4. Aliens RPG

5. Alpha Protocol

6. NWN2: SoZ

7. Fallout 3

8. Sonic DS

9. Age of Decadence

10. Diablo 3

10a. Bio MMORPG

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

At this point, only Fallout 3 and Dragon Age are on my "must have" list. Other games I'd be interested in haven't even been announced... Jade Empire 2, Mass Effect sequels, KOTOR 3... so there's no sense in really "looking forward" to games that may never be made.

I would be anxious to see NWN3, because I loved NWN2. However, the expansion made so many drastic design changes (most of them incredibly annoying) that it barely resembled the original game, and the next expansion (though it may be fun to play) will apparently bear more resemblance to IWD than NWN, so I honestly can't imagine what NWN3 would look like if it were ever made, which at this point I rather doubt.

I don't know enough about AP and Aliens to decide whether I even want to buy them, let alone be excited about them. Neither premise appeals to me at the moment. I'll have to wait and see what happens after they've been released and I read the reviews.

Rather a lean time for the kind of games I personally want to play, actually. Maybe some exciting stuff will be announced in 2009.

Rather a lean time for the kind of games I personally want to play, actually.

Out of curiosity, what kind of games do you want to play? What does appeal to you?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Rather a lean time for the kind of games I personally want to play, actually.

Out of curiosity, what kind of games do you want to play? What does appeal to you?

Well, all the games I listed, of course. High on my list of faves have been BG, BG2/TOB, IWD, Gothic I & II, Planescape:Torment, among others. For tactical games my all time favorite is Jagged Alliance 2, but I liked the early Civilization games as well (Civ 3 I hated). I'm not a FPS fan, but still loved Deus Ex and No One Lives Forever.

I'm not into war games, games about kicking old ladies to steal their purses, games about mobsters and hitmen or vampires. Just not my thing. Drooling aliens and sex-machine spies are not particularly appealing premises to me, but the finished games may surprise me and make it onto my "love it!" list. Everyone has different tastes, and I just don't see any other games coming down the pike at the moment that I would consider myself to be "looking forward to."

At this point, only Fallout 3 and Dragon Age are on my "must have" list.

I agree on Dragon Age but no DI. For the love of all that is holy, you cannot be serious on looking forward to Fallout 3. Seriously.

You have always mirrored my like and dislike of games, but please... Fallout 3?? D:

The only ones I can say I'm looking forward to are Fallout 3, Sims 3, and Spore. I'm not looking forward to any Obsidian games -- not to say I won't buy them, but I don't really care when they come out.

I haven't bought Mass Effect, and probably won't buy Dragon Age. I got very bored and annoyed with KOTOR and stopped playing long before The Big Plot Twist, and when I found out about said twist, it guaranteed I wouldn't be back. The whole thing made me very unenthusiastic about Bioware.

I'm not into games about mobsters and hitmen or vampires. Just not my thing.

So that's Mafia, Hitman 2 and Blood Money plus VtM:Bloodlines out of your list. Tough crowd here. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Games I will be getting:

Fable 2

Alpha Protocol

Red Alert 3

Empires: Total War

ME2

Aliens RPG

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Soul Calibur 4

Codemasters F1 game

Civilization V

Half Life EP3

Resident Evil 5

Games I might get (Depending on what I here/read closer to/at release)

Dragon Age

NWN2 SOZ

Fallout 3

Precursors

The Force Unleashed

Dead Space

Dues Ex 3

Rage

Games I look forward to being announced (Hopefully)

Jade Empire 2

Armored Core 5

Quake 5

Games I would like that won't ever come out

Wing Commander

Freelancer 2

FreeSpace 3

Homeworld 3

Jedi Knight 4

KotOR 3 (MMO doesn't count)

A good Star Trek game

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

At this point, only Fallout 3 and Dragon Age are on my "must have" list.

I agree on Dragon Age but no DI. For the love of all that is holy, you cannot be serious on looking forward to Fallout 3. Seriously.

