Chosen one have pip-boy, Michael have iphone

As do I, except Worlds Collide.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...

why not have a phone that not only has an all in one functionality but also will turn into a car at a command? or be a ROBOT IN DISGUISE!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have a better idea: a phone-fueled suit of POWER ARMOR. Just imagine all the drama and tension it would give the game! Will Mike be fast enough to complete his mission before the battery dies?

20795.jpg

I have even better idea: A phone-fueled aircraft carrier! Witness yourself facing ever-increasing odds as the battery never lasts long enough!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I like shoe phones.

"These boots are made for talking..." :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Personally I think the phone idea is excellent. It's a great way of incorporating an interface into a game without removing the player from said game. You can show missions (as text messages), you can show maps, you can let the player take photos, record audio/video, talk to NPC's, etc., all from one single gadget. You can have easter eggs (find a phone number in an obscure newspaper, call it for some unforeseen effects), prank calls, mini games (Snake!), whatever you want. I love the idea.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

why not a PDA then?

I don't know? When did I rule out a PDA? It's just that I'm not sure if there are PDA's out there that can receive phone calls.. Better having a smart phone, I think.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Personally I think the phone idea is excellent. It's a great way of incorporating an interface into a game without removing the player from said game. You can show missions (as text messages), you can show maps, you can let the player take photos, record audio/video, talk to NPC's, etc., all from one single gadget. You can have easter eggs (find a phone number in an obscure newspaper, call it for some unforeseen effects), prank calls, mini games (Snake!), whatever you want. I love the idea.

Please not a phone. Anything but a phone: a wrist watch, a neural implant, a snazzy electronic bracer, some futuristic circular disc that's essentially a phone but doesn't look like it... anything.

PDA's worked fine in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :unsure:

Task scheduling, GPS, communications, MP3 player, Voice Messages, just about every purpose. The IR beam can be used to manipulate computer IR network interfaces and remote control sensors.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

PDA's worked fine in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :unsure:

Task scheduling, GPS, communications, MP3 player, Voice Messages, just about every purpose. The IR beam can be used to manipulate computer IR network interfaces and remote control sensors.

Yeah, Stalker's PDA looks sweet.

Ok, I only read the first post, so bare with me if I repeat things others have said.

I agree with using some form of device like a mobile (cell) phone for receiving orders/info. pictures of target, downloading info from a targets computer, and maybe even using the GPS map thing. Although the GPS map thing (can't remember the proper name) is already a device in use by such special forces units as the SAS.

But since this game is focused on spies, I would prefer using something less conspicuous as "spy-gadgets". So a phone or PDA may be a better option. You-know, something like an everyday gadget that doesn't stand out?!

But one thing I didn't agree on was the music. I just really don't see it possible that a spy would listen to music whilst out on a mission. He would need all his senses in order to stay alive. I suggest if you wish to listen to music then use you Hi-Fi / stereo / computer, rather than asking for it to be built into the game.

EDIT: Only seems I really needed to read the first post, and the last few. o:)

Edited by Scorpion1813

• 3 weeks later...