• Peragus II
    • Telos
    • Nar Shaddaa
    • Onderon
    • Korriban
    • Dantooine
    • Dxun

Peragus was a total bore.

Telos was a close second. You're on a large space station, you should be able to explore more places than the few that the game allows you.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Telos was a close second. You're on a large space station, you should be able to explore more places than the few that the game allows you.

I think there were some sections that were cut, if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, I agree, it was a bit small. ... but then again, every place was small with the exception of Peragus. The only place where the exploration size was OK was Dxun and maybe RZ-0031 IMO.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It's a definitely problem that the planets seem very small and similar all over. It was a definite plus that Telos did in fact have a cold north pole - we'll never see that on Tatooine, I fear :*

I guess Tatooine in K1 really was the worst, as the feeling of huge, planet-spanning deserts is totally lost in very small area where you can instantly see all the important stuff in the distance upon leaving the city :wub:

If they ever do KotOR3, I hope they let us explore some landscape that are both huge and empty. Tatooine would be easy - just a huge, huge desert of sand and nothing else, which it would take hours or even days of play for the player to walk across. Boring, you say? Well, let the Ebon Hawk have a portable landspeeder to break out when planet-exploring. That would be cool. Flying a speeder beats walking, and would allow the sense of vastness to return too.

That's one of the major reasons I enjoy playing Morrowind; everything is to scale except the weight of items and the amount of weight a person can carry (killograms and pounds are too heavy, but if the weight are in hectograms or deci-pounds then they are some what realistic).

on topic

Peragus and telos are both too slow. Peragus should be slow because it's the advanced toutorial but telos should be faster. A better plot would require the exile to build a lightsaber to fight the enemies. Instead of Telos being a hurdel it could be a haven ware you can build a lightsaber and train for the fight ahead. but that would be a jump from the belly of the whale to the road of trials and you need the first threshold in between or at least that how I remember the sequence. (this is an allusion of which I don't care to explian at this point)

Narr Shadda

there has to be a beefy part of the game ware you get butt load of expirence, items, allignment points, and party members. Ondreon/Duxn and Narr Shadda both fullfill this role.

Korriban

korriban is short because of the infamus cut content. It was supposed to work like Duxn/Ondreon, you were supposed to find some evidence in the accadimey that lonna vash and her padawan left for M4-78 the droid planet. A large planet with enough moduales and quest to legitamatly get to leval 50.

Dantoine felt just a little too short and the merchants should have returned after the attack.

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I think Dxun was the biggest "explorable" area. In KOTOR 3 maps modeled like Dxun could be amazing.. With all the sounds and effects of the jungle that would be incredible. Most of the planets were too small for my liking.... but then again, I never spent much time on them. But I guess thats because they were so small..

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Dxun seems to be more 'explorable' in my opinion because it's nicely designed and looks decent enough as a jungle/forest. I felt a little bit let down however with the Sith Tomb on Dxun, more specifically 'getting there'. It would have been nicer to find a path there, rather than just teleport near-by.

Telos is the worst planet in the game. It has too many quests. I've played the game about 6 times now and I still get confused on some of the quests. Where are the two escaped criminals you have to find. I know you go to the surface of Telos but they're never there.

Where do you find the Fuel Source. I talk to Goto and he saids not to get fuel from the Hutts, so where am I supposed to get the fuel from?

Edited by Zaphod

Telos is the worst planet in the game. It has too many quests. I've played the game about 6 times now and I still get confused on some of the quests. Where are the two escaped criminals you have to find. I know you go to the surface of Telos but they're never there.

That bit is notably bugged. After you get the mission, you're supposed to stop by Czerka to see Lorso and find the two criminals there. During a cutscene Lorso promises them safe passage to the Surface on Telos, but when you recognize them, they escape without giving you the change to fight them. You're then supposed to go to the surface and hunt them down, only instead you can simply go back to Lt. Grenn and tell him you already hunted them down and killed them on the surface. He'll believe you and say there is evidence to support your claim :lol: and give you your reward. However, if you don't do this, they should be on Telos' surface. Otherwise they will be replaced by a group of Czerka mercenaries.

Where do you find the Fuel Source. I talk to Goto and he saids not to get fuel from the Hutts, so where am I supposed to get the fuel from?

Like other quests, such as redeeming the jedi on Dantooine, this quest suffers from cut content or just plain bugs and glitches. G0T0 always objects to getting the fuel from the Hutts, but Vogga is the only one who can provide it. This bit is frequently bugged, and I think I've only got it all to play out right once after numerous playthroughs.

Basically, start get the quest from Lt. Grenn on Telos. Once you reach Nar Shaddaa, visit Vogga. You'll find someone outside his place on the same mission, btw. Then ask Vogga about fuel for Telos. He'll tell you that he has the fuel, but that he won't ship it, because Goto is hijacking his transports. You can now make a deal with him to sell fuel to Telos, if you deal with Goto for him.

It's as this point things usually go wrong. I have this suspicion that some events related to Vogga somehow resets or lets the game "forget" that you made the deal with him.

Anyway, once you've been taken to Goto's yacht and finished that mission, you can return to Vogga. If things aren't bugged, you should be able to tell him that you've dealt with Goto for him and he now has to hold up his end of the agreement. He'll try to haggle the price for fuel up of course - he is a Hutt, after all - but you can remind him of the agreement and even get him to lower the price, if you have a high persuade skill rank. After that you return to Telos' Citadel Station and inform Lt. Grenn of the good news. But like I said, it doesn't always work. For some reason you don't always get the option to have the last conversation with Vogga, and it instead reverts to him talking about Goto hijacking his transports, even if you've already been on Goto's yacht.

Yeah, those two quests are totally messed up and most of the time players won't complete them. They aren't entirely broken, I've completed both on occasion (TG had fixes for them), but more often than not it had to do with sheer luck in talking to right people in the right order to get them sorted; a lot more complicated than they should be!

Quite frankly, I can respect what they tried to do with Peragus. Sci-fi Horror/survival is one of my favorite genres. Give it some flickering lights, and don't reveal the sith too soon, and for GOD SAKES, get rid of the engineer's model (goggles. Bright red hair. Villain? I think not), and you've got a great tutorial.

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

The problem with Peragus is that it's just such a long, long walk through the tunnels and corridors as you kill droids. There is virtually no interaction at all. Until you meet the HK unit, of course, at which point you're drowned in dialogue...

Taris at least gave you a sense of being in a place that mattered a little and was not the hind-end of space that everybody forgot about. Not that Taris doesn't have it's flaws - it's actually impossible to make the Sith troopers aware of my status as a Republic soldier, even though it's blindingly obvious and they are supposed to be actively looking for me... :*

Quite frankly, I can respect what they tried to do with Peragus. Sci-fi Horror/survival is one of my favorite genres. Give it some flickering lights, and don't reveal the sith too soon, and for GOD SAKES, get rid of the engineer's model (goggles. Bright red hair. Villain? I think not), and you've got a great tutorial.

kill the engineer model, and please get rid of the nico model on iziz