Mirror's Edge

Spider

White red and blue a lot better than the nice shade of brown and grey everything seems to be these days to be honest.

This game looks all kinds of awesome as well from the previews. I fully expect it to turn out rubbish.

Pessimism ftw \o/

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Storyline trailer

This plot trailer has failed to impress me in any way. It's just clich

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I love the art direction. The whole idea is that society is supposed to be utopian in it's nature. And for me the color scheme fits fairly well with that vision. A clean safe city. I'd hate living there though...

A clean safe city. I'd hate living there though...

yes, i much prefer where i live in south east london, with the poverty and the drugs and the knife crime. it's so refreshing.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

Do you guys like the art direction in that trailer? I think it looks horrible! Everything is white, red or blue. Since when do we build an entire society utilizing only three colours? I don't know, it just looks bad to me. Off-puttingly bad.

I think the gameplay looks a lot nicer than the art, that's for sure.

I believe the idea behind using few very well defined colours in very well defined ways (rectangles etc.) is to mirror the politics of the city. This is one of the few games where I like bright colours as it fits the theme of the game.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

yes, i much prefer where i live in south east london, with the poverty and the drugs and the knife crime. it's so refreshing.

Over in north London we call it 'Mordor'.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I believe the idea behind using few very well defined colours in very well defined ways (rectangles etc.) is to mirror the politics of the city. This is one of the few games where I like bright colours as it fits the theme of the game.

Man, Spider just said that on the previous page, read the thread dude!

Way to go myself. :lol:

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

This better be as good as it seems. I'm getting all hyped up.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I want to play this game so bad... The more I see of it the more I'm falling in love.

Edit: One of the things I like the most is how the developers are so confident in their gameplay that they don't bother with cool cinematics in their trailers. All we get to see is gameplay excerpts (edited in a snazzy way of course) and they seem to think that'll be enough. And for me, it clearly is.

Edited by Spider

I'm looking forward to it. EA is weakening my boycott. Well, they did that with C&C3. I think I should make it only an "attempted avoidance if other games are out worth buying."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I want to play this game so bad... The more I see of it the more I'm falling in love.

Edit: One of the things I like the most is how the developers are so confident in their gameplay that they don't bother with cool cinematics in their trailers. All we get to see is gameplay excerpts (edited in a snazzy way of course) and they seem to think that'll be enough. And for me, it clearly is.

DICE is getting really damn good at making games. It's nice to see they're moving away from simple Battlefield games.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"simple" Batlefield games?

BF1942 is best blind purchase of my life

DICE rocks, even though they're swedes

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

• 1 month later...
No surprise, doesn't look very demanding. Although... For minimum requirements, these aren't very low.

maybe it's because they have to be able to identify routes with the red in order for you to keep moving and then have extra textures should you choose to switch off the red stuff?

I'm reaching I know.

Mirrors edge looks awesome.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...