4E already released!

ramza

Due to some distributor's mistake, 4E books have been shipped 10 before the launch date! WotC is mad with this but who cares?

The following link explains everything:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=24420

I didn't expect anything good in the first place, but 4E really seems to be dumbed down version of 3E with anime/marvel-DC comics special abilities... sucks...

I wil stick to 3.5 E

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Nah, I'm halfway through PHB, and 4E seems good so far. The way some powers look and work is pretty ludicrous, but there are some real gems, like this:

dreadfulwordvf3.jpg

Stylish and badass, without being over the top. I like most of the changes made to the core mechanics, so if you think you can stomach the flashier powers, definitely pick up a copy of PHB.

20795.jpg

[quote name='H

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Keep in mind that the damage buffs and debuffs deal is usually laughable.

legionshandti7.jpg

2d10, and that's a level 29 daily. Still stupid, but I can live with it. Not to mention that it will be right at home at pulpy settings, such as Eberron.

20795.jpg

If you have read the Tome of Magic for 3.5e there was a class in there calle the Binder that makes pacts with various fallen powers to gain abilities. The Warlock can do this in 4e if that is the route the player wants to go with his or her character.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

IIRC, there's at least Fey Pact, Demon Pact and Star Pact(whatever that means).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I like quite a bit of what I read. I'd buy the book if I ever PnP'ed. Which I don't.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dnd 4E is made for MMORPG gaming. Period. Look at DDI, it's like WOW but worse in every aspect

There are a quite a number of things I don't like about 4e but there are somethings I do like. I think I will tear 4e apart and disgard what I don't like and fill it in with Arcana Evolved material.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I wonder what kind of pact my Neverwinter Nights 3 (or whatever the next D&D CRPG is) Warlock will make. Star or Infernal. Star sounds tempting.

[quote name='H

That's a wrong impression. I can understand why some people may call 4E a miniatures wargame, but an MMO? Sorry, but no.

Fact: your 4E campaign will have as much role-playing as the DM wants. Read: as much as the previous editions had.

20795.jpg

Lovecraftian flavor in my favorite class? nom nom nom nom, delish