Mirror's Edge

Spider

6-8 hours of repetitve jumping? No thanks.

The demo was good, but not good enough to warrant a purchase at full price.

You're awfully narrow-minded, you know?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And why can't I see Faith's titties when I look down?

Now that's a complaint I can support.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

She's asian.

It would be very very akward.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

actually I think that her smaller breasts are attributed to her life of excersize and the fact that the fatty tissure that usually makes up the breasts is burnt off... I think that's the biological reason.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A first-person platformer with annoying jumping puzzles? What a shame. Could've been amazing. I thought this game would be a classic when I saw that HD trailer with the gorgeous outdoor scenery and ambient music, but presentation isn't everything. Doubt I'll buy it now. Respawning enemies also bug me - NOLF2 scarred me for life.

A first-person platformer with annoying jumping puzzles? What a shame. Could've been amazing. I thought this game would be a classic when I saw that HD trailer with the gorgeous outdoor scenery and ambient music, but presentation isn't everything. Doubt I'll buy it now. Respawning enemies also bug me - NOLF2 scarred me for life.

IT LIVES!!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Really, try the demo at least before passing judgement on the game. It's the kind of game you either love or hate, and it's also the kind you can't really know what it feels like if you never actually play it.

In any case, it's nice to play something completely different.

IT LIVES!!

yep, still alive. I crawled out from under my rock to make a post! Might hang around for a while this time...

Really, try the demo at least before passing judgement on the game. It's the kind of game you either love or hate, and it's also the kind you can't really know what it feels like if you never actually play it.

There's no PC demo yet, but I'll check it out if one appears. It's always better to 'feel' a game in action than watch a trailer. Still, if there's tons of precision jumps and trial and error I doubt I'll enjoy it.

She's asian.

It would be very very akward.

I'm pretty sure that if the lead designer for the game was a japanese, he would share the same sentiments as you folks and she would be adjusted turn out to look like this:

post-6708-1226921936_thumb.jpg

What constitutes as a typical "japanese"-look? In my world of ignorance, every korean/japanese/chinese look alike.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Zoma wasn't referring to to what Japanese look like, rather what they find attractive. The image he posted is a modified version of Faith based on what a Korean (I think) artist claims Asians find attractive. It's the whole "Westerners think Lucy Liu is attractive but Asians think she looks weird" thing.

As for the silly people who think every korean/japanese/chinese look alike: http://www.alllooksame.com/exam_room.php (you need to register but you don't need an email, just a username and password)

Being a chinese myself, the conception of Asians being stereotyped as having small and slitty eyes with angular chin and high cheek bones amuses me. Jade Empire, Disney's Mulan. Eye rollz for lulz. Amusingly, I even failed to get half of the quiz from the link HK provided correct. I have difficulty judging nationality solely from pics since I tend to observe an asian based on the attire down to the ascent they use to speak to make an accurate guess.

Zoma wasn't referring to to what Japanese look like, rather what they find attractive. The image he posted is a modified version of Faith based on what a Korean (I think) artist claims Asians find attractive. It's the whole "Westerners think Lucy Liu is attractive but Asians think she looks weird" thing.

HK got it right. Its what most Japanese finds the definition of a female attractive. The picture of photoshopped Faith is from 2Chan forum, so its safe to assume its a Japanese artist. On the contrary to the West which seems to prefer well defined sharp features, Asians prefer females with big expressive eyes and round features for the face. Hence the character designs of Final Fantasy VIII and beyond. Hence the typical big eyed anime girls.

Of course the boob size preference is subjective amongst Asians. Some love cow sized knockers while people like me is happy with the default Faith sized boobs.

I think Faith looks gross, her eyes are way to angled and she looks just like a friend of mine.

The entire game seems far too anime for my tastes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I put the 'asian people like' and original side-by-side. What I gather is that 'asian guys' like a faith who looks younger but has bigger breasts. Oh, how utterly different from what 'American men' lean toward. :p

post-1288-1226961782_thumb.jpg

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Whatever the case, most women, when they look down, see boobs.

But won't somebody think of the man-children!?!?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I put the 'asian people like' and original side-by-side. What I gather is that 'asian guys' like a faith who looks younger but has bigger breasts. Oh, how utterly different from what 'American men' lean toward. :shifty:

I kinda lol'd.

Besides, Faith is the least sexualised female character ever. "Sexy" wasn't even considered for her character. She's not ugly (IMO, her eyes look weird), but that explains the fact her breasts are not the size of Lara Croft's.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

I've played through about have of it and think the game would have been better with different combat. It can be hard to run and jump up a box onto a catwalk and then have a fast enough reaction to turn 90 degrees to your right to hit triangle at the perfect time to block his melee attack and then take his gun (knocking him out in the process) The game really shines (like Prince of Persia) when you are just dicking around on rooftops trying to find your way from point a to point b. The only problem is that usually in order to add some urgency to your running (if you weren't getting a thrill just freerunning) they have a helicopter or guys with guns to keep you moving. This usually means you get to play "die 6 times to figure the EXACT perfect route to get to your target location and because your timing was off just a hair so the guy with a gun bashed your head in". Some of the puzzles are a little bit unintuitive but when you figure them out it can be really satisfying. Unless of course it takes you 15 tries to actually finish the puzzle because you have to wall-run then jump to a suspended maintence walkway thats got a glass floor and then rush along it to jump off the other end into a tight hallway while being shot at from 3 stories down. That puzzle can go jump off a cliff in my opinion.

And despite what developers said in the various interviews and QA sessions with the press, the game rewards you for fighting because then you don't have to worry about getting shot at while you figure out the route you need to take. but like I mentioned before the combat is terrible, and you can take two bashes from an opponent or about ten hits from a gun before you go down. Also some of the puzzles don't have enough wiggle room for the player to comfortably perform the acrobatic feat but this isn't nearly as big a problem as I've only encountered it once in the half the game I've played through.

All in all I'd reccomend it because it's REALLY fun to free run your way across the rooftops of this whitewashed city. and the combat though terrible is actually pretty easy to do if you know whats coming.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Since Im against Japanification, Anime and all that rubbish I have to play this game in secret. Its pretty slick, but whats starting to bother me is that the first level or so succeeds in creating a sense of urgency with you running from the cops etc. but then it just keeps doing that throughout the whole game, which ruins the experience. You go from "Eeeeh! Ive got to get out of here!!" to "Chased by cops again.. yeah whatever" in notime because they just wear out the stress factor.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "