So are you going to buy Mass Effect PC ?

Will you buy it?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Mass Effect PC

• Yes, Ill probably get it
    • Yes, Ill get it even though Ive already got it for the 360
    • No, Im not interested
    • No, Ive already got the 360 version
    • No, my PC isnt good enough
    • No, I cant afford it
    • No, I will download a pirated copy for free

All I got was a bunch of torrents.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Moatialliatta, I would be silent about this

You don't (as being american) don't understand just how bad dub can rape product. Be it movie, game or whatever

:sorcerer:

*Looks out the window* Nope, not yet at least.

@Morgoth

How different is Piranha Byte games in the german and english translations?

@SteveThaiBinh

Have you checked out the rules of using EA store? I personally find them horrible.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

...I prefer English for a American/Canadian product, so that wit and meaning can't get lost through a possible sloppy translation.

Edit: Same vice versa. I wouldn't want to play a Piranha Bytes game in English.

Witty germans? Tee-hee *giggles*

...and Gothic2 is poo :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"How different is Piranha Byte games in the german and english translations?"

How would I know? I only know the German version, which is...fitting, considering the fine setting and people. But I heard a lot of our non-Jerry-speaking friends complaining about bad English dubs, and often compared the two demo versions with the conclusion that the German version sounds better.

...I prefer English for a American/Canadian product, so that wit and meaning can't get lost through a possible sloppy translation.

Edit: Same vice versa. I wouldn't want to play a Piranha Bytes game in English.

Witty germans? Tee-hee *giggles*

...and Gothic2 is poo :D

Well I didn't directly say that the Gothic series is "witty". It has other nice qualities though, like...cursing.

Edited by Morgoth

Gothic 2's English dubs were pretty bad...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Personally, I'm a fan of subtitles. In my experience, VO is generally awful, and only fit for kids who can't read.

Huh? I've personally found that many game voice actors are extremely skilled. Sure you haven't just been playing awfull games?

I'm buying it a few days after it hits.

Like Xard said, I was actually talking about dubs, not original work.

In that case the entire idea of localization is only fit for people who won't realize that their languages are clinically dead. Subtitles are for children and womenfolk.

I too can be mightily elitist about this.

Try harder, that didn't even make sense in the context of the original post.

On topic, where's "Bargain bin at 9,95

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I chose the "pirate the game" option because it was there. I have no clue as to how I will react once the game finally reaches the stores. Will my starvation for a new RPG overcome my unwillingness to bend over to their DRM schemes? I don't know.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

@SteveThaiBinh

Have you checked out the rules of using EA store? I personally find them horrible.

I find them pretty revolting too. I believe that when you buy a game for download, you should be entitled to as many re-downloads as you need without restriction. Alas, I don't think I can wait for it to appear in the shops 2-3 months after release.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Ill get around to buying later on. Looks like a fun enough game, and they made one of my favorite games ever, Ill support one my my favorite devs. I do despise DRM though. Its evil, but Id rather have the DRM and Bioware then no DRM and no BIOWARE. maybe it will die out a bit. The music industry seems like its catching on finally. Maybe the PC game market will find an equilibrium with their customers and drm.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I already have the XBox 360 version and I hate the copy protection so I am not going to buy the PC version. :lol:

:lol:

REALLY! :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

After playing Obsidian's good story RPG games, I'm resisting the urge to buy M.E straight away as its from Bioware. We'll see though since lately there's been a drought for RPG games and I might give in into an unexpected urge.

In addition, its a concern that according to Kotaku M.E for PC requires an uber computerwith mighty specs to run nicely.

Edited by Zoma

Someday we'll reach a pont where system requirements stop advancing and we can just make and play games that look fine and always run, where the technology is simply a given and developers no longer have to concentrate on developing cutting edge egines that wil be obsolete in a year, but can just focus on making the game instead. It will be a great day when that happens and we can put all this technology stuff behind us.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

^ The flaw in that logic is no DRM wouldn't mean no Bioware.

I see your point and its valid. My point was that if nobody bought there games they would cease to exist. But if we buy their games they can continue, therefore Ill support them even though they use DRM.

Will they ever go to STEAM? I love steam :)

Myspace Website!

My rig

Someday we'll reach a pont where system requirements stop advancing and we can just make and play games that look fine and always run, where the technology is simply a given and developers no longer have to concentrate on developing cutting edge egines that wil be obsolete in a year, but can just focus on making the game instead. It will be a great day when that happens and we can put all this technology stuff behind us.

I think we're already at some point there. I remeber back, like 99, 00, 01, 02....oh boy, everytime there was a new game with a new engine that required newer hardware. But since the advent of the next-gen consoles, this has somewhat tempered down. I can't remebmer (except Crysis maybe) a game now that has significantly higher system spect than games 2 or 3 years ago. You always read the same: "2,4 Ghz P4, 1-2 Gig RAM, 256MB DX9 Gfx card". Same as a few years ago, and it still holds for today. Also, there's UnrealTech, which will be used many many years still. If you can run GoW, you pretty much should be able to run any UE3 game for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Morgoth

That would be a bummer. Steam always seems to have a fair deal on games. I bought Prey for $5 bucks awhile ago on STEAM not to shabby, and after playing it i believe it was completely worth the $5 bucks i paid for it :) Duke Nukem I hope will be better then Prey...

Well I'll wait on Mass Effect to see if its buggy and needs to be patched, and if not Ill pick it up. If STEAM is a choice then that will be my first choice.

Was jade empire worth playing?

Myspace Website!

My rig

Oddly enough, I answered four things.

Yes, Ill probably get it

No, my PC isnt good enough

No, I cant afford it

No, I will download a pirated copy for free

Right now, my PC isn't good enough and I can't afford to just buy games I haven't played myself. So I will probably upgrade my PC (which will happen anyway), get a pirated copy to try it out (unless they bring out a demo) and if I like it, I'll buy it.

This approach has worked out so far.

Was jade empire worth playing?

Depends on who you are. :) Sand seemed to praise it highly.

Personally I find the combat to be somewhat interesting for a while and most of the NPCs and the story to be below Bioware's ussual relative competency. It's relatively cheap on steam and while it's a bit short it could very well be worth buying, I haven't regretted it yet.

At the same time it is the only Bioware game which I haven't cared to replay as it just isn't that interesting.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Mass Effect won't be on Steam for any forseeable future. Jade Empire was released under Bioware, but EA hasn't put anything out over Steam. It was speculated that this is because EA is wanting to build their own DD store. I don't know how well that's working out for them.

On a somewhat related note, Atari was supposed to put out a larger catalog over Steam not too long ago (perhaps a month or two). Many had hoped Neverwinter Nights 2 would be included. But it's yet to show up.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."