US Presidential Elections

Gorth

Appeasement never works, but neither does being an overbearing warmongering jackass.

Nicely put. Both points are illustrated by the Iraq war.

1. Appeasement never works. The Iraqis tried to satisfy the UN Security Council & US by disarming. The US and UN Security Council after confirming that there could not be found any evidence of WMD in Iraq - promptly attacked. Appeasement never works.

2. Being an overbearing warmongering jackass never works. The US and UN Security Council attacked Iraq and prompty won the war. Instead of leaving after no WMD could be found we stayed since there were people who didn't want us in Iraq in Iraq. Lots of people have died and now there are still people who don't want us in Iraq in Iraq. We can't figure out how to wave bye bye with honor and some say we may be stuck in Iraq for a 100 years. Being an overbearing warmongering jackass never works.

Heh.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Appeasement never works, but neither does being an overbearing warmongering jackass.

Nicely put. Both points are illustrated by the Iraq war.

1. Appeasement never works. The Iraqis tried to satisfy the UN Security Council & US by disarming. The US and UN Security Council after confirming that there could not be found any evidence of WMD in Iraq - promptly attacked. Appeasement never works.

2. Being an overbearing warmongering jackass never works. The US and UN Security Council attacked Iraq and prompty won the war. Instead of leaving after no WMD could be found we stayed since there were people who didn't want us in Iraq in Iraq. Lots of people have died and now there are still people who don't want us in Iraq in Iraq. We can't figure out how to wave bye bye with honor and some say we may be stuck in Iraq for a 100 years. Being an overbearing warmongering jackass never works.

Heh.

Hoho. I'm not sure if i agree with your line of thought, but still, nicely put there.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Clarity and brevity are always to be applauded.

1. It was the tone of appeasement which caused Iraq to invade Kuwait in the first place. I would also draw your attention to China. Far from seeing reform in th e wake of teh Olympics grant, they've been cracking down more than ever.

2. If you think Iraq is a 100 year quagmire then you're not paying any damned attention to the news. Violence is way down. However, this still supports the idea, since the violence is down after the people of Iraq got sick of jifascist foreigners pushing them around and slaughtering anyone who looked at them funny. Currrent score: a fledgling democracy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...
XD

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

so guyz I herd McCain now leads 46 % to 41 % against Obama lol

HOW THE **** YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

That's one poll result, and so far it looks like an outlier. But the race does seem to have tightened up.

Anyhow, the national poll numbers don't tell you much at all. To really understand the race, you've got to look at the numbers on a state-by-state basis. I like http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/ for this.

I like how the republicans solely rely on bashing Obama with completely bogus arguments.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I like how the republicans solely rely on bashing Obama with completely bogus arguments.

that's how all politicians operate, hardly a surprise. besides, your opinion of what constitutes "bogus" is highly biased by your own beliefs, not unlike those that are supposedly "bashing" obabma.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

that's how all politicians operate, hardly a surprise. besides, your opinion of what constitutes "bogus" is highly biased by your own beliefs, not unlike those that are supposedly "bashing" obabma.

taks

Of course it is. But, hey, I'm canadian, so my opinion doesn't count. :)

But there are some ridiculous arguments... "Obama Bin Laden" for example.

With 10 different polling companies doing 10 different sets of questions with 10 different points on random 1000 people representing a million people from atleast 10 different backgrounds, cultures, religions and languages, then you can expect polls to fluctuate a bit.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Now McCain had an attempt of an assassination on his life, suspicious threatening letter with white powder? :p

Like, yeah yeah, look American people, I'm the right guy to be president, that is why evil doers who hate the American way life, freedom, democracy and Labradors want me dead, *george bush smirk* :*

Like, yeah yeah, look American people, I'm the right guy to be president, that is why evil doers who hate the American way life, freedom, democracy and LABOURERS want me dead, *george bush smirk* :)

fixed for accuracy

becauce we damn well know this is act of terrorism by evil far left propagandaists and dirty communists who wan't to steal our monies with taxes!

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Death threats are standard for practically all White House campaigners. Just look how often attempts happen. It seems a serious stretch to imply a conspiracy when none is necessary.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

it was the communists I tell you!

With 10 different polling companies doing 10 different sets of questions with 10 different points on random 1000 people representing a million people from atleast 10 different backgrounds, cultures, religions and languages, then you can expect polls to fluctuate a bit.

I like this one.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

it was the communists I tell you!

Pfah, itr was the undergroud lizard people. And the fact I have no evidence merely proves the control they have over the media.

-Elwood Blues

Who would plagiarise Neil Kinnock? Silly sod.

-Elwood Blues

Always puzzled me how such high-profile people think they can get away with plaigiarising other high-profile people. Either these folks are a lot sillier than we give them credit for, or it works a lot more often than we think.

You know, considering ~10% of America still believes Obama to be Muslim, it's clear that we have the fiersome Muslim-Catholic Alliance on one ticket!

DENVER - At the first official event Sunday of the Democratic National Convention, a choir belted out a gospel song and was followed by a rabbi reciting a Torah reading about forgiveness

Helen Prejean, the Catholic nun who wrote "Dead Man Walking," assailed the death penalty and the use of torture.

Young Muslim women in headscarves sat near older African-American women in their finest Sunday hats.

Four years ago, such a scene would have been unthinkable at a Democratic National Convention. In 2004, there was one interfaith lunch at the Democratic gala in Boston.

But that same year, "values voters" helped re-elect President Bush, giving Democrats of faith the opening they needed to make party leaders listen to them.

The result was on display at Sunday's interfaith service, staged in a theater inside the Colorado Convention Center, and will be evident throughout the convention agenda and on the sidelines.

There will be four "faith caucus" meetings, blessings to open and close each night, and panels and parties run by Democratic-leaning religious advocacy groups that didn't even exist in 2004

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

DENVER - At the first official event Sunday of the Democratic National Convention, a choir belted out a gospel song and was followed by a rabbi reciting a Torah reading about forgiveness

Helen Prejean, the Catholic nun who wrote "Dead Man Walking," assailed the death penalty and the use of torture.

Young Muslim women in headscarves sat near older African-American women in their finest Sunday hats.

Four years ago, such a scene would have been unthinkable at a Democratic National Convention. In 2004, there was one interfaith lunch at the Democratic gala in Boston.

But that same year, "values voters" helped re-elect President Bush, giving Democrats of faith the opening they needed to make party leaders listen to them.

The result was on display at Sunday's interfaith service, staged in a theater inside the Colorado Convention Center, and will be evident throughout the convention agenda and on the sidelines.

There will be four "faith caucus" meetings, blessings to open and close each night, and panels and parties run by Democratic-leaning religious advocacy groups that didn't even exist in 2004

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy