Working outdoors

Gentlemen, ladies....

Summer is here, and I for one am sick of being tied to a desk by the PC. I want to work outdoors in the sunshine. The objective before us is a solution that will let us use laptops and phones out of doors. Let's make it happen and see how many of us can get our bosses to spring for the kit. Viva life!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Any other ideas? I need to be able to install stuff like openofffice and analytical engines.

EDIT@ apparently it uses LCOS which is liquid crystal on silicon. Which lets you work outdoors. Now we need to find an ordinary laptop which uses the same tech....

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Interesting. You mean these Asus PCs?

Anyone have any comments one me getting one? Could be pretty tasty, and would suit my long commutes very well.

-Elwood Blues

Interesting. You mean these Asus PCs?

Anyone have any comments one me getting one? Could be pretty tasty, and would suit my long commutes very well.

you should look at the main website as well, for they now have three or four variations - including some that run windows if you know that the applications you need might not be compatible. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I badly want an EEE. Perfect for coding baby.

Still, my old Toshiba Tablet PC had a certain coating or something that made it anti-glare, Wals. I used it outside a lot. Point is, the technology is old and should be readily available.

So did it work well? I mean well enough to use on a nice summer's day?

-Elwood Blues