New TV recommendations needed.....

roshan

I've also picked up a few shows lately in the mean time, Psych and Monk. I used to catch a glimpse of these shows and scoff from afar but they are actually pretty good. Psyche is actually a really good show considering its on cable tv and actually funny. Mind you it's a silly kind of humor but I like it none the less.

I'll give Psych and Monk a try, but since I don't have all the time in the world, with which one should I start?

Edit: I think I'll start with Psych since it has less episodes out yet.

Edited by Pope

Yeah psych is the better of the two imo. I've only really seen a handful of episodes of Monk. I wouldn't look into the early episodes of the show if you plan on watching though since they had some like New Yorker chick being his assistant and I like the new girl a lot better.

Some of the episode titles alone bring psych into even more awesomerness. For instance "Gus' dad may have killed an old guy." I know what your thinking. A lead character named Gus? preposterously sweet, I know.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yesterday I finished watching Stephen Hawking's Universe. It's 11 years old now but still quite up to date. I was very impressed, especially with the episodes dealing with the big bang and black holes. Sometimes I really think I should've become a scientist.

I've also discovered dozens more documentaries about intriguing topics such as space, time and brains, but sadly there is not enough time to watch them all.

• 3 weeks later...

Newest House episode slug commentary:

"Wilsooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon"

The Fringe sept 9

Dexter sept 28

house sept 16

Star Wars: The Clone Wars october 3

Entourage sept 7

The ultimate Fighter sept 17

Always sunny in Philadelphia sept 18

Heroes sept 22

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

So I caught the premier of the Knight Rider redo and Im not sure what to think. The acting is poor and the first story was pretty goofy. On the other hand its full of hot babes and action scenes, IE: the short lived show Fastlane.

Kit is significantly more advanced then the previous version and now sports full transformation capabilities. I'll give it a couple more episodes just for the lulz.

I found the atcing alright. Action wa sokay. The new KITT abilities are lame, over the top, and nothing more than a way to do 'deux es machina'... ie. missle strikes the care, and the car laughs it off? GMAB!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 3 weeks later...

It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia

best show on television.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia

best show on television.

I just watched the newest episode. Season 4 Episode 7 - 6:40 - Possibly the funniest thing ever said on cable tv. I honestly didn't see that coming but it was hilarious and extremely crude but that's how I like it.

So far tv has been sub par lately.

Fringe and Heroes have sucked. Entourage has been decent at best. House is alright. There are some bright spots though, star wars clone wars, always sunny and the ultimate fighter have been pretty good thus far. Haven't watched dexter becuase I'm waiting for a huge binge on it but i'm sure it's awesome and I can't wait.

We're DVRing Fringe. It's not entirely bad, but too many things keep distracting me from the show. First of all, the gimmicky way that they present the locations suck. Second, the fact that it seems to be running late series weird ideas in the first season seems a bit perplexing. I mean, the last show didn't jump the shark, but it looked like they were putting a big shark tank out in the parking lot. Really, it just hasn't been exciting. However, I'm still going to finish out this season, I think.

It's kind of odd, but I've always hated television until two things changed. TV shows on DVD and the DVR. I want to watch shows when I want to watch them, not necessarily when the networks want to show them.

House has definitely run out of steam and they're pretty desperate. This whole Wilson breaking up with House thing is simply the sort of white knuckle ploy that shows pull when they lose steam. Still, the premise of the show is good and we might get a few more seasons out of it.

My wife watches all sorts of crap that barely rises to the level of notice and sometimes doesn't even evince contempt. Ghost Whisperer, Ugly Betty, Pushing Daisies, etc.

Only thing I've been watching on TV recently has been Sarah Connor Chronicles & Stargate: Atlantis. I really liked this Monday's Terminator where John & Reese go to a military school to save a future leader from a terminator sent back to kill him. No episode this coming Monday though. :lol:

Good man!

BS:G, T:SCC, and Death Note were by far in large the best things on TV in 2008.

Shame the monologues have been replaced with teh uber cheesy intro though.

manthing2.jpg

• 1 year later...

So since starting this thread, Ive watched (or am in the process of watching):

In Treatment

Generation Kill

Stargate Universe

Carnivale

Oz

Californication

Entourage

True Blood

Mad Men

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

Dexter

Flashforward

Heroes

Veronica Mars

This was my old list:

Battlestar Galactica

Jericho

Terminator

Lost

Desperate Housewives

24 (first season only)

Prison Break

Rome

The Shield

Firefly

The Wire

Deadwood

The Sopranos

The Black Donnellys

Weeds

Now I'm looking for more shows! Will read through this thread again later looking to see what I've missed.

Actually, Fringe has grown on me. I like it now. It's not my favorite, but it's good. Flashforward is good. House is much better this season than last season: The Season of Suck. I've been following Eureka. I watch LOST which the wife hates. Otherwise, I don't really care about most shows, but the better half watches the Mentalist, Bones, Numbers, How I Met Your Mother, Leverage, Ugly Betty, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, and Ghost Whisperer. I don't really mind any of those except Ghost Whisperer, which I utterly despise.

Could always catch up with Burn Notice...

(especially if you're waiting impatiently for Alpha Protocol...)

Although they are in that annoying mid-season pause at the moment... dang it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 2 months later...

Finally finished the Wire. **** that was an amazing show. Only The Shield has left as big a void.

The Mad Men and Dexter season finales were amazing, looks like both shows will be shaking things up for next season. Mad Men's last is definitely one of the best season finales ever.

What're everyone's thoughts on Sons of Anarchy and Damages? Surprised not to see any mention of them....

A lot of interesting HBO shows seem to be on the way.... Cocaine Cowboys, Treme, Game of Thrones, Gentlemen of Leisure, Boardwalk Empire, The Pacific.... Add that to already existing shows like True Blood, In Treatment and Big Love and we might just be looking at a new golden age of HBO dramas.

Looking forward to the premier of Spartacus. Looks like cross between Gladiator, Rome and 300.

Also, am wondering, which of the following shows is most deserving of my time:

1. Six Feet Under

2. Rescue Me

3. Brotherhood

?