US Presidential Elections

Gorth

I guess there is a certain irony in the way Guard Dog started this threads predecessor:

Our last thread on this subject is past it's expiration date and was a little derailed anyway. I was partly to blame for that I must admit. So, here is where we stand:

Democrats:

Hillary Clinton: 1016 Delegates

Barack Obama: 1158 Delegates

First one to 2025 secures the nomination

There are some 800 Superdelegates that will make their choices at or before the convention. As it stands Clinton has 234, Obama has 161. The Supers are under no obligation to follow the results of the election

Republicans

John McCain: 918 Delegates

Mike Huckabee: 214 Delegates

First one to 1191 secures the nomination. The Republican Party does not use superdelegates and the nominee must be elected by voters.

Thread found here: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=48997

It was getting a bit long and off topic anyway...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can't wait until i see what kind of "swift-boating" will be pulled against the democratic candidate this time. Maybe they will retaliate? That would be fun. I expect the candidates to spend 90% of their time debating on issues that doesn't directly affect the average american. Slogans and buzzwords will be held, guilt-by-association and nonsensical lambasting will be thrown left and right, and nothing really will change since all the main candidates are from the establishment. Simply Status Quo folks.

America rolls on, business as usual. Oil will remain expensive, Obsidian will release more games, Bokishi will buy the best computer equipment and Guard Dog will have some puppies to take care of.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I can't wait until i see what kind of "swift-boating" will be pulled against the democratic candidate this time. Maybe they will retaliate? That would be fun. I expect the candidates to spend 90% of their time debating on issues that doesn't directly affect the average american. Slogans and buzzwords will be held, guilt-by-association and nonsensical lambasting will be thrown left and right, and nothing really will change since all the main candidates are from the establishment. Simply Status Quo folks.

America rolls on, business as usual. Oil will remain expensive, Obsidian will release more games, Bokishi will buy the best computer equipment and Guard Dog will have some puppies to take care of.

You are a wise man Mes. I have been saying that but I don't think anyone believes. If Obama wins and takes office in Jan 2009 by Jan 2010 you will barely notice any real changes in the US.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

@Gorth: I'll try to stay on course this time.

----------------

What I want to know is why does McCain repeat almost word for word about Iran the pattern of lies and threats they used to justify the war against Iraq. Isn't it true that US intelligence agencies have said that Iran have given up the pursuit of a nuclear weapon? But Bush makes speeches as if he

coexistreflection.gif

The prez can set the agenda with regards to official foreign policy, and usually gets one or two bills passed during the 'honeymoon' period just after taking office. As regards legislation and interior politics he can be rendered completely impotent by congress, as happened with Clinton.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

For a second, thought that i watched a real advertisment.

Still funny though, make sure to watch all of it, it pokes fun of the these kinds of ads being beyond silly.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

----------------

What I want to know is why does McCain repeat almost word for word about Iran the pattern of lies and threats they used to justify the war against Iraq. Isn't it true that US intelligence agencies have said that Iran have given up the pursuit of a nuclear weapon? But Bush makes speeches as if he

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

In case you guys missed it, it is now official. Obama has hit the magic number of 2118 delegates and is the nominee of the Democrat party for President. Hillary Clinton is still refusing to conceede but that would be like the Patriots refusing to admit the Giants won the Super Bowl after the game ended. Anywho I'm working on my official handicap of the general election for Liberty Post. I'll post it here tomorrow and see what you guys think.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/03/ele...rats/index.html

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Fudge yeah.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finally.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

----------------

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

In case you guys missed it, it is now official. Obama has hit the magic number of 2118 delegates and is the nominee of the Democrat party for President.

Thank goodness for that.:(

Now all we have to do is wait five months until the election. >_<

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

If Obama is elected president he will be assassinated by the same 'people' who killed the Kennedy's.

Who?!

The Texas oilmen? The Mafia? The CIA? The FBI? The Dallas homicide squad? The Rockefellers & Rothschilds? The 13 overlord families? The zionists? The military industrial complex? The freemasons? The Illuminati? The Brandenburg group? The guys and gals at the Bohemian Grove?

Who?!

Anyhoo, it's good that that chapter is finally over. If Obama becomes the next president, he will have a lot of weight on his shoulders. As Gravel said: "A politician who rides on the promise of hope by the youth and ultimetely fails, will commit the worst sin a politician can do. He or she will create a generation of cynics"

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

As Gravel said: "A politician who rides on the promise of hope by the youth and ultimetely fails, will commit the worst sin a politician can do. He or she will create a generation of cynics"

Wise words.

I still weep over Gravel never had a spot as the democratic candidate :)

The man supports the free market on every front (except healthcare and education) and has a "live and let live"-attitude in social issues. I really like his "national initiative", but that's on a idealistic level.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Well, according to Red Dwarf, JFK shot JFK.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The Texas oilmen? The Mafia? The CIA? The FBI? The Dallas homicide squad? The Rockefellers & Rothschilds? The 13 overlord families? The zionists? The military industrial complex? The freemasons? The Illuminati? The Brandenburg group? The guys and gals at the Bohemian Grove?

The Oswald family of course :o

He forgot the Communists.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Time to vote Republican.

If Obama is elected president he will be assassinated by the same 'people' who killed the Kennedy's.

Nah. He'll be taken out by white supremists. But maybe the CIA will contact the Mafia to take him out like they did with King.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

As Gravel said: "A politician who rides on the promise of hope by the youth and ultimetely fails, will commit the worst sin a politician can do. He or she will create a generation of cynics"

Wise words.

We're living in an era of cynicism right now, it oft seems.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta