Handmaiden lost?

Why would that surprise you? She's not exactly too lovable to being with :(

Actually, I've always jokingly referred to Kreia as mommy, because she's just so motherly toward the Exile the whole damn game. I don't approve of you being too lightsided. I don't approve of you being too dark sided. I don't like the way you've been hanging out with all the girls (if you're a male Exile).

So her wanting SO much for the Exile (and I truly believe she loves you, too), but abandoning Brianna, w/o a single thought seems weirdly inconsistant to me. Sure, the Exile's a wound in the force, and Brianna just you run-of-the-mill Jedi, but, what?

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Why would that surprise you? She's not exactly too lovable to being with :(

Actually, I've always jokingly referred to Kreia as mommy, because she's just so motherly toward the Exile the whole damn game. I don't approve of you being too lightsided. I don't approve of you being too dark sided. I don't like the way you've been hanging out with all the girls (if you're a male Exile).

So her wanting SO much for the Exile (and I truly believe she loves you, too), but abandoning Brianna, w/o a single thought seems weirdly inconsistant to me. Sure, the Exile's a wound in the force, and Brianna just you run-of-the-mill Jedi, but, what?

To that, I'll paraphrase a quote from Kreia herself. "Do you always speak of your past? Or is there some things you'd rather forget?"

I mean, not to sound insensitive, but sometimes your past is something you'd rather forget alltogether... and reminders of that past are best left alone.

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Why would that surprise you? She's not exactly too lovable to being with ;)

she does now that you mention it

Why would that surprise you? She's not exactly too lovable to being with :grin:

Well, you're stuck with that problem regardless of whether Kreia is Arren Kae or not. Kae was thrown out of the jedi order about the same time as Kreia, which was around the time when Revan split the order. However, according to Kreia Kae was exiled because it was discovered that she had a child. Now, this is almost a decade before TSL takes place, only Brianna is a lot older than that. According to Avellone, she is 25 in the game. If Kae having a child went undiscovered that long, then she can't have been a significant part of her daughter's life for at least her first fifteen years. And after that, Kae was assumed dead at Malachor V. Either way, Kae gave up her daughter and let her live and be raised by her father with her half-sisters and their mother. So I don't see that as something that speaks against Kreia and Kae being the same person.

I wasn't trying to point out the inconsistencies to try to argue AGAINST Kreia being Kae. I guess I was just saying that if Traya and Kae are one and the same that it... well, it's disappointing. ;) Cuz I really like Kreia. But that's a mark against her, IMO.

Here's a screenie I took today: ;)

Trayareturns-1.jpg

Edited by babydol

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

I wasn't trying to point out the inconsistencies to try to argue AGAINST Kreia being Kae. I guess I was just saying that if Traya and Kae are one and the same that it... well, it's disappointing. :( Cuz I really like Kreia. But that's a mark against her, IMO.

Well, I'm ambivalent about Kreia myself. I love her as a character and respect her as an insightful teacher. Her dedication to the truth despite norms and her defiance of the will of the force are inspiring and admirable. That they might be misguided only makes her efforts more compelling. But she is willing to sacrifice the innocent and abuse and manipulate others to achieve her goals, which ultimately stains her intents beyond redemption IMHO. So I'm not surprised if she has made hard choices in the past. She seems to used to it and too cold and indifferent to the resulting suffering, so if she is Kae, then it only underscores that point to me that she was also willing to give up her own daughter. It would even explain how she got to be so cold and calculating - what can be more numbing and damaging for a mother than having to give up her own child to appease the status quo and the norms?