revan or jedi exile ???

PERSONALLY I AM WITH THE EXILE'S SIDE , REVAN MIGHT BE THE DARK LORD ,OR THE SAVIOR OF THE REPUBLIC BUT ... WELL ITS TIME FOR YOU TO TELL ME YOUR IDEAS !!!! START WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR !??!

Exile... of course...

and not to be picky... but why is it that your name and headline are both in total lowercase but your post text is in all uppercase...?

studies show that using all upper case letters drastically reduces comprehension from your readers....

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

PERSONALLY I AM WITH THE EXILE'S SIDE , REVAN MIGHT BE THE DARK LORD ,OR THE SAVIOR OF THE REPUBLIC BUT ... WELL ITS TIME FOR YOU TO TELL ME YOUR IDEAS !!!! START WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR !??!

Request: PRESS CAPS LOCK -BUTTON ONCE MORE IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE ANY MORE POSTS, please!

Jedi Exile gets my vote, there is more depht in her background and story than Revans.

Edited by Sardiini

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR THE COOL

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

mE COOL 'CUSE i USE UPERCASE LETTERS! yEAH, ME COOLEST ONE ON FORUM! NOW ME GO HUNT NOOBIES IN THE GREAT OFF-TOPIC FOREST.

Getting back on topic, the winner would depend on who struck first and where they were fighting.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, they're opposites in a way, but since the Exile is supposed to be a cypher, her strength would depend on what's around her, as you said... if there was NOTHING around her, she'd be pretty evenly matched against Revan, right? If there as something else to draw from, she'd be stronger...

Of course, being stronger in the Force doesn't necessarily equate to being a better fighter / strategist / Jedi... so... there's still some room for debate, I guess...

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

mE COOL 'CUSE i USE UPERCASE LETTERS! yEAH, ME COOLEST ONE ON FORUM! NOW ME GO HUNT NOOBIES IN THE GREAT OFF-TOPIC FOREST.

Getting back on topic, the winner would depend on who struck first and where they were fighting.

NO D_N, DO NOT GIVE IN! :shifty:

Now that I understand the question- I think (:grin:):

Exile

She/He "killed" Revan on Korriban, so Exile wins.

Twitter | @Insevin

Request: PRESS CAPS LOCK -BUTTON ONCE MORE IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE ANY MORE POSTS, please!

Jedi Exile gets my vote, there is more depht in her background and story than Revans.

sorry this is the first time i post in this forum ,i just don't have experience , i used to post at LucasArts forum's

Guest The Architect

I AM DAH CAPS LOCK MASTER DON'T **** WITH ME YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO MAN I MEAN LOOK AT HOW LOUD AND PSYCHO I AM BOOYAHAZZAHKACHA!!!!!

I think Revan would beat the Exile. I mean Sion, Nihilus and Traya weren't "normal" Force users... well Traya was, but she was more of a manipulator than a fighter and not, in terms of normal, raw Force power, up to the scale of Revan or Malak me thinks.

As many Sith as the Exile pwned and the stronger he/she became with each kill, I still don't think he/she would be powerful enough to take down Revan considering how he/she is put on a pedestal compared to the rest of his/her era.

Well, they're opposites in a way, but since the Exile is supposed to be a cypher, her strength would depend on what's around her, as you said... if there was NOTHING around her, she'd be pretty evenly matched against Revan, right? If there as something else to draw from, she'd be stronger...

Of course, being stronger in the Force doesn't necessarily equate to being a better fighter / strategist / Jedi... so... there's still some room for debate, I guess...

What really bakes my noodle in this case is whether or not the Exile would be able to draw strength FROM Revan.

What really bakes my noodle in this case is whether or not the Exile would be able to draw strength FROM Revan.

If she could, either her power would become tremendous, or the sheer power of Revan would be too much for her to handle, I think.

So, what is this thread about? Is it about which character we prefer, or which character would win in a fight?

Well for both questions, the Jedi Exile wins both, for me.

I've always preferred the Jedi Exile, due to his/her background being more interesting than Revan's and in a fight, the Jedi Exile would win, due to how much more evident it is that he/she is a lot more powerful, compared to Revan.

So, what is this thread about? Is it about which character we prefer, or which character would win in a fight?

Well for both questions, the Jedi Exile wins both, for me.

I've always preferred the Jedi Exile, due to his/her background being more interesting than Revan's and in a fight, the Jedi Exile would win, due to how much more evident it is that he/she is a lot more powerful, compared to Revan.

it is about which character you prefer , and i strongly agree that the exile would win a fight because :

1:i believe that the exile had taken better training and had better teachers .

