Exile's Reconnection to the Force... Spoilers!

I was reading through the wookieepedia entry a while back and found this quote:

It was believed by the reconvened Jedi Council that this was because of the wound in the Force that surrounded her, which allowed her

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I'm pretty sure that's someone interpreting the game in a way it wasn't meant to be. If I remember correctly it was Kreia and Kreia alone. At final convo, she says something like this (not the exact words) "perhaps it was a mistake to make you feel the Force again", basically admitting to reconnecting you forcefully.

At final convo, she says something like this (not the exact words) "perhaps it was a mistake to make you feel the Force again", basically admitting to reconnecting you forcefully.

"make" does seem to imply she made the Exile feel the Force again, though maybe it just means she just "helped" the Exile feel it again, guided her when the Exile could feel the Force by herself again. It does seem strange, since Kreia didn't know how and why the Exile was cut off from the Force, but she knows how to bring it back. In any way, I thought the Exile fed on life (using the bond she created with her companions, and drawing on the strength of thsoe around her), not on death.

"make" does seem to imply she made the Exile feel the Force again, though maybe it just means she just "helped" the Exile feel it again, guided her when the Exile could feel the Force by herself again. It does seem strange, since Kreia didn't know how and why the Exile was cut off from the Force, but she knows how to bring it back. In any way, I thought the Exile fed on life (using the bond she created with her companions, and drawing on the strength of thsoe around her), not on death.

I'm not sure Kreia didn't know... she just didn't know what the Exile's motivations were for cutting herself off from the force. Kreia says she doesn't know a lot of things and she implies that the council did it to the Exile, but because of her knowledge of Nihlus I think she knows exactly where it comes from. I think she's just trying to help the Exile figure out the "why", and therefore she lies and manipulates to make the Exile question it herself.

Judging by how much stronger the Exile's Force Bond is with Kreia and her lying nature, I just assumed she created this Force Bond herself as a means to make the Exile feel the force through her.

However, as far as I can tell Kreia didn't know why or how the Exile was cut off. As I can remember that was her whole motivation for her "game of dejarik" in the first place ("Now I know why... you were afraid..." after you confront the Jedi Masters).

Of course, I bet others with much better memory than myself will probably know the truth of this all.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Sion: "Why have you returned?"

Kreia: "Because now I understand why the exile did what she did."

It was always the why that Kreia wanted to know. She already knew the how because of Nihilus, but she wanted to know why the Exile choose to cut herself off from the Force rather than become what Nihilus was.

Anyway, I agree that whoever wrote that ariticle is interpreting the game in a way that it was not intended. Kreia's the one that showed the Exile how the recconnect to the Force, and it had nothing to do with all the dead people on Peragus, it was the presence of Force users/sensitives, Kreia and Atton. I mean she says flat out that the Exile is hearing the Force through her: "Perhaps you can hear the Force again... distantly, through me."

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I had always assumed that she actually regained her connection because of the bond with Kreia. That even though the Exile could no longer feel the Force, because of Kreia's extraordinary Force presence the Exile was able to forge the bond while trying to break out of her drugged state and that bond was what allowed her to manipulate the Force. It is also my assumption that without Force sensitive people to bond with and feed on she would be much weaker than she is.

I agree more with you - Kreia sparked the force in the exile. That's the reason they share such a strong force bond that effects on one affect the other. It's only the beginning, though. The exile grows in power because he continues to create force bonds with all the force sensitives in the group and then "siphon" or "leech" force power from those. The exile grows in power because more and more people join the group whom he can than form force bonds with and draw power through.

I picture the force as a great central hub from which all living things draw force or "energy" to various degrees - some beings have a very minor connection. Jedi (or Sith), however, have strong connections. But the exile has none, because he cut his force bond at Malachor V rather than fall to the dark side, so his connection is now lost - he can no longer draw force "energy" directly from the central hub. But he can still form force bonds and interact and control force power through those bonds. That the exile might be alone doesn't matter because distance is immaterial to the force - Yoda still feels Anakin's struggles through the force though he is very far away and Vodo-Siosk Bass felt Exar Kun's fall from an equal distance.

Another question now becomes, does the Exile also feed on the Sith assassins that feed on her? Can parasites feed on parasites? Can a vacuum suck on another vacuum?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Another question now becomes, does the Exile also feed on the Sith assassins that feed on her? Can parasites feed on parasites? Can a vacuum suck on another vacuum?

