OT-But my hopes for a *good* Bourne game is diminished

In away, this thread is a bit OT. I'm sure some of you guys know that there's a Bourne game coming out next month called the Bourne Conspiracy. When it comes to games, it's hard for a game based off a movie liscence to be any good and in this case, it seems the Bourne Conspiracy failed. The demo I played is just terrible. Although the combat wasn't that bad, too many QTEs were implemented. The game needs a counter system and time based attacks. That way, you, as in the player, will have more control over what Bourne is doing. The driving is also terrible. I mean, you have a QTE FOR SHIFTING GEARS. WTF IS THAT!? The cover system isn't very fluid. You cannot transition Bourne from say running towards a wall and going into cover.

But anyway, my ideal Bourne game should've been like Alpha Protocol set after Ultimatum (movie version). A 3rd person rpg. Have the game set in multiple countries throughout the world. Jason Bourne isn't just about running from the CIA or fighting. Jason Bourne is about trying to figure out who he is or why someone is after him. He's investigating his past and which steps to take next. So in the game, there would be tons of NPCs that you can interact with to help you complete your objectives, use computers to gain information, follow someone to a building, etc. You know? Your typical Bioware/Obsidian western rpg. Plus, you'd have a rich storyline with moral choices to make. As for combat, keep it like in Bourne Conspiracy with the flashiness, but switch the controls to a timed/counter system. If you're caught by your enemies, you can either fight them or run away through a crowded street or on the rooftops. Choosing to run away would lead to a cutscene that takes you to a certain area in the level that you're in and from there, you can use your environment help you escape.

Anyway, I'm done venting. I'm just sad that my favorite movie franchise is reduced to what Sierra created. I guess Alpha Protocol is the closest thing I will have to a Bourne game. ;)

P.S. Sorry mods if this thread was totally uncalled for.

Jason Bourne isn't just about running from the CIA or fighting. Jason Bourne is about trying to figure out who he is or why someone is after him. He's investigating his past and which steps to take next. So in the game, there would be tons of NPCs that you can interact with to help you complete your objectives, use computers to gain information, follow someone to a building, etc.

screenshot4un7.jpg

20795.jpg

[quote name='H

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Jason Bourne isn't just about running from the CIA or fighting. Jason Bourne is about trying to figure out who he is or why someone is after him. He's investigating his past and which steps to take next. So in the game, there would be tons of NPCs that you can interact with to help you complete your objectives, use computers to gain information, follow someone to a building, etc.

FPS vs RPG

Twitter | @Insevin

Yes. Sorry to hear about the Bourne game, I was secretly hoping it would be good. It looked pretty faithful to the movies when I saw a trailer that showed close quarter combat from the game, but alas.. it was not to be.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

;( Morons. Stop replying desktop-size pictures.

They're automatically re-sized - and, anyways, you are calling the pot black.

FPS vs RPG

Those are not exclusive, just look at Bloodlines.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

:x Morons. Stop replying desktop-size pictures.

They're automatically re-sized - and, anyways, you are calling the pot black.

Yes, before I realized how annoying it was, I did. But you "veterans" should know better. :*

Twitter | @Insevin

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the impression that the Bourne game was going to be an action/shooter type? I haven't played the demo but I'll probably rent the game initially.

A lot of people shared the same sentiment when 24 debuted on the PS2; I loved it, personally. Sure, there were more than a few things that could've been implemented better but overall, I thought the game was great.

No sig necessary.

• 2 years later...

In One DVD die,WOW Gold announced with the September 2009 edition of the magazine

Famitsu, Nobuaki Komoto XI to know that secondary job system while returning IT IS to focus a weapons and abilities, and have no

experience points or a leveling. Buy WOW GoldThis would be the third time since DEM Final Fantasy

II knows that die this series had been kind of change to view. However, as showed gameplay footage during the open first alpha

test, die players' experience earns points for ONE player WOW Power Leveling

"physical level". The player