US Presidential Elections

Gorth

i never understand why so many in here think i'm some gun-toting, hard-core, christian conservative. quite the opposite. the only things i'm die-hard about are capitalism and atheism. :rolleyes:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i never understand why so many in here think i'm some gun-toting, hard-core, christian conservative. quite the opposite. the only things i'm die-hard about are capitalism and atheism. :rolleyes:

taks

Dude, you're always against any form centralization of power (social issues and whatnot), which ironically enough, sets you in the neo-con republican-camp. That's just the atomic, subatomic and galactic structure of things today.

And on to Obama for the time being, considering his speech last night. His rhethoric heavily reminds me of Clinton's back in '92, and judging by Obama's character, they resemble each other quite alot. And by continuing with this hypothesis, if Obama gets elected in November, i can surely guarantee that most of the social programs will almost instantly go out of the window (maybe the minimum wage will be raised with 50 cents and there will be more regularatory laws passed on health-insurance), since he will, like Clinton, realizing that there's no money to do anything, and the rest of the term is spent on balancing the budget.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

oh, ^moat, recall how badly quayle got ripped to shreds in his veep "debate," yet still he got to be veep and not lloyd bentsen. ripped to shreds is an understatement, bentsen's win was considered one of the most convincing and lopsided ever.

taks

You do have a point. But at the same time Quayle's presidential nominee was a republican in a time where the dems (as far as I remember) wasn't that strong. And Dukakis made some quite horrible blunders.

You do have a point in there being very little historical precedence for VPs mattering.

Edit: I should say all this happened when I was quite young and my knowledge comes from reading up on it after.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Did i just say hot "milf"? Scrap that, i take the girl on the right.

sarah_palin_02.jpg

dude, no

just no

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Dude, you're always against any form centralization of power (social issues and whatnot), which ironically enough, sets you in the neo-con republican-camp. That's just the atomic, subatomic and galactic structure of things today.

yeah, but that all stems from an extreme capitalist view, which means very little intrusion from gov't. i also don't think the gov't should intrude on our personal lives, either. hard to fit me anywhere, really. :lol:

i can surely guarantee that most of the social programs will almost instantly go out of the window (maybe the minimum wage will be raised with 50 cents and there will be more regularatory laws passed on health-insurance), since he will, like Clinton, realizing that there's no money to do anything, and the rest of the term is spent on balancing the budget.

he wants to raise taxes, though he isn't calling it that (sorry, but a "cut" funded by "oil profits" still gets funded by the taxes we dolts pay, it just gets laundered through the oil companies before getting rebated back to us, and they simply raise their prices to offset the tax... corporate taxes are such a joke). if he gets to keep a democratic congress, it'll be no different than when bush had a republican congress, except there won't be tax cuts.

taks

I don't understand why people are so afraid of increase in taxes. We are over 9 trillion dollars in debt. We need to pay off that debt. How else are we going to pay for the expenses if we don't have an increase in taxes? Someone needs to pay it. Its not going to magically disappear.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

starvin' the beast.

Here's hoping this all turned out to be a mistake and McCain actually chose Glenn Danzig as his running mate.

Here's some help from a homeboy.

Obama, McCain and the other guys I guess (notable is the Green Party's nomination of a black woman who has picked a hip-hop historian as her running mate and holy **** the more I read the more I might have to make a thread about my new favourite presidential ticket in the history of ever).

Here are where the two majors stand on taxes, with a graph courtesy of the Washington Post.

GR2008061200193.gif

Let's read and talk! Getting informed is a blast.

Edited by Pop

You like anti-stemcell research, Pro-life, pro-creationism

from what i understand, not anti stem-cell research, but anti fetal stem-cell research. big difference.

nutjobs?! :)

while i don't agree with he positions on these issues, it hardly makes her a nutjob.

taks

I don't understand why people are so afraid of increase in taxes. We are over 9 trillion dollars in debt. We need to pay off that debt. How else are we going to pay for the expenses if we don't have an increase in taxes? Someone needs to pay it. Its not going to magically disappear.

i don't know, maybe by stopping the spending? btw, tax increases rarely increase the actual revenue. it's a feedback system, ya know.

taks

Raising taxes is the only sure way of increasing revenue.

uh, no. not true at all. bush's tax cuts are perfect example: revenues went UP from what was otherwise expected. remember, it's feedback. the tax money comes from the taxpayers. increase taxes and they spend less. they spend less and companies make less. companies make less and they slow down, hire fewer taxpayers, and dole out smaller raises. less pay means less tax to pay. it's not just my word, this has happened every time taxes were raised and/or lowered. revenues go up when taxes go down (in general, recessions, etc., can impact that).

taks

GR2008061200193.gif

This is how taxes should be. Go go Obama! It is just fair increasing taxes of very rich people

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

So 18 million people voted for Hillary, and now those votes are like gonna go to McCain because he has a female VP? I tend to think women in America don't just vote based on gender, or are they really that sexist and dumb**** they will do so?

