Soo, my cat is stuck in a tree...

Brittany

My mom and I have tried for almost an hour to get him down but its now 11:30 and he hasn't budged. I would climb up and get him if I could, but there is no way I could haul my fat ass 40-50 feet off the ground and back again. I feel so bad leaving him up there but right now there is nothing we can do. Tomorrow morning I am going to call the animal shelter to see if they can do anything. I've heard fire departments don't actually help with cat retrieval so I won't even bother asking them. If all else fails, I'll pay a tree-cutter-taker-downer person and have them come and get him down. My poor baby...

='(

Usually around the time they get hungry ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My mom and I have tried for almost an hour to get him down but its now 11:30 and he hasn't budged. I would climb up and get him if I could, but there is no way I could haul my fat ass 40-50 feet off the ground and back again. I feel so bad leaving him up there but right now there is nothing we can do. Tomorrow morning I am going to call the animal shelter to see if they can do anything. I've heard fire departments don't actually help with cat retrieval so I won't even bother asking them. If all else fails, I'll pay a tree-cutter-taker-downer person and have them come and get him down. My poor baby...

='(

I'm not a big fan of cats but I see that you have two options...shoot him out of the tree with a 12 gauge or sprinkle some of his favorite cat-food across a floor fan and fan it his way. Either way it's a win, win situation :wink: . BTW - I have a cat that is approaching 22 years old. If he pisses on my stuff again, he won't see 23! I'm tired of having blood work done on this cat and they draw fossilized dirt instead of drawing blood.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

They tend to come down of their own accord when you leave them alone.

+1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is he down yet? What's to eat in a tree anyways?

Our cats seemed to enjoy birds :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I dont think Ive ever actually seen a cat eat a bird, or mouse for that matter. When I lived in the South and had an outdoor cat it would bring dead birds, field mice, lizards, etc... and leave them at the back sliding door. It was almost like he was showing me his trophies and they were often still alive but he never ate a one of them.

I dont think Ive ever actually seen a cat eat a bird, or mouse for that matter. When I lived in the South and had an outdoor cat it would bring dead birds, field mice, lizards, etc... and leave them at the back sliding door. It was almost like he was showing me his trophies and they were often still alive but he never ate a one of them.

According to some Dr.Dolittles out there, cats do that to show to their servants (yes, the family are servants to them) on how to hunt properly. And there's also the "being a show-off"-factor involved.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I once had a hamster that escaped from his cage. He was missing for days, then one day I saw him floating in the fish tank... dead... with a very traumatized goldfish looking at him.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

shotgun will get it down ^_^

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What are the visible signs of trauma in a goldfish?

:ermm::o:blink:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

He magically came down sometime around 3-4 in the morning. He broke the screen door just to get in but at least he came home! I have no idea how he managed it...

Oh and thank you for all your lovely suggestions, however, shooting my cat out of the tree was never an option. Thanks though. :ermm:

He magically came down sometime around 3-4 in the morning. He broke the screen door just to get in but at least he came home! I have no idea how he managed it...

Oh and thank you for all your lovely suggestions, however, shooting my cat out of the tree was never an option. Thanks though. :ermm:

I'm glad your cat is okay. :)

Will you be my girlfriend?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm glad your cat is okay. :)

Will you be my girlfriend?

um...what? lol

Hey, stop freaking out the cat person here. :ermm: