Champion's League final

Walsingham

I'm not a fan of either side but some observations from the match, as watched in the pub

1. the referee and linesmen made some very dubious decisions against Chelsea. 90% of calls went against.

2. I refuse to accept a 16 year old ManU fan, 300 miles south of Manchester has any right to dance about.

3. I despise 90% of ManU fans on grounds of lightweight high octane smugness.

4. I entirely agee with supporting your club 100%. I don't agree with carpetbagging fans.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*shrug* I'm an Arsenal fan but I was gunning for United, I just think the most entertaining team should get the trophy. And United were definitely more entertaining until Lampard's equaliser, after which I fell asleep (it wasn't that entertaining after 4 hours of sleep).

Heard about the shootout after. Pretty hilarious that Ronaldo can score 42 goals then miss one penalty, but that's another very successful season for United and I'm sure they're happy (happy enough to cry, hah).

A pity you missed the extra time, it was pretty good, up until the point when players started to fall all over the place with pains and aches, and then started fighting.

And Shevchenko not coming out for the penalties was pretty stupid, even more after Drogba got himself red-carded.

Edited by random n00b

My students all supported Manchester United, and when I asked them why (it's usually much more mixed than that), they said it's because there's an Israeli player in the Chelsea team. It's not really something you can comment on openly here, so I tried to look suitably disgusted with their attitude, made a point of saying that I was supporting Chelsea, and then moved on with the lesson. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

:) Well, all my Korean friends support Manchester United because Park plays there - you can't get away from that, I suppose.

Park is a complete hero. Gutted he didn't even make the bench and Silvestre did. He's so much more deserving of the medal.

Drogba lightly slapped Vidic in a big argument over a throw in two minutes from the end. It would have been hilarious at the time if I hadn't have been so nervous about the imminent penalty shoot-out.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Daaaamn... I missed the Champions League Final match... Couldn't be helped I suppose since it's being broadcast at 2.30 AM in the frickin morning... but Man Utd was victorious so it's all good I guess.

Oh and John Terry's my new hero! :)

--------

@SteveThaiBinh

there's an Israeli player in the Chelsea team

They also have an Israeli manager.

Edited by Yuusha
coexistreflection.gif

Excellent game actually, i would've expected less from a final with these two teams though. Of some reason, most i remember from the game was Terry crying :shifty:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I FORGOT :shifty::teehee:;(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Park is a complete hero. Gutted he didn't even make the bench and Silvestre did. He's so much more deserving of the medal.

Not the most gifted player, but I agree that it's a pity he didn't get to play after helping United so much in the last few months. But then, Ferguson can be absolutely ruthless - one of his key weapons, really.

Footballers seriously need to get over this new metrosexual soap drama stuff - Ronaldo cries every other game and suddenly all these 'big tough' British folks are breaking down, too.

Not the most gifted player, but I agree that it's a pity he didn't get to play after helping United so much in the last few months. But then, Ferguson can be absolutely ruthless - one of his key weapons, really.

Footballers seriously need to get over this new metrosexual soap drama stuff - Ronaldo cries every other game and suddenly all these 'big tough' British folks are breaking down, too.

Shame on you for perpetuating the myth of emotional dullnes of men... if a guys fecks up at arguably one of the most significant moments of his life/carrer I`d say hes entiteled to squirt a few.

That being said, seeing JT park his arse on the grass brought a big fat grin on my face. Couldn`t happen to a "nicer" guy, really. :shifty:

Edited by Brdavs

I'm not necroposting, it's still on the first page!

Yeah, I'm the furthest there can be from embracing the 'tough guy' image, but it feels a lot like how 'crying' and being 'sensitive' is the new fad now. I don't mind sincere emotion, but you can only look at Ronaldo cry at EVERY happy and sad event in football so many times without being jaded.

John Terry is a very gifted defender, but he sets a bad example for footballers everywhere by intimidating and shouting at referees every time.

1. the referee and linesmen made some very dubious decisions against Chelsea. 90% of calls went against.

Does that mean you agree? I'm fairly sure someone must have collected stats on it. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Happens all the time, really. Last year between AC Milan and Liverpool I think there was something, but I forget; and the year before, Barcelona vs Arsenal, the goalkeeper was sent off and the goal cancelled when it should have been the other way round, and then the ref fell for a blatant dive, which resulted in a goal.

I'm surprised Josh hasn't commented on this yet.

I'm not necroposting, it's still on the first page!

Yeah, I'm the furthest there can be from embracing the 'tough guy' image, but it feels a lot like how 'crying' and being 'sensitive' is the new fad now. I don't mind sincere emotion, but you can only look at Ronaldo cry at EVERY happy and sad event in football so many times without being jaded.

Um. I don't remember pro footballers crying so much say, ten years ago. So, yeah. Definitely a fad.

Happens all the time, really. Last year between AC Milan and Liverpool I think there was something, but I forget; and the year before, Barcelona vs Arsenal, the goalkeeper was sent off and the goal cancelled when it should have been the other way round, and then the ref fell for a blatant dive, which resulted in a goal.
Refs answer to no-one and 99% of their decisions are final (100% in-game). That and the FIFA refusal to adopt new technologies to reduce human error ensures that we'll have dive artists for years to come.

I FORGOT :sweat:;( ;(

See if you can get your hands on a recording or catch a rebroadcast, it was a good match - although I am sad to say that

I also forgot, and thus missed the first few minutes. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

That and the FIFA refusal to adopt new technologies to reduce human error ensures that we'll have dive artists for years to come.

One of the great things about football, soccer for those of you in the states who do not use the proper name, is the fact that it does not have the endless stoppages after every call. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Definitely, but the '4th official' in big matches already have access to TV replays, I don't see how it's bad to use them for very few important decisions (like did the ball go over the line?). They already waste that much time and stoppage thinking about it and with the players arguing.

If, like rugby, the refs had the right to send off any player that didn't shut up or touched the ref at all, then it'd be fine. (Except John Terry and Wayne Rooney would be sent off all year..)