1. 1. Most hated planet(s)?

• Peragus II
    • Telos
    • Nar Shaddaa
    • Onderon
    • Korriban
    • Dantooine
    • Dxun

In KOTOR II what planet(s) do you hate the most? For any reason whether it be because you feel it has dumb or hard missions or a different reason. I personally HATE Nar Shadda. I think it was the longest out of all the planets, too many quests, etc.

You can choose one planet or multiple.

P.S Let me know if I missed any planets!

Edited by For The Republic

At first, I really hated Peragus, but after a couple play throughs it grew on me. I still depise Telos though. I felt like I would never get off the planet, and I really wanted my lightsaber!

On a side note: I LOVED Nar Shaddaa! I thought it was an awesome planet. One of my favs.

Quite frankly, I hated peragus the first time through. But then later attempts showed me what was actually happening- it was a sci-fi suspense/paranoia level. Once I realised that, it became one of my favorites.

Hated? Nar Shadaa. I loathe every time I must trudge through it...

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Out of these I like Telos the least, mostly for Citadel Station. That place bores me. I don't hate it though.

My favourite out of these is definately Nar Shaddaa, which feels so Star Wars for me.

I also like Peragus II very much, very survival horror-ish.

Um, you forgot Malachor V. So I'm not voting. :(

Malchorvfull.jpg

Sorry I said in my post to let me know if I missed any planets, and the edit button isn't available forever.

I just listed the planets I found on the Gamespot KOTOR II guide and it seems (looked fully into the guide) Malachor V isn't mentioned as a planet under the "walkthrough quick glance at planets" It is under "pursuing your destiny"

Also I don't remember going to Malachor V in the game. I haven't played it in a while and just got into it again.

Edited by For The Republic

If you want to beat the game, Malachor is a must... :(

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

I consider Citadel Station and the actual surface of Telos two different places. And while I dislike the former, nothing compares to how I feel about Nar Shaddaa. It was fun the first couple of times, but after awhile it's just become annoying. :(

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

my least favorite was peragus. i just thought it was boring and went too slow. i would have said telos as well but in my opinion it had potential, it just felt unfinished :ermm:

A certain annoying, pathetic, furry, purple dinosaur should be:

1. Held up as a loving role model for children

Telos is a bit of a snore. Malachor V is the worst one though, just a lot of boring combat sprinkled with the odd cutscene.

Nar Shadaa is a great setting for roleplaying, but it's not pulled off as well as it could be. Some of the level design is pretty bad, and it's just not as interesting as it should be somehow.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I hated peragus, too slow paced.

Didnt like Telos station either, too much walking back and forth for trivial things.

Onderon was nice, especialy the part where you storm the palace, but other than that a bit slow again.

On Malachor at least you get the chance to unleash the Force on beasts and Sith alike.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I hate Citadel Station. I love the Telos surface though... but not the research base part...

I think what I dislike most is being trapped inside, actually. I didn't like Taris either.

I do like Nar Shaddaa, though... but maybe that's just because I'm not stuck there... I know I can leave if I want to.

As always, I *adore* Dxun. Mostly for the thunderstorms though. :D

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I love that, so far, noone hates Dantooine. Go Vrook!

I love that, so far, noone hates Dantooine.

I do. It was boring going through it again and watching how everything you did in K1 mattered zippo and was turned to ashes. Oh, and it was rehashed - always a no-no.

And every bit of Malachor except for the plotted encounters sucked. Not because it looks bad, but because it's designed and plotted terribly, full of stupid storm beasts and batallions of noname, random sith lords... Except for Sion and Traya, it was a pointless, insulting hack-fest :lol:

I hate Citadel Station but enjoy the rest of Telos, so that balances out for me. Never hated Peragus, however. A little dull and too many droids, but still better than Citadel Station in my book.