And I guess experience issue is off the table, having experience in Alaska is like having no experience at all :(

So far from what I have heard she is awesome.

She follows a strict adherence to the core conservative Republican values.

These are the two main issues I have with her:

She is against giving qays and lesbians equal rights.

She is so Anti-Choice that she would make it illegal for women to get abortions in cases of rape and incest.

Her views on gun control is okay with me, but its not enough for me to want to vote for her.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

There's rumors flying around the net about Palin's baby.

1. When she officially announced that she was pregnant at 7 months, she even shocked her own staff, since no one saw any physical implications that she should been pregnant. Remember folks, for each pregnancy, the signs are more visible since the body becomes more inelastic. This was her fifth child. She also said that they have done tests, and that the baby suffered from down's syndrome. They decided to keep it.

2. Three and a half weeks later, while in Texas, her water broke at 4 am in the morning, but she still went on and had a speech. Later, she called her doctor, who said that it is perfectly ok for her to return to Alaska to give the birth. So, she went from Texas, landed in Seattle to switch planes, went to Anchorage and finally to her hometown, an hour by driving to deliver the kid, all in all, 11-12 hours later. Again, remember the kid was one month prematurely with down's syndrom, and the doctor still thought it was a good idea to fly home. No one on the plane saw any signs of late pregnancy.

3. Three days after the birth, she returned to office in great shape. Again, this is a kid that needs special medical and physical attention during the first days of birth.

4. Meanwhile, her eldest daughter had been away from school for 8 months because she had "mono", aka the kissing disease.

Do i need to mention that Palin is veeery Pro-life, like even if the mother is raped, abortion is still strictly verboten? This is rumor is of "Dallas"-quality.

Remember folks, this is just rumors that fly around the net. My preliminary sources are This (Scroll down to a post by a fellow named 'Christian') and the corresponding links that can be found there.

Finally, Edward's affair and kid where just rumors too :(

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think it's pretty awesome that we will either have a black president or a female VP. It's a big step for the US, and it's about time.

I think people make too big a deal about where they stand on abortion, stem-cell research, and other issues. The preident really isn't that powerful in our system. They can't do much without the House, and in the end the Supreme Court can reverse everything.

Taxation is a much bigger issue in my mind. What there plan is for the military, and how they will handle our deficit are the real key issues.

Raising taxes is the only sure way of increasing revenue.

uh, no. not true at all. bush's tax cuts are perfect example: revenues went UP from what was otherwise expected. remember, it's feedback. the tax money comes from the taxpayers. increase taxes and they spend less. they spend less and companies make less. companies make less and they slow down, hire fewer taxpayers, and dole out smaller raises. less pay means less tax to pay. it's not just my word, this has happened every time taxes were raised and/or lowered. revenues go up when taxes go down (in general, recessions, etc., can impact that).

Sure, there is a feedback cycle between tax rates, economic activity, and eventual tax income, but it's not nearly as significant as the "dynamic scoring" advocates on the right would have us believe. The feedback cycle reduces the effect by a small percentage, but that is only if the tax cuts are paired with similar-sized reductions in government spending (otherwise, increase gov't borrowing increases costs for private borrowers and thus slows economic growth), and even then it doesn't come close to washing out the full effect.

In general, when taxes go up, gov't revenues go up. When taxes go down, gov't revenues go down.

Edited by Enoch

McPain just after disgruntled Hilary Voters. This ladies experience as Governor of 9000 people and Mayor is pathetic. Why put her next in line to be president if McCain wins? Yea lets do wildlife alasakan drilling and build bridges to nowhere, salmon ya, hunting for sport ya, lets kill bears and put them on our couches!

Any prochoice woman that sees this girl wont even allow abortion for rape or incest will be turned off. Any person that sees education as important wont allow palin in because she wants Craetionism in the classroom. Mccain talks experience, well why did he pick her then, it goes against his own rationale.

Mccains move to put Palin as VP is political pandering. Desperate to get those ex hillary voters. Any rationale woman who was going to vote hillary will not vote for McCain if they look at this womans stance, and experience.

On a side note, i give palin credit for standing up to her follow republicans, and looking at what the democrats have to offer. And i would do her if she was 20 years younger.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig