Quick question about Kreia for one of the game developers

I don't think the devs visit this board very often anymore, but could be wrong.

Anyways, this is really something that could be discussed until the end of time. I always viewed it as Kreia is just Kreia, and not really Jedi or Sith at the time of the game. I believe many people (justifably perhaps, since it's a Star Wars game) try to classify stuff in KOTOR2 as black and white, Jedi or Sith. But my guess is that Obsidian wanted to kinda break that view.

I think however, that most people who played the game would view Kreia as a Sith (and hey, she shows up at the title screen). The hints are there, from the title screen to her change in appearance etc.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Quite frankly, I'm of the opinion that, as always, she stayed Kreia.

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Kreia is just Kreia.

No sith, no jedi, just Kreia

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'll agree that Kreia was just Kreia...

but one question... Kreia wanted the Exile to somehow kill the Force, right? How did her actions at the end of the game promote this agenda?

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

When Kreia says that Revan never fell, but stayed true to himself no matter what mask he wore, I think that she was speaking out of pride of her former student, but I also think she was speaking more about herself than she did about Revan. Kreia was Kreia, no matter what mask she wore. The jedi threw her out because her teachings were too "dark". The sith threw her out because she wasn't ambitious and hateful enough. That speaks volumes, especially when after being thrown out by both extremes, she return to face the council with proof (namely the Exile) of her teachings - through it all, she remained true to her teachings regardless of which side she taught them on.

I'll agree that Kreia was just Kreia...

but one question... Kreia wanted the Exile to somehow kill the Force, right? How did her actions at the end of the game promote this agenda?

I've always felt that it was her plan from the beginning to fight against the Exile, providing the conflict that would foster his growth and development (in keeping with her general Echani philosophy that true expression and growth comes only from conflict). In a way, she won-- the remaining Jedi Council and Sith Lords are dead, and the living contradiction that is the Exile is off to find Revan, the only other master of the ways of the Force that remains in the galaxy.

See, this is the kind of question that keeps TSL interesting after YEARS of gameplay. K1 is just so uncomplicated. And thus, so boring. I myself, will never truly understand Kreia. And that's most of her charm for me. :)

Kreia is the great thing about TSL, because she is either a hero or a villain depending on your own point of view. And she is about the best written and most complex (and easily among the best voice-acted) character I've yet seen in a computer game.

I have to put in my two cents, I personally don't like and don't use Kreia she tries to turn all your allies against you she underminds your authority when she gets the chance, yes she tries to make you the greatest thing the galaxy has ever known but she tries to exile you from your friends and from the path you choose, when you are making choices throught the game she only gains influence through the evil selfish choices you make, so in this since she is a sith, but she wishes to see you live and grow and she tries to protect you, that is sort of a jedi way so in a way she is both

I think Kreia was just Kreia. However, in the end game she seems to have taken on the guise of a Sith Lord so she could test you against her waves and waves of Sith, not to mention Sion.

also i think she wanted to rid the galaxy of sion, nihilus, and their sith followers

I think Kreia was just Kreia. However, in the end game she seems to have taken on the guise of a Sith Lord so she could test you against her waves and waves of Sith, not to mention Sion.

also i think she wanted to rid the galaxy of sion, nihilus, and their sith followers

Well, certainly Nihilus anyway. Once he was gone, she accepted Sion and his sith followers back, after all... with herself as leader, of course -_-

• 2 weeks later...