2.the exile was never tempted by the dark side ... as Sion says that the exile saw the dark side [malachor 5 ] but he turned away .

3.the has managed to live without the force for some time ,and this is something admirable .

4.exile killed 3 sith lords and revan killed malak who was an unworthy challenge for someone who used to be the "The Dark Lord of the Sith "

5.when revan fought at the mandalorian wars he had the support of the jedi order and the republic but the exile managed to destroy the sith triumvirate while being the Last of the Jedi !

[ i have to apologize in case you find me English bad cause i'm from Greece ]

Wait, wasn't the whole Jedi Split caused by Revan NOT having the Jedi Order's support in the first place?

Also, the Sith Triumverate were remnants that banded together after the Sith fell apart without Revan or Malak's leadership, right? Doesn't that imply that Revan and Malak were more powerful than these Sith?

Wait, wasn't the whole Jedi Split caused by Revan NOT having the Jedi Order's support in the first place?

Also, the Sith Triumverate were remnants that banded together after the Sith fell apart without Revan or Malak's leadership, right? Doesn't that imply that Revan and Malak were more powerful than these Sith?

I think he meant that although Revan did not have the Jedi Councils support, he still had many followers that went to Malachor with him.

They may have been less powerful than Revan or Malak but at the time of KotOR II they were the most powerful Sith leaders. AND, there were 3 of them versus just Malak.

I prefer Revan. I acknowledge the much more depth in the Exile's character, but KotOR2 did also give Revan more depth, and I like how he's being portrayed in KotOR2.

@exile025:

1: That's just assuming. Revan had many teachers, all having a big reputation. We don't know anything about the Exile's teacher(s), and Kreia trained both, so we can't use her as a factor.

2: There's still some debate as to if Revan really turned to the dark side. I don't remember the exact quote, but Kreia said something about Revan not turning at all, but just doing what was necessary.

3: Living without the Force must've been hard, and it's admirable how the Exile could survive and not break down without it, but if it did make her stronger, then only mentally, not physically.

4: I wouldn't say Malak was incompetent, he just was stupid, but that doesn't mean he can be dangerous. If we look at the three Sith the Exile had to defeat, we have a Sith that hungers, and while being very powerful, was weakened because he tried to feed on the Exile, who was a wound in the Force, which enabled the Exile, who, let's not forget, had two companions with him, to kill the Lord of Hunger; we have a Sith that lives on pain, and cannot be killed by normal means, but who is emotionally not that strong, and is being used as another pawn in Kreia's game, which could mean that the Lord of Pain wasn't that powerful anyway, who was in the end defeated by persuading him to let go; and then we have the Lord of Betrayal, who's strength lies not in battle, but in the manipulation of events and people, who already was a old woman, not any longer the strong Jedi Master she was decades ago, someone who was stripped of her strength by two Sith Lords. Okay, now I make it sound like they were push-overs, but Malak is as worthy as those, though his strength lies in his skill with a lightsaber, not in feeding on the Force, not holding himself together through pain, not being the smart manipulator who could shape events just through words.

5: The Mandalorian Wars and the Sith Civil War were two entirely different conflicts, and let's not forget the Exile had some help, too. And as far as I know, Revan defeated Mandalore and Yusanis face-to-face, just as the Exile defeated the three Sith Lords.

I prefer Revan. I acknowledge the much more depth in the Exile's character, but KotOR2 did also give Revan more depth, and I like how he's being portrayed in KotOR2.

@exile025:

1: That's just assuming. Revan had many teachers, all having a big reputation. We don't know anything about the Exile's teacher(s), and Kreia trained both, so we can't use her as a factor.

2: There's still some debate as to if Revan really turned to the dark side. I don't remember the exact quote, but Kreia said something about Revan not turning at all, but just doing what was necessary.

3: Living without the Force must've been hard, and it's admirable how the Exile could survive and not break down without it, but if it did make her stronger, then only mentally, not physically.

