So are you going to buy Mass Effect PC ?

Will you buy it?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Mass Effect PC

• Yes, Ill probably get it
    • Yes, Ill get it even though Ive already got it for the 360
    • No, Im not interested
    • No, Ive already got the 360 version
    • No, my PC isnt good enough
    • No, I cant afford it
    • No, I will download a pirated copy for free

But you just told us it will starforce instead. How is that a drm-free version? If anything, starforce is *more* draconian.

Not really anymore, at least not as a deterrent to pirates. Starforce used to be really hard to crack (didn't prevent clones from popping up though), but once it was beaten it was beaten. Afaik Starforce game (what few there are) are cracked very easily these days.

Besides, does it really matter what drm is used in Russia or when the game is released in Asia? The scene will crack the english version, so the other releases are fairly non-significant as far as international piracy goes. The Asian piracy-market is another beast altogether. There the problem isn't as much with copies on the internet as much as DVD:s being sold on the corner of every street for virtually no money very soon after release. At least that's the picture I have, I could be wrong though.

JE is better than KOTOR

Really? I keep hearing the opposite. Supposedly JE is fun romp but not up to standard.

Yeah, it depends on who you ask. I liked the combat system, but it got a bit boring in the end. Especially the metamorphosis styles (whatever the name is) are kind of overpowered. I didn't even use the one that people complained so much about on the X-box. But maybe the PC exlusive ones were also considered overpowered? I only ever used the one that turned you inte a flaming beast, and that one was pretty strong. It was more fun to just jump around with tiger claws.

The writing, on the other hand, is pretty bad. The companions are bland and uninteresting and the story is fairly obvious where it's heading. Also, the companions are horribly overwritten. It seems like the developers thought that if they just tlak in long enough sentences at a time, no one will care about the quality of the writing. KotOR has JE beat hands down when it comes to companions, and I suppose the story quality is fairly equal between the two. JE wins on game mechanics though, but loses in character customization (levelling up was a pretty boring affair).

I played KotOR twice, but the mere thought of having to go through all that chatter with the companions again makes me not want to replay JE anytime soon, if ever.

Actually, you are wrong. ME isn't completely black and white unlike the KOTORs (both of them) for the most part.

ME,a nd JE are way better than both of the KOTORs. Better characters, stories, role-playing, dialogue, quests, combat, graphics, etc., etc. No contest.

Who are you referring to? I already said that it was good that Bioware took away the light/dark-side from ME.

And of course, i will disagree with you on the rest, just as usual :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just got ME PC in the mail. And I was all happy and excited (although I've already played the hell outta the xbox version). Then I noticed this: smack on the cover it says, EA (which was NOT on my xbox game), and INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR GAMEPLAY. So I remember, and I think RETARDED. There go my happy feelings... :thumbsup:

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Disney; enslaving your kids in our factories and raping your stories since 1923

Actually, you are wrong. ME isn't completely black and white unlike the KOTORs (both of them) for the most part.

ME,a nd JE are way better than both of the KOTORs. Better characters, stories, role-playing, dialogue, quests, combat, graphics, etc., etc. No contest.

argh, goddamn Vologic

K2 isn't black & white, it has ten times better and more complex characters than "hi I'm caricature" of Jade Empire. You can't even compare horrendous dialogues from Jade Empire to Kotor 2 ones nor can you quests. Only things you got right are graphics and combat - which sucked hard in JE too

Don't know about Mass Effect but that was just ridiculous. But well, what can I except from a guy who goes "games can't be art because games are ment to be fun and art = not fun" :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I played Canada in HoI2 and took over portugal.

Take THAT Pidesco.

Good choice of thread. :thumbsup:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Whois16.gif

Haw haw!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Why bring KotOR 2 into this. I though we are discussing Bioware games, not Obsidian's. Soon I will be installing MEPC... Just as soon as I finish up downloding and installing drivers for my new video card.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Why bring KotOR 2 into this. I though we are discussing Bioware games, not Obsidian's. Soon I will be installing MEPC... Just as soon as I finish up downloding and installing drivers for my new video card.

Ask Volly

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Yes Sand, we know you had to buy MEPC.

Bio fanboy....

I freely admit that I am one sad Bio-Fanboy. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step so they say, but is it that much of a problem?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"You can't even compare horrendous dialogues from Jade Empire to Kotor 2 ones nor can you quests."

Um. JE is better in pretty much aspects espicially dialogue and quests.

P.S. I only mention KOTOR2 because someone else claimed that the KOTORs were superior to JE 9and ME). This simply isn't true. Thankfully, I won't have any problems with MEPC since I don't buy games I alreayd own. Just sayin'.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"You can't even compare horrendous dialogues from Jade Empire to Kotor 2 ones nor can you quests."

Um. JE is better in pretty much aspects espicially dialogue and quests.

Even you don't believe that, right?

Anyone with common sense belives that... right?

All I see in Jade Empire's dialogue are typical, clumsy kunfu filmesque writing with worn out descriptions and sometimes silly pathos. It is like badly handed homage bordering parody occasionally. Heck, even KotOR I had better.

At best JE's dialogues were average, but dialogue options themselves were always absolutely horrendous. Don't get me wrong - its still better than 90 % of games out there which is rather sad - it's ok enough but it has no brilliance.

Kreia alone is better than all writing in JE combined.

And from what I've heard Bio hasn't made any progress in ME in that department, in fact NPC's sound boring - at least Jade Empire had that demon possessed girl which was great and Your Random Amazon Woman 1902 Silk Fox

Edited by Xard

Don't get me started on Kreia... good character/villain ultimately undone by baloney..

The dialogue options in JE are supeiror to either KOTOR. Multiple solutions, logical ones, and not just black and white.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The dialogue options in JE are supeiror to either KOTOR. Multiple solutions, logical ones, and not just black and white.

Oh yeah, especially in the last half of the game, huh? BS.

And why bother? Just max out the Jade Golem and trample everything in sight. No need for dialogue trees.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You know, this actually doesn't have to be as bad a limitation as it sounds.

There's the Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 512 MB GDDR3 RAM...

I just thought this was funny since we discussed it just ONE DAY before the article appeared!

Tom's Hardware tests the Radeon 3850 512MB on a single core CPU:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ati-ag...0-agp,1939.html

It does very well!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Don't bother Xard.

Let's put it like this:

- Random evil guy 1: Muahahaa! Kill everyone who is against me, and enslave some others, i will take over the galaxy, just because!

- Random evil guy 2: [insert philosophical ramblings about transhumanism and the nature of man, on why some men have to die and some have to live at any cost, according to his/hers worldview, the end justifies the means, and he/she will challenge the main character to justify his/her actions on whether they are as good, practical or evil as they seem to be as well. And there's also an interesting background on how the bad guy came to these ideas, may it be society or karma]

- Normal person: "That Random Evil Guy 2 sure was interesting, he was wacky, and sure had me going. It was also interesting to have to carefully consider ones options on how to deal with him/her and blablabla...."

- Volourn: "Nonsense, he was just evil and overated, there was nothing deep in that ****"

This is just the tip of the iceberg, i have given up long ago. I just disagree in gentle manner :)

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

kiitos :)

(You forgot "pretentious" from "evil and overrated")

Anyway, back on topic...

edit: over, not onver...

Edited by Xard