New TV recommendations needed.....

roshan

Abrams is probably better off leaving a project after the first year or two. X-Files went downhill in the last few seasons, Alias supposedly did as well (I never watched, just going off rumor.) Meanwhile, LOST is going great without him.

Abrams had no involvement with X-Files (that I can find at least). The only reason he was brought up in regards to it is because his new show looks like a ripoff.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Abrams is probably better off leaving a project after the first year or two. X-Files went downhill in the last few seasons, Alias supposedly did as well (I never watched, just going off rumor.) Meanwhile, LOST is going great without him.

Abrams had no involvement with X-Files (that I can find at least). The only reason he was brought up in regards to it is because his new show looks like a ripoff.

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood.

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood.

Is okay!

I took the same meaning from it that you did. I just had to check because I never heard of him being involved in X-Files. Then I figured it out.

Abrams is doing a new show. I'm sure it'll be great, but I'm so much more excited about Joss Whedon's new show. Dollhouse, starring Eliza Dushku.

Whatever people may think about Buffy, at least we can all agree that Firefly was brilliant? Right?

We can also all agree that Eliza Dushku is hot. If a tad bit batty.

• 2 weeks later...
I started watching Dexter, and I'm halfway the first season

so far Dexter's own story is awesome, but I don't care that much for the other characters

Dokes is awesome.

I finished the wire. First season awesome, then sucked a little bit then progressively got slightly better until season 5 which totally was a waste of time and sucked. Overall 7.49/10.

Started Jericho but it's pretty lame. Character's are seriously retarded. Example: Multiple nuclear explosions around the U.S. and a lady is vacuuming the living room like their entire way of life isn't hanging in the balance. The script and subplots aren't that great either so I'm not going to continue unless someone has good reason to say otherwise.

Edit: Wiki'd and found that the show was cut off in the second season since it got poor reviews throughout both seasons. Yeah nevermind, not going to watch it either way.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

so far Dexter's own story is awesome, but I don't care that much for the other characters

Dokes is awesome.

I finished the wire. First season awesome, then sucked a little bit then progressively got slightly better until season 5 which totally was a waste of time and sucked. Overall 7.49/10

:o You sir, have no taste.

There is no bad season of The Wire. Most people seem to like the second least. I'm guessing that's because it has the least 'gangsta' stuff of the five. But you gotta love Frank Sobotka. Personally I liked season 3 the best. Bunny Colvin's Hamsterdam, I freakin' loved that stuff. Season 4 with the kids was awesome as well. Season 5 was a bit less believable than the others at times, but I loved how they wrapped up everyone's story.

Best thing about The Wire is the characters. I want Bunk to be my friend! In fact, that's probably the reason I don't have too much sympathy for the people in Dexter's police department.

I give it a solid 10, really can't point out any flaws. Best show I've ever seen. Was even better the second time, noticed a lot more things I missed on the first run.

Dokes is awesome.

I finished the wire. First season awesome, then sucked a little bit then progressively got slightly better until season 5 which totally was a waste of time and sucked. Overall 7.49/10

There is no bad season of The Wire. Most people seem to like the second least. I'm guessing that's because it has the least 'gangsta' stuff of the five. But you gotta love Frank Sobotka. Personally I liked season 3 the best. Bunny Colvin's Hamsterdam, I freakin' loved that stuff. Season 4 with the kids was awesome as well. Season 5 was a bit less believable than the others at times, but I loved how they wrapped up everyone's story.

Best thing about The Wire is the characters. I want Bunk to be my friend! In fact, that's probably the reason I don't have too much sympathy for the people in Dexter's police department.

I give it a solid 10, really can't point out any flaws. Best show I've ever seen. Was even better the second time, noticed a lot more things I missed on the first run.

Can't point out any flaws? What are you crazy. They killed off possibly the greatest character ever conceived in the entirety of games, television, literature, or any medium. How dare you sir.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Can't point out any flaws? What are you crazy. They killed off possibly the greatest character ever conceived in the entirety of games, television, literature, or any medium. How dare you sir.

So what? People die. It would be a lame show if they didn't.

Who are you talking about anyway? And deaths in the last season don't count, what does it matter if anyone lives or dies if the story is done?

If you mean Stringer, then yeah, I was pissed off at his death too, but it was necessary for the plot. He deserved to be killed. And the drug world wasn't cut out for him anymore, he never had the street mentality Avon or Marlo had. He was a reformer, just like Bunny. And reformers can't beat the system.

