KOTOR II messes up screen resolution? Color?

So i installed KOTOR II a few weeks ago and notice that every time I load the game my screen flashes a lighter color before the game runs/loads. I don't think much of it, but whenever i exit the game i notice my screen resolution looks different. The contrast and colors seem to be a bit more dim and it doesn't seem to revert back to normal. (Or it takes a long time I haven't waited long enough to see) It is a bit hard to explain so i hope someone understands. Is it supposed to do this, why so?

By the way the only way that I know of how to fix this is if I run Guild Wars. It kinda flashes back to normal once I exit out of Guild Wars.

P.S Is it normal for the game to crash sometimes? (I get the windows error report message)

Edited by For The Republic

It happened also to me, the screen becomes brighter when I play KOTOR.

But when I close the game it goes back to normal, except if the game crashes, in that case

it reamains brighter until a restart or until I start the game again and close it.

Hope it helps

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

It happened also to me, the screen becomes brighter when I play KOTOR.

But when I close the game it goes back to normal, except if the game crashes, in that case

it reamains brighter until a restart or until I start the game again and close it.

Hope it helps

Well at least I know it is supposed to do that at the beginning, but it doesn't revert back to normal once I exit the game.

This happens to me occasionaly, mostly as DSLuke says, when the game crashes. I just re-start my laptop when it bothers me. =]

As far as the crashing goes, it's never a really big deal, I just learned long ago to save a LOT. My new set-up has nowhere NEAR the problems my old one did. I crashed nearly everytime I hit a loading screen...

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

This happens to me occasionaly, mostly as DSLuke says, when the game crashes. I just re-start my laptop when it bothers me. :sorcerer:

As far as the crashing goes, it's never a really big deal, I just learned long ago to save a LOT. My new set-up has nowhere NEAR the problems my old one did. I crashed nearly everytime I hit a loading screen...

Oh-see the color/brightness doesn't revert back (as i said in my post) even if the game does not crash. That is why I want to know if anyone can tell me possible reasons why it is doing this and how I can fix it.

By the way I have a ATI Radeon X300 graphics card if that helps

Edited by For The Republic

I have a radeon x600pro... my trouble is that the screen gets *darker* in game... Not always... just sometimes if i change screen or enter a new area and I have to manually adjust the brightness slider to be able to see again. Then move it back where it just was. Odd.