Why does Man-Exile get so much more "action"?

So I just finished my 1st play-thru as man-Exile, and I gotta say, it was actually better than playing as fem-Exile. You get a LOT more explained to you regarding Atris, for one. Another thing is, I didn't know that man-Exile actually has a finished romance sub-plot (at least, as far as I can tell). Yeah, you don't get to choose which of the 3 women who fight over you that you get, and my own taste in women prefers Mira over those other 2 as far as looks and aditude goes, but what you end up with is a completed sub-plot with Visas, and Fem-Exile has nothing like that. I'm sure it all came down to the fact that time ran out, but I want all you gamer-chicks that haven't played as man-Exile to check it out.

Basically, what I'm refering to is, remember after you gather the 3 Jedi masters at the enclave on Dantooine (or not), then return to the ship, with Atton all wounded, and you get a little cutt-scene with Mical, and he tells you that you're not just some disease? Then he backs out of the room you're in, and tells you not to go on alone? Well, at this point, as man-Exile, it's not Mical (obviously), it's Visas, and if you encourage her at this point you get to see some pretty cool stuff (I thought it was cool).

So yeah, for the record (and I can't believe I actually think this) I think the game is better as man-Exile (even though Fem is cannon). Despite my earlier comments about Mical, I like his character, he just adds NOTHING to the story, whereas Brianna (Handmaiden) thickens the plot signfigantly, and she's a lot funner to train (sparring is involved - Yee-haw!), and you CAN"T get 100% influence over her in 1 conversation, unlike Mical (which pretty much renders him useless the rest of the game).

So if you've never played thru as a male, I STRONGLY suggest that you to try it.

That is all.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

I just want to go on the record as saying that I have played as a male, and I prefer the female story line. Yes, the guys get more finished stuff... but I just don't think it works as well...

I know I've said all this before so I guess I'll leave it at that.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Despite my earlier comments about Mical, I like his character, he just adds NOTHING to the story,... <snip>

Um, that's not entirely true. He gives the player hints about the PC being a wound in the Force long before your meeting with the Council...

Kreia: Enough. What did you see in the web of worlds that have died? What did you see when you saw it through the Force?

Mical: I see the death of the galaxy. Of life. At first... I thought it was just conquest, but it's more terrible than that. It's an echo, spreading outwards, killing everything. It's not possible.

Kreia: You are a wasted pawn of the Republic, young one. You could have been so much more, even with your wide-eyed innocence, your na

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

If I were still speaking with Pi right now, I'd just have to say agree to disagree. ;)

Mellypie, as for Mical, I'm sorry, but his little convos w/ Kreia don't do much for me. At least not compaired to all you get with Brianna. All they do is serve to confuse me a bit more, for although he knows these things, he's powerless to tell you, and is forced to lie to your face, Me: "What is it?" Mical: "I dunno." :)

As for what you say about Visas & Brianna, they ARE 2 very broken women, to be sure, but at least you have the benefit as man-Exile of having them both come out and basically tell you they love you.

DN: I guess I just read Mira's whole "He's MINE!" thing as "I WANT him."

Mira has no interest in you as a romantic, or sexual, partner, nor does she hide this fact from the player in her dialogs.

Part of what makes Mira appeal to me as a woman more than the other 2 is she isn't the kind of girl to go on and on about how important you are to her, so I guess I just thought her interest in man-Exile was more subtle, but still there. She's got to much 'tude and spunk to let her true feelings be known.

And I also agree with everything Dark_Raven said.

legoK2.jpg

I don't get what's this "action" is that you're making references to, anyway...

EDIT: Ah yes. By "action", you probably mean sparring with the Handmaiden. Yes, that's more "action" than meditating with Disciple. Not much of a difference if you ask me...

Edited by random n00b

I don't get what's this "action" is that you're making references to, anyway...

EDIT: Ah yes. By "action", you probably mean sparring with the Handmaiden. Yes, that's more "action" than meditating with Disciple. Not much of a difference if you ask me...

Try playing thru as fem Exile and note the differences. And I meant man/woman action.

legoK2.jpg

We need more female game developers. Guys can whore around with the ladies but we get stuck with some lame male for a "romance".

I wouldn't want to score off Disiple to begin with.

Female Jedi=a joke

:p

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I played through KOTOR as a female character, then KOTOR 2 as a female char again. Why?, because there is enough male villains/heroes in SW universe + when I play game that lasts about 30h, I would be rather watching good-looking female than male who looks like a Jesus for an example. :)

Once decided to try male exile (with jesus-portrait of course :) ), I came to same conclusion as babydol.

