Lightsaber

Hi,

I just want to check something before I go any further in the game; not sure if I missed something crucial.

After leaving the maidens on Telos I decided to head to Onderon as my first stop in uniting the remaining Jedi whereupon my ship was attacked and I ended up on a moon with a load of Mandelorians. All this is very familiar to you I'm sure. Wandering around the camp I get into the fisty-cuffs ring with a couple of Mandalorians and one of the gives me the option to use my lightsaber and force powers.

Thing is .. I only have a power cell and a red crystal .. I don't actually possess a lightsaber though gawd knows I've been looking everywhere for the bits so Bao-Dur can cobble one together. My question then is two fold but I don't want to spoil what's coming if possible.

--Have I missed the bits to make my lightsaber (I have a "lightsaber energy cell fixture" and "a red crystal" at this point),if so, where do I get them? Also, when I do get the bits is it just a case of getting Bao into my group and talking to him to get the option to put it together?

--Should I have a lightsaber at this point or is that text at the fighting circle a little misleading.

Many thanks in advance

Hol

--Have I missed the bits to make my lightsaber (I have a "lightsaber energy cell fixture" and "a red crystal" at this point),if so, where do I get them? Also, when I do get the bits is it just a case of getting Bao into my group and talking to him to get the option to put it together?

No you haven't. You'll get the parts eventually, and no you can't accidently miss them :ermm:. As for the second part - yes - you do just talk to Bao-dur and he'll do his thing.

--Should I have a lightsaber at this point or is that text at the fighting circle a little misleading.

Misleading text. Well, sort of. Basically he's just saying you can use a lightsabre, if you have one.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

No you haven't. You'll get the parts eventually, and no you can't accidently miss them :ermm:. As for the second part - yes - you do just talk to Bao-dur and he'll do his thing.

Misleading text. Well, sort of. Basically he's just saying you can use a lightsabre, if you have one.

ahh spot on, that's good to know

Cheers for the info :)

Hol

No you haven't. You'll get the parts eventually, and no you can't accidently miss them :shrugz:. As for the second part - yes - you do just talk to Bao-dur and he'll do his thing.

one time i got a lightsaber as random loot from a sith assasin on the harbinger

Must have been a major glitch then, because isn't it impossible to even get parts for lightsabers via quests before you make your own? I was under the impression that any lightsaber part, or lightsaber, that would be given to you would be turned into one of the pieces for your lightsaber- though I could be wrong.

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Must have been a major glitch then, because isn't it impossible to even get parts for lightsabers via quests before you make your own? I was under the impression that any lightsaber part, or lightsaber, that would be given to you would be turned into one of the pieces for your lightsaber- though I could be wrong.

No, it's not impossible. The thing is, there are two sorts of "items" for lightsabers:

1. "quest items" that you'll use to create your first lightsaber

2. parts that you can use to upgrade an existing lightsaber with at a workbench

If you're a first time player, this can be confusing to distinguish between, but basically the game will allow you only to find the four (IIRC) items you need to create your first lightsaber - I don't recall what they are, but Bao-Dur can tell you anytime - and once you have them, you begin finding actual lightsabers instead.

This can seem strange in light of the fact places like ring in the Mandalorian camp on Dxun allow you to use a lightsaber in a fight, even if you don't have one. The reason for that is that you can play the planets after Telos in any order you like, so if you choose Onderon/Dxun as one of the later ones (as I always do), you'll likely have your lightsaber (or perhaps several) by then.

Understood. But what about Lightsabers? Do they just magically begin showing up after you create your own?

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Understood. But what about Lightsabers? Do they just magically begin showing up after you create your own?

There are a number of points in the game when you're supposed to find either a part of a lightsaber or a full lightsaber, like after fights dictated by the plot (like Visas) or as part of a loot you're bound to find (like Vogga's storeroom or upon killing cannocks on Dxun). On those points you'll find lightsaber parts until you have enough to make one, and after that you'll find full lightsabers instead. So no, I wouldn't say they magically appear - the game just sort of acknowledges that you've got a lightsaber now and shouldn't find more parts.

I barely noticed a bash option. When I did, I was surprised to find a jackpot. This is a bit different from pearls. Besides, you only find pearls in Krayyt dragons. :down:

Twitter | @Insevin

lightsaber parts are located in certain main quest locations and some side quest locations. After you have all 4 parts you will find lightsabers were the parts used to be and you have a better chance of picking up lightsabers as random loot.

The loot in this game is mostly random. Some important enemys allways drop a particullar item ,while many grunts drop random loot. The quality of the loot and the chance of getting good quallity loot are scalled to the pc's leval; the higher your leval the better chance you have of getting better items.

the red crystals in the eggs are like pearls in clams and kryt dragons. thier items that are rare and useful, that are created by a living organism.

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Some of they ARE in the eggs in TSL. I should also note thats no more magical than pearls in oysters or clams.

weird i just never get anything from them, thats why i was disappointed with the cave in this game