The Music Thread

Gorth

*mosh*

Niin olen min

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nakagawa Shouko - Sora Iro Days

Gurren Lagann OP :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Okkervil River ~ A King and a Queen

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

A simple but very emotional piece from Lost Odyssey.

Taken out of context, it may sound like nothing special, but considering within the scene it was used, it is superb. All other soundtrack composers, take notes! A simple piano and a female voice can do a lot more than a bombastic orchestra. Yes, i am looking at you, Jeremy Soule and alikes.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

A simple but very emotional piece from Lost Odyssey.

Taken out of context, it may sound like nothing special, but considering within the scene it was used, it is superb. All other soundtrack composers, take notes! A simple piano and a female voice can do a lot more than a bombastic orchestra. Yes, i am looking at you, Jeremy Soule and alikes.

That was very good and I agree with your notion - most Hollywood music manage to be just pompous and cliched when it's ment to be sad and/or emotional.

That piano part reminded me a lot of "Yume No Sukima" by Shiro Sagisu from EoE and this what I'm currently listening to:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

"Haibane Renmei", what kind of anime is that? (without getting too much offtopic)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Philosophical, post-death, "heaven" and redemption from suicide are all themes that are usually mentioned when writing about HaiRen.

Yasushi Ishii - Boddhisatva of the shrine

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

^Thank you

Opeth - Coil/Heir Apparent

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"Haibane Renmei", what kind of anime is that? (without getting too much offtopic)

It's most Yasujiro Ozuish work anime has ever produced

Heaven forbid but I quote Amazon review in here because it describes the show perfectly:

When you watch the first episode or two, you might think that you are in store for a light-hearted comedy like Azumanga Daioh... all the usual cute anime kids are there. But this is not a comedy. It gets deeper and darker, and you'll probably find yourself crying by the end. Although the AnimeNfo description makes it sound like some kind of a Matrix-style science fiction mystery, it really isn't. There's no Shyamalan-esque twist at the end with some dime-store revelation. It is much more of a spiritual and emotional journey that artfully plays on timeless themes of salvation, meaning, purpose, love, loss, and trust. In many ways it is a metaphor for our own experience: We come into this world from some unknown place, and try to figure out why we're here. Along the way, we have to say goodbye to people we love, knowing not where they are going, but certain that soon enough we ourselves will be following them, and having never really understood what anything was all about. And yet, we somehow find a meaning in all the confusion and sadness. I think that's what this series is about. And it's both saddening and uplifting, because that's what life is like.

If it wasn't for Gurren Lagann it would've been by far best anime I've seen in years, now the order between these two is not settled yet.

It is masterpiece

R.E.M - Imitation of Life

Edited by Xard

Earlier:

B

kirottu said:

Opeth - Coil/Heir Apparent

going to melbourne to see them in september :)

diary of dreams - the curse

Saw them last year, and i will (hopefully) go see them in july this year :)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Johnny Cash -- The Man Comes Around

This is one of those rare pieces of music that makes me wish I were a religious man (a little bit, anyway). That puts it in pretty select company-- Coltrane, Mingus, Bach...

Edited by Enoch

Pixies - Wave of Mutilation

Mael Mordha - Gealtacht Mael Mordha

\,,/

kirottu said:

Heard the new album yet?

Dead can dance - Black Sun

yep, i was staying at an ex girlfriends place and she'd preordered it, so i heard it the day it came out

dissection - thorns of crimson death

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!