Edited by Jediphile

Nar Shadaa consistently bores the heck out of me. I think it has to do with everything being very gloomy and depresing in a bad way. Not in the 'wow, this industrialised dystopian future vision is neat, let's see what else is twisted and messed up' kinda way, but rather 'oh dear, more of the same damn corridors'. The Jedi Ziz-El-Whatever looks a bit silly with the walrus beard and earings (or whatever's hanging off his face) and doesn't really convince me as a character; he's voiced by the same guy who did Jolee (i believe), which kinda 'ruins' him, by not having a more unique voice. The story-lines that relate to the droid factory are quite evident in the way some of the side-quests play out, making them appear in their (butchered) format as utterly pointless or unnecessarily complicated. Plus the speeder bike quest is busted, which was quite frustrating, despite being something that could easily have been implemented to make life easier when moving around from area to area. I can't say Goto, Mira or Hanharr are favourite party members either. Eh. Lots of running around doing boring and repetitive stuff and easily some of the worst dialog options.

Dantooine and Korriban were annoying (without warranting a vote though) primarily because they restricted access to areas you visited in K1. I would like to have revisited the former sites of the Star Maps, to see what happened to them, and I'm sure that there would be lots of interesting things in the Sith Lords Tombs; you could always bomb the hell out of the interior (to avoid giving definite answers) and populate them with rogue Jedi, Sith, Mandalorians or whatever, hiding out or looting, even if there's nothing there plot-wise to warrant their inclusion in TSL. Having some rubble blocking access to those areas seems like a very cheap cop-out and rushed game design; I mean if a Jedi can pick up an X-Wing with the force, surely another can use it to move a broken pillar blocking a doorway, right? I mean if the entrances or actual buildings had collapsed as a result of bombings or whatever, it'd make sense.

Anyway, hopefully with the recent development of custom modules, we'll be seeing many more new and familiar areas to sort that out.

Edited by refuse

...he's voiced by the same guy who did Jolee (i believe), which kinda 'ruins' him, by not having a more unique voice...

Nope that's not Kevin Michael Richardson. :( Zez-Kai Ell is voiced by the same guy that does those commericals for the U.S. Marine Corps. I don't know his name, but I recognize his voice.

The story-lines that relate to the droid factory are quite evident in the way some of the side-quests play out, making them appear in their (butchered) format as utterly pointless or unnecessarily complicated.

What do you mean? If you're talking about all the droids, then they are not related to the droid factory, they're related to Goto's true identity.

I would like to have revisited the former sites of the Star Maps, to see what happened to them...

Well the one on Dantooine was probably bombed to hell by Malak.

:)

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

If Malachor is off the table, I'm picking Onderon. The "whodunnit" quest was long and boring (it could've be interesting, but takes too long, is too tangential to my character's main goals, and involves characters who I have no reason to care about*), and storming the castle was a mindless slog of unending easy opponents. I see where they were going with the Casablanca-ish letters of transit and the Queen-General power struggle, but I don't feel like they pulled it off well enough to outweigh the planet's more tediuos elements.

*-- This last element particularly bothered me. The only reason the KotOR 1 solve-the-murder quest was interesting was because the accused was a friend of Jolee's, solving it gives us more insight into his character.

Edited by Enoch

Nope that's not Kevin Michael Richardson. :down: Zez-Kai Ell is voiced by the same guy that does those commericals for the U.S. Marine Corps. I don't know his name, but I recognize his voice.

Ah, I stand corrected and my ears were fooling me after all then! His voice does have that same deep quality though (I'm not familiar with the commercials you mention).

What do you mean? If you're talking about all the droids, then they are not related to the droid factory, they're related to Goto's true identity.

Yes, they are related to Goto's identity in TSL as it was released, but it feels like it's overly-complicated a story-line for something painfully obvious from the get-go. I suppose some of the droid-related quests would have had more significance in the cut-content relating to the droid factory. Anyway, that's the vibe I get from playing through Nar Shadaa and by no means canon opinion :)

Well the one on Dantooine was probably bombed to hell by Malak.

True, but I think the path leading to it was blocked by some of the Merc's rubbish, rather than being shown the crater or whatever is in its place. Plus, considering that the Star Maps can regenerate, they'd be pretty hard to obliterate, right?

Malachor V :thumbsup:

I always thought Korriban was a good planet (though I suppose a bit short) and never really understood why so many people dislike it in KOTOR2. The "Dagobah cave" worked well, and sneaking around the academy was pretty nice to.

Never thought of Korriban cave as Dagobah cave, huh.

Also, about Star Maps, I doubt the metal can rebuild itself, Im pretty sure it can just recover from data loss, not an orbital bombardmnet, though possible...

Twitter | @Insevin