Male exile gets all the fun-stuff: Handmaiden (good for plot-wise, more clues about Kreia's past identity + battle precognition), instead females get annoying and naive jedi-fanboy that doesn't have any importance in plot. And the Atris-exile relationship is far more interesting than archaic and stupid sion-->exile -love, + all those thing that babydol said.

I don't get this: Why does male get all the fun, while female is canon? Did they change female to canon on last second before game was released? Grr!! shame on you Obsidian! :bat:

I don't get this: Why does male get all the fun, while female is canon? Did they change female to canon on last second before game was released? Grr!! shame on you Obsidian! :)

They didn't choose what gender the exile was canonically until well after the game was out. Indeed, while the game came out in december 2004, there was no official reference to the exile's gender until the New Essential Guide to Droids mentions the character as "a heroine", and that book was - according to Wookieepedia - released June 27, 2006.

Personally, I've always felt the male exile made for better plot, both because Atris being in love with the male exile makes for a stronger case regarding Atris' fall with Handmaiden adding to it to form the classic love triangle, and because Sion's love for the exile seems totally out of the blue and highly uncompelling to me. I mean, he was only trying to hunt her down to get rid of the last jedi, hello! I don't mind Disciple as much as some people seem to. He clarifies a few things in the plot before they come clear, but most of the stuff he can tell you about that is learned from other characters and events anyway. The Force Sight bit with Visas was nice, but I don't see it as that special. For me it's mostly for plot reasons that I prefer the male exile. I should thank babydol for writing the above, however, since it means I'm not being entirely sexist when I prefer the male exile. I didn't think I was, but it's good to hear anyway.

Besides, considering that all the promotional art for the game consistently shows us a male exile, you might think the developers thought of the exile as male. At least, that's always been my interpretation, but then I guess only Obsidian know that, and they can't say, since deciding gender in a Star Wars game is exclusively the right of LA. Still, I can't quiet escape the suspicion that the exile was declared female simply for the purpose of LA not appearing sexist, given that both Revan and Jaden Korr (from Jedi Academy) were declared officially male. To me that does not seem like a good basis for dediding the exile should be female. Besides, of the three, Jaden Korr makes better sense as female IMHO.

Of course, you also need to consider all the cut content that was intended to be in the game. Atton's potential death scene is very sad, and I don't get the impression there is a corresponding scene for Handmaiden or Visas, except that you can sacrifice Visas to Nihilus, of course.

We need more female game developers. Guys can whore around with the ladies but we get stuck with some lame male for a "romance".

I wouldn't want to score off Disiple to begin with.

Female Jedi=a joke

:)

Female Jedis are cool and smexy. And they are NOT a joke. Just say, I don't want to get on their bad sides due to the lightsabers and force powers.

Try playing thru as fem Exile and note the differences. And I meant man/woman action.
Yes. Again, what action are you referring to? Male PC gets none whatsoever.

And no, "Force Sex" doesn't count either (who the hell came up with that name anyway, it's ****ing lame), it's just the glorified climax of a pathological obsession, and more creepy than romantic.

And, btw. Roughly half of my playthroughs have been as female. I found Atton's antics far more interesting and substantial than the unbelievably socially retarded Handmaiden's "advances". And the Disciple is a fairly good character, regardless of his lack of "badassness" that usually makes male characters appealing as love interests (to female gamers, apparently).

I really don't see where you're coming from.

I can't quiet escape the suspicion that the exile was declared female simply for the purpose of LA not appearing sexist, given that both Revan and Jaden Korr (from Jedi Academy) were declared officially male.
You just won the thread.

I can't quiet escape the suspicion that the exile was declared female simply for the purpose of LA not appearing sexist, given that both Revan and Jaden Korr (from Jedi Academy) were declared officially male.
You just won the thread.

Agreed. That's actually quite disappointing with Jaden Korr, I always play as a gold and black-leather clad blue female Twi'lek - can't get any better.

...moving right along, I think we can all agree that the 'romance options' in KotOR2 sucked majorly, and were rather disappointing especially considering the options from KotOR1.

Oh one thing I should note as well - for those of you holding out hope that the TSLRP will restore romance content, sorry to say it doesn't.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

...moving right along, I think we can all agree that the 'romance options' in KotOR2 sucked majorly, and were rather disappointing especially considering the options from KotOR1.

KotOR 2 romances pwn KotOR 1 ones easily

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're not wrong there, Mical the good doctor is not the guy to whore around with, you have to ask him a diagnostic to squeeze out of him that he finds you attractive. Atton is much more willing but Kreia kind of ruined everything, party pooper.

KotOR 2 romances pwn KotOR 1 ones easily

how, and in what way?