I doubt it. The exile does not seem to me to instantly "absorb" force power like Nihilus does. The exile's power seems far more gradual to me and strongly based on (ab)using the force bonds formed with others, which then naturally means that these must be formed first. Nihilus has a "supa-power" to instant-drain force all around him. His sith assassins have learned a very, very limited version based on the same principle - they can "drain" force, but only to power conventional force powers. They cannot drain all force and so kill others instantaneously like Nihilus can. The exile has a power very similar to Nihilus', but it's unclear just how similar it is, since the exile remains obviously of his own powers through most of the game. I suspect he actually has just the same ability as Nihilus does, but has not gone anywhere near his potential even by the end of the game.

Exile decided the fate and will continue to be a huge factor in deciding it. Kreia being a know it all knew this, she welcomed her own death at the end of the game, as if it were just some mere test of Exile's resolve.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

it would be interesting if that was true about Hk-50, force wound and deaths of personal that cause the Exile to feel the force again.

it is possible, kriea, the council, everyone is either ambigous or dosn't really have a clue as to why the exile regains control over the force

it would be interesting if that was true about Hk-50, force wound and deaths of personal that cause the Exile to feel the force again.

it is possible, kriea, the council, everyone is either ambigous or dosn't really have a clue as to why the exile regains control over the force

like all normal wounds, they will heal on their own if given time. Maybe that the Exile's force wound due to the fact s/he hasn't used the force and letting the force wound heal itself like a normal wound. then going around force senstive and normal people stir it up again.

like all normal wounds, they will heal on their own if given time. Maybe that the Exile's force wound due to the fact s/he hasn't used the force and letting the force wound heal itself like a normal wound. then going around force senstive and normal people stir it up again.

But didn't Kavar say that she felt exactly the same to him as she did when she left?

Not that anything anyone says in this game can be taken at face value... lies and deception abound! Man, I love this game... :D

Heh heh, I just listed the reason why and everyone seemed to ignore it.... Kreia forced him to feel the force, she knew what he went through at malachor knew the echo he created, and that is why she loved him. She knew he was both the death and life of the force.

62nzp7r.jpg

But the masters on Dantooine did explain it.

"You carry all those deaths at Malachor within you, and it has left a hole, a hunger that cannot be filled. In you, we saw a wound in the Force. {Quietly, like a pronouncement of doom}In you, we saw the end of the Force. Yes... you can feel the Force, but you cannot feel yourself. You are a cipher, forming bonds, leeching the life of others, siphoning their will and dominating them. It is the teaching of these new Sith, to feed on others, on other Force Sensitives. They are symptomatic of the wound in the Force. You are a breach that must be closed. You transmit your pain, your suffering through the Force.Within you, we see something worse than merely the teachings of the Sith. What you carry may mean the death of the Force... and the death of the Jedi. {Scoffs}So you think. It is not the strength of a Jedi you feel. He's right. It's... all the death you've caused to get here. You feed on it, and you grow stronger. You're like Malachor... it's in you, it's what you are now. You must have noticed as you've fought across all these planets, killing hundreds - only to become more and more powerful. Why do you think that was?But what's worse, is that bonding you have - it hasn't gone away. It's gotten stronger, and the more attachments you form, the more you draw others to you.And that is why you are a threat to us all.What if other Jedi went to war as you did, suffered the same events, and emerged as you did. What if there was a crucible that trained such Jedi to consume and kill? For you, Malachor was that crucible. What's worse, is these Sith that we face... I fear that they have learned the lesson of Malachor all too well. It is what allows them to prey on Force users, to become stronger when Force Sensitives are near. {Accusing}Somehow, they have learned their hunger from you. And so you have brought about the end of the Jedi, and perhaps all the knowledge of the Force."

Of course, this doesn't tell us why the exile did not feel the force for a decade, but HK-47 does.

HK-47: "That is why Revan felt that Malachor V was so important. It was intended to be a conversion tool. Assessment: When faced with a continuous series of hard-fought battles, I detected a significant statistical increase in Jedi following Revan over the Jedi Code - a compromise in principles brought about by battlefield conditions.The emotional weight of war changed Jedi morale, power, and eventually, their allegiance. Conclusion: I believe the Mandalorian Wars were to beat the Mandalorians and also to allow Revan to build the foundation of his army. But I am surprised you have not already arrived at this conclusion. Surely the loss of your troops and the Jedi who served under you at Malachor V, had a detrimental effect upon you and your ties to the Force - and I suspect, your desire to be around others ever again."

Not that Kreia did not play her part though...

