Ghost Avatars

walkerguy

Is it just me or is that shortly after you change your avatar your old one will sometimes pop up? Even if you had removed the old one before uploading the new one and refreshed the profile page? This happens to me every time I make edits. Explorer and Mozilla. :rolleyes:

Note: In ghost mode my avatar is over-stretched vertically and my ghost personal picture is normal. The comments pictures are also ghosts when this happens.

I caught a picture of it:

67bde37ed5.jpg

Doesn't look very stretched there. :)

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

You need to refresh your browser after changing your avatar. ;)

Even if you had removed the old one before uploading the new one and refreshed the page?

:down:

I see your avatar as that of the Halo guy lobbing a plasma grenade.

Thats the ghost.

Twitter | @Insevin

I think it's just you that need to refresh as well. I saw the old one until just now when I refreshed and then it was the new one.

I'm guessing the forum keeps the name of the image whenever we change avatars, and therefor it's still cached in the browser.

I'm guessing the forum keeps the name of the image whenever we change avatars, and therefor it's still cached in the browser.

Your guess would be correct, and so someone who has not refreshed their cache(s) will still see the older images. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 2 weeks later...

It took a few days for mine to change. I had the old image with the new image dimensions, but when I would go to my Avatar Settings, my new image would sit there perfectly.

Mine works perfectly now though.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.