The Music Thread

Gorth

Zomg, it's version by teh man himself :o

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

George Jones ~ The Race Is On

Well, the race is on

And here comes pride up the backstretch

Heartaches are goin' to the inside

No Show had some pretty bad ass songs

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

....Kirk Hammet, what the **** were you thinking when raping those Gilmour's guitarlines like that? :o

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Radiohead - Videotape

By far best song of In Rainbows

....Kirk Hammet, what the **** were you thinking when raping those Gilmour's guitarlines like that? :o

well that sucked for the most part

Pink Floyd - Meddle (entire cd) just to refresh my ears from that ^$&$^$^*&

Well, the race is on

Oh man, I remember singing along to that one on the radio when I was in middle school. Classic.

Warren Zevon - Gorilla, You're a Desperado

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

The other day a friend of mine and I were debating whether this was the funniest or most sad song ever written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGZWQGkNzc

Kings of Leon ~ Its My Party

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

David Gilmour - Near The End

Moonsorrow - For whom the bell tolls(cover)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, the race is on

Oh man, I remember singing along to that one on the radio when I was in middle school. Classic.

Didn't one of those new country loser artists cover than recently?

Kevin Devine -

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The other day a friend of mine and I were debating whether this was the funniest or most sad song ever written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGZWQGkNzc

Kings of Leon ~ Its My Party

"He's the Charlie Daniels of the torque wrench."

What a great line.

I had this one on tape back in the day:

Dwight Yoakam - A Thousand Miles from Nowhere

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Radiohead - Videotape

"All I Need" is better.

Springsteen-- Incident on 57th Street

He tried sellin' his heart to the hard girls over on Easy Street

But they sighed "Johnny it falls apart so easy and you know hearts these days are cheap"

Radiohead - Videotape

"All I Need" is better.

Bah, Videotape has best lyrics and its heartbreaking musical minimalism is astoundishing.

Overall In Rainbows is quite...meh. The guys mucked around for years, changed producer just for change's sake and what do they release? Bunch of half-baked songs of which some sounds more like demo takes than proper tracks, some of which are badly composed and many that are horribly arranged. Some tracks ruin their moments with boring, sucking, generic distortion walls and boring guitar tones. Yorke's melodies and singing tend to be quite good but sometimes they just blow so hard they manage to ruin otherwise average/listenable track e.g Bodysnatchers.

There are some great numbers in here, namely Weird Fishes/Arpeggi. Jigsaw Falling Into Place and of course Videotape. Other good numbers e.g All I need is merely good and would've been only worthy of single's B-Side in their prime.

Then again, it's not like they've released timeless classic since Ok Computer.

In Rainbows is still far better than snorefests called Hail to the thief and Pablo Honey, somewhat better than half-good Amnesiac and far below The Bends/Ok Computer/Kid A holy trinity

Radiohead - Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

This is another superb track from the very uneven and half-baked album

In Rainbows is still far better than snorefests called Hail to the thief and Pablo Honey, somewhat better than half-good Amnesiac and far below The Bends/Ok Computer/Kid A holy trinity
:) What different tastes in Radiohead exist :* I like Hail to the Thief, Ok Computer and Amnesiac better than Kid A for example (the albums as a whole, not individual songs)

gitane demone - stars of trash

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Well, I think Radiohead has two unbeliavably good albums - The Bends and Ok Computer. Rest isn't that important. Pablo Honey is ****, it is so mindnumbingly boring and predictable alt rock record. Kid A is very good though and Amnesiac isn't bad. It has more traditional and recognizable structures but apart from Pyramid Song (best Radiohead song ever, maybe :) ) and Knives Out rest is...well, very uneven. You and Whose Army plus I Might Be Wrong are ok too I guess.

Kid A however has The National Anthem (most hypnotic bass riff ever), How To Disappear Completely (beauuutiful), Optimistic and Idioteque ( :*:wub: :wub: ) which all are fantastic tracks. Treefingers is nice and most of the rest is ok too.

Hail to the Thief is just...gahh. 2+2=5 is another candidate for best Radiohead song, it is blast. There There is good and that...uhh, "sail us to the moooooon" track is ok too but otherwise... Gahh, plain suckage IMO. I'd give it two stars at most.

Pixies - Where is my mind?

For my part:

1) Kid A. Most satisfying Radiohead album to listen to, front to back.

2) OK. Highpoints: Airbag, Exit Music*, No Surprises

3) Bends. Highpoints: Planet Telex, Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit

4-5) Hail and Rainbows. I think Hail is under-appreciated. There There and Scatterbrain* stand up with their best work. The rest is uneven, but has its pleasures. Rainbows is really good from Weird Fishes on. The first 3 tracks are kind of dull, though, and Reckoner has potential but just doesn't seem quite finished to me. All I Need* is really pretty close to a perfect love song.

I'm leaving Amnesiac out because I haven't listened to it in a long time. I seem to have mislaid the CD before I got around to writing it on my new PC. Pablo has one very good track (Thinking About You) and one decent one (Stop Whispering).

*In the conversation for my favorite track of theirs, along with about half of Kid A.

Robert Johnson -- From 4 Until Late

What, no Just among their best? ;)

From Ok Computer my absolute favourites are Paranoid Android, Exit Music, Karma Police and No Surprises

Though for some reason Fitter Happier always moves me :)

Radiohead - The Bends

Edited by Xard

Radiohead - Just

You do it to yourself, you do...