Kreia: "Because you are a Jedi who turned from the Force and survived. And became stronger for it. No, there were not. In times past and in times future, there are Jedi who will stop listening to the Force, those that will try to forget it, but maintain unconscious ties. {Quiet}And those, as in the past just as I, who have had the force stripped from them.But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force.It was a mistake to try to make you feel it again, I see that now. There is no truth in the Force. But there is truth in you, exile. And that is why I chose you.Yes, always. From the moment you awoke, I have used you. I have used you so that you might become strong, stronger than I.I used your death to deceive the Sith, to make them believe they had won, so they would turn on each other.And I used you to make those who wounded me reveal themselves, so they could be killed by the Republic. I used you to keep the Lords of the Sith from condemning the galaxy to death with their power unchecked.I used you to lure them to Telos, where they could be, at last, fought and killed. I used you to reveal Atris' corruption, so that her teachings could be ended before they began.I used you to gather the Jedi so they could be destroyed.And I used you to make those who wounded me reveal themselves, so they could be killed by the Republic. It is said that the Force has a will, it has a destiny for us all. I wield it, but it uses us all, and that is abhorrent to me. Because I hate the Force. I hate that it seems to have a will, that it would control us to achieve some measure of balance, when countless lives are lost.But in you... I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will. And that is what pleases me.You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied. I use it as I would use a poison, and in the hopes of understanding it, I will learn the way to kill it.But perhaps these are the excuses of an old woman who has grown to rely on a thing she despises."

I thought the Exile was feeding off of Kreia the whole time (hearing the Force, distantly, through her), and then the more Force Sensitives that joined (and Jedi trained), the more people she should feed off of to fuel her own Force connectivity. While she was in Exile, there was no one to feed off of, and because she had been disconnected from the Force, she was able to survive.

Also, if you remember, the Exile originally thought that she had lost her connection all on her own, though without much solid proof as to why ("Wait, the Jedi did this to me?" "I thought I had lost it by my actions, by forgetting my training and the teaching of the Jedi.")

What I find interesting is that while the Exile forms all these bonds and connections and is this "leader", everyone uses her to their own ends (Atris, Revan, T3-M4, Kreia, the Jedi Council), and she is little more than everyone's puppet.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I thought the Exile was feeding off of Kreia the whole time (hearing the Force, distantly, through her), and then the more Force Sensitives that joined (and Jedi trained), the more people she should feed off of to fuel her own Force connectivity. While she was in Exile, there was no one to feed off of, and because she had been disconnected from the Force, she was able to survive.

No, the exile has no force connection. None. He had none while he was in exile, and he has none during the game. So why can he use the force during the game? Because he forms new bonds with his companions and can "feel" and manipulate the force through those - note how it's described as being "somehow far way" or "from across a great chasm" or "like an echo" the first time he feels the force again. That's because he has no direct connection - he has a connection only through a bond with Kreia at that point, which is the "distance" mentioned, as he gets the force "second-hand", if you will.

So why didn't the exile do that during his decade in exile in the outer rim? That's what HK-47 tells us - he simply disconnected himself from other people, and without a bond to other people he has no access to the force.

The exile is, of course, completely oblivious about this throughout most of the game.

No, the exile has no force connection. None. He had none while he was in exile, and he has none during the game. So why can he use the force during the game? Because he forms new bonds with his companions and can "feel" and manipulate the force through those - note how it's described as being "somehow far way" or "from across a great chasm" or "like an echo" the first time he feels the force again. That's because he has no direct connection - he has a connection only through a bond with Kreia at that point, which is the "distance" mentioned, as he gets the force "second-hand", if you will.

So why didn't the exile do that during his decade in exile in the outer rim? That's what HK-47 tells us - he simply disconnected himself from other people, and without a bond to other people he has no access to the force.

The exile is, of course, completely oblivious about this throughout most of the game.

Exactly, Exile never had an existing force level coursing through him. However after Kreia's death he is connected to the force why? Because he most likely receives most of her's... Or he just is granted it back.

62nzp7r.jpg

No the exile is still connected after Kreia's death because of her bonds with the other Force sensitive people she's picked up along the way.

I would assume that after Kreia dies, her power is reduced considerably.

No the exile is still connected after Kreia's death because of her bonds with the other Force sensitive people she's picked up along the way.

The exile has formed bonds with a number of companions by the time Kreia dies. Then again, I have my own pet theory that the exile's own force connection might have been reestablshed by the time Kreia dies at the end of the game, but that's pure speculation on my part (and a totally different can of worms).

I agree, I think this is the most likely case, although it isn't explained at all what happens to the Exile once she kills Kreia. I mean, following the Rebuilt Enclave scene, the Exile's still panicking about what happens to her if Kreia dies...

DAWUSS