The Most Unwanted Song

Xard

After a long search, Scott McLemee finally found a recording by a pair of Russian conceptual artists who created a song that most people will despise, as determined by a survey they conducted.

For example, people hate songs about holidays, choirs, and kids singing. So there was a passage where a children's chorus singing about Labor Day.

Phil Ford quotes an account of how the sonic parameters were selected:

The most unwanted music is over 25 minutes long, veers wildly between loud and quiet sections, between fast and slow tempos, and features timbres of extremely high and low pitch, with each dichotomy presented in abrupt transition. The most unwanted orchestra was determined to be large, and features the accordion and bagpipe (which tie at 13% as the most unwanted instrument), banjo, flute, tuba, harp, organ, synthesizer (the only instrument that appears in both the most wanted and most unwanted ensembles). An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and "elevator" music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs. The most unwanted subjects for lyrics are cowboys and holidays, and the most unwanted listening circumstances are involuntary exposure to commercials and elevator music. Therefore, it can be shown that if there is no covariance--someone who dislikes bagpipes is as likely to hate elevator music as someone who despises the organ, for example--fewer than 200 individuals of the world's total population would enjoy this piece.

Well damn....it turns out I'm one of them.

Hiphop tuba plus a soprano rapping about the Old West -- what's not to like? You can listen to it here.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/17/25-mi...compositio.html

HERE'S THE SONG - ENJOY

This is some awesome **** ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yup, it's fun :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I found that pretty hard on my ears. Can't say I liked it ... but I didn't hate it, either.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anything that is involuntary is going to be mainly unpleasant. Take note you Microsoft sons of .....

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

worse then your sig?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, that video you posted is pretty good. It's pretty catchy.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

...my brains are melting

NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN

I watched it again and I still don't understand what's so bad about it.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

That's it, that songs is stuck in my head for rest of the day now ;)

Guest The Architect

How can you even consider that Nyan-Nyan CM as a song? It's just "Nyan Nyan nyan nyan niihao nyan, gojirasu derishasu dekaruchaaa" over and over again for nearly 10 minutes in a girly anime voice or whatever. More like nearly 10 minutes of being a spastic.

I can't believe Archie actually knew the romanization of the "song".

Macross F is still awesome, even though it spawned that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest The Architect

The what? I just put in what that avaruuslaama YouTube commenter said which sounded like what she was saying and assumed to be correct.

avaruuslaama

WAT

Guest The Architect

avaruuslaama is the username of the YouTube commenter who said gojirasu derishasu dekaruchaaa.

...oh

I thought my firefox was going bonkers and had started randomly translate words. That would mean "space lama" in english :lol:

How can you even consider that Nyan-Nyan CM as a song? It's just "Nyan Nyan nyan nyan niihao nyan, gojirasu derishasu dekaruchaaa" over and over again for nearly 10 minutes in a girly anime voice or whatever. More like nearly 10 minutes of being a spastic.

It has a catchy melody. That's the hook.

So I took that and harmonized it in four part harmony counterpoint style on Finale Notepad. It's pretty cool.

That sounds actually awesome. C'mon Pixies, youtube your performance :thumbsup:

I can't find anything that converts .mus files to something else.