What are you playing now?

Oblivion. This is a cool game.

Need help finding mods? :ermm:

No, I need help installing the DLC I paid for but which won't install under Vista because Bethesda can't be bothered to update its stuff. Yes, I am still bitter. And yes, I do realise it's not your fault (sorry). :lol:

Sorry to here that. That game is buggy all to hell to begin with too...

have you played Culpa Innata yet? I think you would like it steve, i know your a big adventure fan if i remember. :)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

No, I need help installing the DLC I paid for but which won't install under Vista because Bethesda can't be bothered to update its stuff. Yes, I am still bitter. And yes, I do realise it's not your fault (sorry). :lol:

I would bet that you could try to install them on a non-Vista machine and then manually move them over to the actual install. I'm pretty sure that Bethesda doesn't update files with their DLCs and as such this aproach should work.

That should work.

I don't use, or particularly like, some of the modifications included in that package, although I guess it might be worth trying again.

have you played Culpa Innata yet? I think you would like it steve, i know your a big adventure fan if i remember. :)

Did you finish it yet? If so, what ending did you get? Although, I should probably make another topic for this discussion in the spoilers section.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

have you played Culpa Innata yet? I think you would like it steve, i know your a big adventure fan if i remember. :lol:

I've purchased and downloaded it. I have a week's holiday starting a week from now, and that's first on my playlist. :ermm:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

No, I need help installing the DLC I paid for but which won't install under Vista because Bethesda can't be bothered to update its stuff. Yes, I am still bitter. And yes, I do realise it's not your fault (sorry). :)

I am however rather worried now, because I would like to like Fallout 3 and I'm scared I'm going to be mouthing 'Die Bethesda Scum' over and over again as it installs (under Vista, presumably). :lol:

The best thing you can do is unintall Vista and install WinXP. Bethy is not at fault, Vista is for being so lame.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

haha what?

I can't believe you said that.

Next thing I know you'll be lining up for Fallout 3. Then hell freezes over. :ermm:

I have nothing against Bethy, except for them making Fallout 3. The Elder Scroll games are decent.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I don't use, or particularly like, some of the modifications included in that package, although I guess it might be worth trying again.

The entire point is that it is modular and you only have to install the parts that you want. I do agree that some of the stuff in some of the mods (I must admit that I have no idea which parts of the added stuff belong to which mod :ermm: ) is completely ludicrous. I just don't think that you can argue against it with all the stuff it adds.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I just don't think that you can argue against it with all the stuff it adds.

"Bloated" is a pretty easy argument against anything that does too much.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

For those who've played it, how is Culpa Innata?

haha what?

I can't believe you said that.

Next thing I know you'll be lining up for Fallout 3. Then hell freezes over. :ermm:

I have nothing against Bethy, except for them making Fallout 3. The Elder Scroll games are decent.

But if you like the games they make, why does it bother you that they are the developer making Fallout 3?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I just don't think that you can argue against it with all the stuff it adds.

"Bloated" is a pretty easy argument against anything that does too much.

The problem is that it isn't low quality beyond what you usually find in mods, and it doesn't so much do too much, as in it puts stuff everywhere, what it does is give is a much greater variety. The only actual bloat is the Oblivion folder after installing all the mods.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

The entire point is that it is modular and you only have to install the parts that you want.

And almost all of the stuff it contains can be found, or created, in smaller, better packages without the other stuff - although I must admit that it is great for people who do not enjoy tweaking mods to work with each other. However, it has been awhile since I have tried that particular overhaul, and I might give it another try on my laptop since that has yet to get my thirty-gigabyte-plus custom modification package. And, no, not all of those mods are run at the same time. :lol:

For those who've played it, how is Culpa Innata?

I liked it and am currently on my second play-through, although you should know that the majority of the voice acting is, at best, barely tolerable. Not that this would be a problem in some games, but since you really have to listen -some things are not subtitled- this will be a minor turn-off for some people. :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I pulled myself together and re-installed teh Witcher. I played it last year but didn't really like it, but maybe I never gave it a real chance.

Now it seems, I start to enjoy the game immensily! (well, thanks to my new PC it now runs smoothly as well). I'm about to finish Chapter 1 and so far it's really enjoyable. The characters look a bit stiff, and the dialog isn't really that great, or deep, but that doesn't really ruin the game for me. So far, so good.

I just played the demo of the Penny Arcade game (something about a rain slick precipice.)

It was pretty fun, kind of an adventure game with Final Fantasy combat using mini-games for good measure. If you enjoy the comics, it's worth a try. I also like that it is available on Mac, so I was able to load it on my work laptop and play it before work this morning.

I guess I will update my game log - although some of you might argue that it is too soon. I have reinstalled Oblivion on my laptop and am now installing modifications and texture packs, although I might try a semi-vanilla run before I enable most of them. My latest S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game is currently stuck in Chernobyl's interior -curse those damn fanatics and their shotguns-, although I did find a use for the RPG launcher I hauled around for the last half of the game (you can explode an armoured personnel carriers with two rounds, or, if you are lucky, a helicopter). I am also installing the Oblivion Lost mod and its patch, if only for the vehicles - If anyone knows of a smaller mod that only restores those please speak up! My Bloodlines game is also going well, as is my Culpa Innata file.

-Hurlshot

I'm still pushing on with my game of Oblivion. I'm having a problem really making much progress though since I play for about 10 minutes and promptly fall asleep. Seriously, Oblivion is great for those nights I can't sleep. It's like an instant binary coma.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I just restored power to the Torvus Bog temple in Metroid Prime 2 and I'm working my way through Sanctuary Fortress. With everything that I had heard about the ammo system for the better weapons being annoying I have to say that it hasn't really bothered me all that much. Once I heard crates will drop ammo if you hit them with the appropriate beam I haven't come close to running out. I've got nearly 70% of the scans and about 40% of items. It looks like there is at least one scan that I'm missing and I hope it'll appear again later.

tilll playing Gta San anrfdrwas and onejougjh ing iinemmseil

I need to sobet upr for this wot wporgkl

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Okay, I take it back. I never thought I'd say this, but this area needs more crates. I'm really running low on light and dark ammo. I was down under 10 each (of 150 current max) before I couple enemies dropped some light ammo to get that back up to 40. Even with ammo I'm starting to understand some of the complaints about the mirror worlds. Having to jump back and forth and then realizing that you don't have the right item to proceed and having to backtrack again. :yucky:

The hint system isn't really helping me. Every time it pops up saying "Hey! Found something here. You should go check this area out!" I'm already trying to get to that area and just haven't figured out the right path yet.

Mass effect...

found that there was essentially a "New Game +" for careers... and am now running around with a level 52 commando on Novaria

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

hahaha, golden :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Playing a little Sam and Max: What's up Beelzebub. Not much. I've got a temporary card until my replacement card comes in. It's an 8400 GS. 64-bit memory pipeline. This thing is awful.