You have always mirrored my like and dislike of games, but please... Fallout 3?? D:

Awww... :p .... I feel bad letting you down. But yes, I want Fallout 3. Thing is, I'm not expecting it to be anything like the original Fallout games. I expect a completely different game set in the Fallout universe, and expect to play it and judge it on its own merits rather than in comparison with my beloved Fallout 2, which will never be reproduced again.

I feel all teary-eyed, Jaesun. You've... you've never expressed disappointment in me before. *sniff*

Games I would like that won't ever come out

Wing Commander

Freelancer 2

FreeSpace 3

Jedi Knight 4

KotOR 3 (MMO doesn't count)

I couldn't agree more!

I stopped reading after "Freelancer 2" for need of supplication while beholding these prophetic words of wisdom as foretold by Lord Jergal, Lord of the End of Everything, progenitor of knucklesbones, skull-bowling, the empty throne and everything totally sweet and awesome.

However this is not enough. We must complete the ritual for purposes of posterity so that future generations can behold the sacred scriptures made 99% of win (and 1% from turnips, since Jan Jansen is kinda cool too. Annoying, but cool):

Vampire the Masquerade 3

Gladius 2

King's Quest 9

Independence War 3

Baldur's Gate 3

Arcanum 2

Tachyon the Fringe 2

Planescape 2

A barely competent Star Trek game

manthing2.jpg

I stopped reading after "Freelancer 2"

Understandable, but nevertheless it had Freespace 3 on the list.. which is enough to make me agree on anything!

Vampire the Masquerade 3

Baldur's Gate 3

Planescape 2

true true.. Especially a good BG game..

Fortune favors the bald.

Starcraft 2

Fable 2

the new prince of persia

Star wars: The force unleashed

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3

KotOR 3

Mass effect 2

Diablo 3

I cant wait for any of them

A certain annoying, pathetic, furry, purple dinosaur should be:

1. Held up as a loving role model for children

I stopped reading after "Freelancer 2" for need of supplication while beholding these prophetic words of wisdom as foretold by Lord Jergal, Lord of the End of Everything, progenitor of knucklesbones, skull-bowling, the empty throne and everything totally sweet and awesome.

However this is not enough. We must complete the ritual for purposes of posterity so that future generations can behold the sacred scriptures made 99% of win (and 1% from turnips, since Jan Jansen is kinda cool too. Annoying, but cool):

Uh.........um......... ok?

Vampire the Masquerade 3

Baldur's Gate 3

Planescape 2

So you want 4e games? Don't all dnd fans want to burn WotC for that?

Also The Masquerade was scrapped and replaced with The Requiem.

Which means

Malkavians = Ventrue :p

Tremere = gone :(

A barely competent Star Trek game

That was made: Bridge Commander

A good one will only happen if game developers realize that ship combat doesn't = Star Trek, and make it an RPG. CD Projekt would know how to make it....

Understandable, but nevertheless it had Freespace 3 on the list.. which is enough to make me agree on anything!

What's wrong with Freelancer? Or are you being picky and referring to the fact that technically it would be the third in the series?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

1. NHL 09 - Let it continue the tradition of the BEST HOCKEY GAME EVER.

2. Dragon Age - Spiritual successor to the awesome NWN... and, sadly, all those crappy BIO games too...

3. Storm of Zehir - BRING ON MORE NWN GAMES! Ooo yeah!!!

Other stuff: ME2, FF13 (FOR 360!!!), and I'm sure there's more I'm missing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What's wrong with Freelancer? Or are you being picky and referring to the fact that technically it would be the third in the series?

Freelancer was okay - but it wasn't really that great.. I wouldn't mind a third game, since I enjoyed both Starlancer and Freelancer, but it's not on my top-10 list.

I agreed with your other choices and went along with FL2 because you shouldn't scoff at the prospect of an ok space-sim.

Fortune favors the bald.

The expanded edition of The Witcher - although I would like to know if I'll have to import an uncensored copy or if the one released in the U.S. will be the real thing. :yucky:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 2 weeks later...
The expanded edition of The Witcher - although I would like to know if I'll have to import an uncensored copy or if the one released in the U.S. will be the real thing. :grin:

What was the difference between the US version and others?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Trust me D_N, you are not missing out much with the censored edition.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds