playstation games. Wether it's the same res as the gameplay depends if you play at 640x480 although you'd have to have a really crappy system to do that. The HQ movies are supposed to be 1600x1200.

2. Mine does go up to 1600x1200. The game probably doesn't detect your monitor supporting that high a resolution.

All I want from someone out there is confirmation that these HQ packs actually work. Any side by side comparisons out there? Atlhough with the prevalence of LCD panels that don't go above 1280x1024 I'd imagine most of you don't even meet the requirements for the HQ movie pack...

Edited by Vazel

Well I saw a few of the HQ videos in Bink movie player and looks like I'm not missing out on anything since the picture quality doesn't approach 720p quality and not even comparable to DVD. The 1600x1200 resolution these videos are encoded at are a complete waste considering the PQ. No one need worry about missing out on the HQ video/music packs since all indications are that it's a sham.

clipboard01wq8.png

My specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Radeon 9800 Pro

Athon XP 2.2ghz

1. The standard movies run at 640x480. And they are badly encoded, the quality is worse than FMV on Playstation games. Wether it's the same res as the gameplay depends if you play at 640x480 although you'd have to have a really crappy system to do that. The HQ movies are supposed to be 1600x1200.

2. Mine does go up to 1600x1200. The game probably doesn't detect your monitor supporting that high a resolution.

All I want from someone out there is confirmation that these HQ packs actually work. Any side by side comparisons out there? Atlhough with the prevalence of LCD panels that don't go above 1280x1024 I'd imagine most of you don't even meet the requirements for the HQ movie pack...

mine is 1440X900