4: I wouldn't say Malak was incompetent, he just was stupid, but that doesn't mean he can be dangerous. If we look at the three Sith the Exile had to defeat, we have a Sith that hungers, and while being very powerful, was weakened because he tried to feed on the Exile, who was a wound in the Force, which enabled the Exile, who, let's not forget, had two companions with him, to kill the Lord of Hunger; we have a Sith that lives on pain, and cannot be killed by normal means, but who is emotionally not that strong, and is being used as another pawn in Kreia's game, which could mean that the Lord of Pain wasn't that powerful anyway, who was in the end defeated by persuading him to let go; and then we have the Lord of Betrayal, who's strength lies not in battle, but in the manipulation of events and people, who already was a old woman, not any longer the strong Jedi Master she was decades ago, someone who was stripped of her strength by two Sith Lords. Okay, gnow I make it sound like they were push-overs, but Malak is as worthy as those, though his strength lies in his skill with a lightsaber, not in feeding on the Force, not holding himself together through pain, not being the smart manipulator who could shape events just throuh words.

5: The Mandalorian Wars and the Sith Civil War were two entirely different conflicts, and let's not forget the Exile had some help, too. And as far as I know, Revan defeated Mandalore and Yusanis face-to-face, just as the Exile defeated the three Sith Lords.

kreia said that when revan learned everything that could possibly be leaned by the light side and the jedi he turned to the dark side ...

also revan might went to the mandalorial wars to protect but soon he was temped by the dark side and he started the quest for the star forge , the exile never

fought the council he just wanted to save million life's

in conclusion the were both great jedi - despite revan joined the dark side - but i do support the exile

I found the quotes. Here's what Kreia says: "And there is something that the Council may never understand. That perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil. I do not believe the Jedi Council changed Revan, as they claimed. They merely stripped away the surface, and allowed the true self to emerge again - someone who was willing to wage war to save others. "

The Exile defied the council as much as Revan did by going to war, and both went to save the people on the Outer Rim. Revan, however, knew more than the Exile knew, something he shared with no one, perhaps not even his own apprentice.

But I do agree, though, that both were great Jedi, both in strength and in their accomplishments.

sorry this is the first time i post in this forum ,i just don't have experience , i used to post at LucasArts forum's

Well, that explains much...

I suppose you're really asking which side we agree more with - Revan's choice to plunge the galaxy into war, split the jedi order and turn to the dark side to save the republic or the exile's choice to refuse the dark side.

Personally I like neither, really, because they are both deeply troubled people with some severely unattractive character flaws. Exile's choice may seem better, because he at least refused to become the thing he hated, but as we see in TSL, his choice was to run and hide, which carries volumes of trouble in its wake that may be just as dangerous - especially Nihilus, who is apparently the direct result from the exile's choice given what the masters tell us. TSL is a story about how running away doesn't help, because eventually you'll still have to face your demons, and by ignoring them you make that confrontation harder and more dangerous.

So is Revan better? Well, it may seem better that Revan is prepared to both make hard choices and deal with the consequences, but then Revan is able to do so only by refusing to hear those who suffer and sacrifice the innocent in an "the end justifies the means" or even "might is right" state of mind, which really isn't that much better IMHO. We can argue that Revan did it all because he saw the greater threat of the True Sith looming over the galaxy, but I've never agreed with Kreia that all that Revan did was by choices dictated by the circumstances. If it had been, then why didn't Revan use the Starforge to create an armada to fight the true Sith? Because once Revan became a sith, he stopped caring about the republic except as place to rule or take resources from. He may have chosen to fall for good intentions, but then that is just what the road to hell is paved with...

So, do you prefer to the guy who sacrificed his soul to become an interstellar despot for the greater good or the guy who couldn't accept where his choices had taken him or what their consequences would be and so ran and hid for a decade instead? While I like both of the characters, neither of those sound very good. I suppose I'd like Revan a little more, though only because I can take Mission's position and claim that the character we see in the game is no longer the person who accepted turning to the dark side and kill the innocent. The exile cannot make that claim, and subjecting your past to the point of forgetting your choice and ignore its consequences is not very endearing in any event...

Revan. Sith pwn. And I choose to (usually) forget that he canonically went LS, mostly because him not realizeing that he was within 10 feet of his own Holocron doesn't make much sense to me.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Is this even a real question???? Revan.

1. Revan mastered the force at a younger age

2. Had the ultimate training of both Light and Darkside

3. Survived his reconnection as did Exile.

4. As TrueNeutral said he was stronger than them

5. beat all the sith lords of Korriban.. holo or not.

6. Was quote "swarming" with the force.

7. An incredible finese duelist according to sources...

8. Why am I even doing this..

9. This is a another pointless thread...

10. Hasn't this happen already.. I smell a bump?

11. They would never have to fight.

And Revan is the overall Top Jedi of his era. Why? Anyone remember who Bane consulted to prefect his technique... REVAN. He can both defend an attack on his Republic... and attack them later on...

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan