Bioshock to get big scren treatment

Linkage

Has the potential to be quite good I reckon. Probably going to end up being complete rubbish though. Such is the way of the world.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Linkage

Has the potential to be quite good I reckon. Probably going to end up being complete rubbish though. Such is the way of the world.

What, no Uwe Boll? >_<

he's the only genius in the industry! and he'll challenge you to a boxing match if you disagree :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm trying to recall if anyone has yet filmed a computer game adaptation that was good. I can't think of one at the moment. It must be a task which is fairly difficult, probably mostly due to the pretty uninspired narratives and characters that most video games have.

Its actually kind of funny that this is happening: video games developers spend most of their time ripping off movies for narrative and story, now movies are adapting what was already ripped off from them previously. How odd. >_<

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Verbinski is a bit of a hack, who has never made a smart movie in his life, and Bioshock isn't really going to work as a popcorn distraction type of movie.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well as far as source material goes Bioshcok has to be richer than Doom.

I did enjoy the first 2 Resident Evil movies to some degree. They were still pretty bad though. The third one was just boring. I stopped watching halfway through the film after spending 5 dollars on the ppv.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm trying to recall if anyone has yet filmed a computer game adaptation that was good. I can't think of one at the moment. It must be a task which is fairly difficult, probably mostly due to the pretty uninspired narratives and characters that most video games have.

I think it has more to do with the people making the movie. I wouldn't think it's anymore difficult than making any other kind of movie. People who make (bad) video game movies, would still make bad movies if they weren't making video game movies.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

That's a good point, pixies. A good director and/or screenwriter could probably turn even poor source material into a decent flick if they had enough freedom to operate.

Benchley's original novel for Jaws was pretty poor but Spielberg and Gottleib found all the right parts to put on the screen and dropped the crap.

It also probably doesn't help that the more (bad) video game movies being made, the less likely it is that anyone good will want to take a chance and have their name attached to a video game movie.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Benchley's original novel for Jaws was pretty poor but Spielberg and Gottleib found all the right parts to put on the screen and dropped the crap.

While it was not the worst book I've ever read is was not that great either, and, yeah, the novel was nothing compared to the the movie. :no:

jaws1.jpg

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's got some promise. The game held my interest for about as long as it takes to watch a movie.

(At which point I realized "now I remember why I don't enjoy shooters.")

Gore Verbinski made the Pirates moves, which I enjoyed, and also the Ring adaptation, which I also liked. Yeah, it's probably going to be a pop movie with only the semblance of depth, but that pretty much describes Bioshock anyhow. So long as he can provide good visuals and hit the right emotional spots, I think it could be fun.

There are doors

I can picture Bioshock being filmed in the same way 300 was, huge use of green screens

If not that, a lot of computer effects placed on sets in editing.

Even though I don't find it necessary to make a game based on Bioshock, I'd gladly go see it, for curiosities, sake.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I thought of a couple decent game-to-movie adaptations.

Tron - I'm pretty sure it's loosely based on the game.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - I know it gets trashed by some folks, but I really enjoyed it.

I thought of a couple decent game-to-movie adaptations.

Tron - I'm pretty sure it's loosely based on the game.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - I know it gets trashed by some folks, but I really enjoyed it.

Tron wasn't based on a game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Huh...so I guess it's just a movie in a video game world?

Well then, The Last Starfighter also featured a video game. Maybe they just need more movies with games in the plot, rather than based on a specific game.

So are they going to just re-tell Bioshock?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

There are pleanty of watchable movies based on games, but no good movies, but even the watchable ones are usually crap. Some could perhaps be considered good B movies heh, but for the most part they suck.

For me personally games based on movies for the most part tend to suck, and movies based on games tend to suck. A general rule, with the odd exception.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me