New TV recommendations needed.....

roshan

Six feet under has entirely way too much gay sex to be enjoyable.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Gay people have a lot of gay sex, and they seem to always be enjoying themselves immensely.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Depends on your level of tolerance I guess, now I am in no way in favor of same sex where men are concerned, but the FF button is the great equalizer and to dismiss the hour long show because of it's 10-15 minutes of the gay characters relationship is silly. Grow up.

Better Off Ted is pretty good.

Six Feet Under is super special awesome in a depressing sort of way.

EDIT: More shows to watch:

Wonderfalls

Supernatural

Veronica Mars

Pushing Daisies

Dead Like Me(avoid the movie like fire, though)

Farscape

Angel/Buffy

Journeyman

Moonlight

Edited by Purkake

Depends on your level of tolerance I guess, now I am in no way in favor of same sex where men are concerned, but the FF button is the great equalizer and to dismiss the hour long show because of it's 10-15 minutes of the gay characters relationship is silly. Grow up.

Lol I watched like 2 seasons and enjoyed it quite a bit however I stopped watching becuase I couldn't find anymore streams even on stupid netflix, not becuase of gay sex. It's not really about tolerance either. I don't really care about the gay issue but as a straight man I have an innate repulsion to men kissing and fondling each other.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Lol I watched like 2 seasons and enjoyed it quite a bit however I stopped watching becuase I couldn't find anymore streams even on stupid netflix, not becuase of gay sex. It's not really about tolerance either. I don't really care about the gay issue but as a straight man I have an innate repulsion to men kissing and fondling each other.

I wouldn't advise watching OZ then.

I've been watching massive amounts of lost. Rewatching them you find so many little clues its actually quite incredible.

I've been watching massive amounts of lost. Rewatching them you find so many little clues its actually quite incredible.

Most of those little clues never reach much further than the 2 seasons following it though. Season 1 for instance was obviously written with season 2 in mind, but less so with further seasons. Seasons 4 and 5 (and most likely 6 as well) seem to be most coherent with each other, which really isn't all that strange considering that after season 3, the writers finally set an end date, and were therefore able to tightly plan the rest of the story.

The only major clue I can think of that dates back from season 1 is Locke's prophetic line during his backgammon game with Walt: "Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark." (which were sort of revealed in the season 5 finale).

I just hope some of the more important plots from the early seasons don't wind up with many loose ends. Walt, for example, seemed like such a big deal in the first 2 seasons, but it looks a lot like they already finished that plot.

It's almost like with Arrested Development, sweet!

Buster (upon seeing his old hand-shaped chair): "I never thought I'd miss a hand so much." :rolleyes:

Edited by Pope

I'm watching Pushing Daisies, right now, and it's awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

TORCHWOOD

****, no. That's the second-most diabolical thing the BBC has ever put together. Honestly, are you trying to torture the OP?

Doctor Who

Unfortunately, it was cancelled in 1989.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

^ I've been meaning to get a copy of that since one of the guys at work keeps saying how good it is. Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll have a copy and sit down and watch it. :thumbsup:

By the way they (Hanks, Speilberg) will be doing a follow up this year on HBO about the war in the Pacific

http://www.hbo.com/events/pacific/

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Caprica.

Moore himself has likened Caprica to the 1980s prime time soap opera Dallas, and it has been referred to as "television's first science fiction family saga."

so wait... family matters meets Battlestar? I'm confused.

*planet blows up*

"Did I doo that!?"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Caprica.

Moore himself has likened Caprica to the 1980s prime time soap opera Dallas, and it has been referred to as "television's first science fiction family saga."

Evidently Moore hasn't been watching the revived Doctor Who.

TORCHWOOD

****, no. That's the second-most diabolical thing the BBC has ever put together. Honestly, are you trying to torture the OP?

What about the remake of The Day of the Triffids? :shifty:

There is only one thing worse than Torchwood, and that is Bonekickers. Both ought to be avoided.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

The IT Crowd. The UK version is brilliant. I don't know if you can watch it in the US, but the UK's channel 4 has a free watch again service with all three seasons airing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.