But I think you mean Omar. Omar didn't die. Sure, he was shot by a kid, didn't get an obituary in the paper, and they almost switched name tags at the morgue. But his legacy lived on both on the streets, in the form of very much exaggerated tales of his demise, and in Michael who stepped in his shoes. It was the best possible ending Omar could get. I loved Mike's ending too by the way.

Edited by Pope

Love 24. It has it's stupid moments, but the show is awesome at plot twists and keeping me coming back for more.

Sopranos. This is a show that I got into because of others. Its kind of a voyeur type thing as, to be honest, I dislike almost every character in the show, but want to see what happens next. Well, up until they split Season 6 in two. Saw the first half but just haven't bothered to see the final half of Season 6, especially after the ending to the series was spoiled on the news and by, of all people, Hillary Clinton. :o THAT IS WHY I WONT BE VOTING FOR YOU HILLARY! YOU SPOILED THE ENDING OF THE SOPRANOS!

Of the 6 or so episodes of Firefly I've seen I'm amazed the show was cancelled. Also liked the movie, other than the lame 'hitman who gets a conscience' character despite being completly dispicable for the entire movie.

X-Files was a great series until Season 6 where it started a slow decline into absolute lameness. My personal favorite of stupid episodes was where a religious group in the midwest worships a giant parasitic slug as the second coming of Christ. There was probably some message about the dangers of religion, but it was lost in the sheer idiocy. 'Look at that huge slug Earl! It must be Jesus! PRAISE JESUS! Lets go attach it to the back of someone's neck!' OOO, and another stupid one was a midget from India who... get this... crawls up people's arses. He follows people around on his little squeeky cart. Supposedly he's invisible but people can hear him coming. I'm amazed they didn't smell him either. :o I think the X-Files writers developed severe cases of mental retardation after Season 5. I think it was the move to Los Angeles... the sun fried their brains.

I've really enjoyed the first season of the Terminator and can't wait to see the second season.

Shows I'm mildly interested in (watch occasionally, but don't follow in order or make a point to catch each episode)

Stargate & Atlantis

The various Star Treks

Battlestar Galactica. On some levels this show is really impressive, but on others its kind of meh. It has a great gritty feel, but it has a lot of cheese too.

Ejiofor's character in Serenity was never despicable. He just did what he felt was the right thing to do at all times. What happened at the end of Serenity was that his beliefs were shattered. He didn't suddenly get a conscience.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Bah, if exterminating a village of women and children to flush out hiding places and murdering anyone the crew of Serenity knew to get to them isn't despicable I guess I just don't know what is.

There are many, many things that people do that they believe is 'the right thing to do', it doesn't mean they are in fact right or good.

The guy was a bastard who deserved a nasty end and I felt robbed of it. :o

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

It was the nastiest end possible for him. He lost his faith.

Heja Sverige!!

He does? Unless you're talking about Cate Archer, I don't think so.

Heja Sverige!!

Meh, I can think of worse ends for a sadistic...

Anyhoo... I found all episodes of Firefly are available on www.hulu.com. Very cool, as I've just been catching a random episode on Sci-Fi, so it will be neat to see them all in order. :)

http://www.hulu.com/firefly

Quality isn't fantastic, and it has a few short (15-30 sec) intervals but it beats trying to catch episodes here and there in random order. I'm very tempted to get the DVD set as every episode I've seen so far has been extremly entertaining. ;(

• 2 weeks later...

Ever tried anime? Generally the more actiony stuff that they have has a rather large plot arc, Bleach is on the cusp of the first filler arc in america but embroiled in it's second one on the other side of the pacific. Other than that, go back and watch old Justice League episodes.

Other than that I got nothing.

or if your willing to either netflix or shell out a heap of money, Stargate DVD's.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Is it actually worth watching Psych? I watched like 4 episodes and found it a tad boring; and I found things like Reaper, Chuck, Black Books (all British comedy), Daria, Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, even My Name Is Earl, to be quite funny.

• 4 weeks later...
Just saw the first episode of Arrested Development, and I know I'm going to love this.

Anyone else seen this? I just finished it and it's the most cleverly written comedy show I've ever seen. The combination of a dysfunctional family, lots of situational humor, and the multitude of subtly hidden jokes is purely awesome.

Apparently there's coming a movie in 2009. :bat:

Edited by Pope