Pictures of your games

Starting up MEPC again. Hopefully the new RAM along with the patch helps my frame rate issues. Here is my Shepherd!

post-17979-1218318607_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1218318662_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1218318696_thumb.jpg

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Well, I borrowed a copy of Crysis from a friend and found I could run it on a mixture of medium, high, and very high settings - still I drastically reduced the screen size and quality when running FRAPS (I'll have a video of the shark massacre up shortly). Anyways, I have decided that hunting sharks is the single highlight of the game, and thus I am very glad I did not buy a copy of it - although I might if I ever saw it for under $10. :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, I borrowed a copy of Crysis from a friend and found I could run it on a mixture of medium, high, and very high settings - still I drastically reduced the screen size and quality when running FRAPS (I'll have a video of the shark massacre up shortly). Anyways, I have decided that hunting sharks is the single highlight of the game, and thus I am very glad I did not buy a copy of it - although I might if I ever saw it for under $10. :ermm:

Shark Hunting? Sold! :ermm:

Well, I borrowed a copy of Crysis from a friend and found I could run it on a mixture of medium, high, and very high settings - still I drastically reduced the screen size and quality when running FRAPS (I'll have a video of the shark massacre up shortly). Anyways, I have decided that hunting sharks is the single highlight of the game, and thus I am very glad I did not buy a copy of it - although I might if I ever saw it for under $10. :lol:

Shark Hunting? Sold! :ermm:

And here's the video! :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The punching was just to get the boat into position, it's really a prop that has no motor -any of the "real" boats would be fired at by the destroyers- and you have to either shoot one end of it or punch it out to sea. The sharks are really nothing more than a semi-clever way to prevent people from hitting the level's invisible wall while swimming; I was using an exploit to hunt them. ;)

-Hurlshot

Well, I borrowed a copy of Crysis from a friend and found I could run it on a mixture of medium, high, and very high settings - still I drastically reduced the screen size and quality when running FRAPS (I'll have a video of the shark massacre up shortly). Anyways, I have decided that hunting sharks is the single highlight of the game, and thus I am very glad I did not buy a copy of it - although I might if I ever saw it for under $10. ;)

You didn't like the tank battle and the moutian exploding? I though there was pretty good visceral intensity to that section.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You didn't like the tank battle and the moutian exploding? I though there was pretty good visceral intensity to that section.

Not really, I thought those parts were well done but nothing out of the ordinary. ;)

-Hurlshot

Thread pruned a bit... ;)

Sorry guys, the profanity thing *does* apply to pictures.

Give them the black ink treatment in MS Paint or whatever next time?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Amazing flying mount chase scene!

Also, WoW is beatiful when it wants to.

post-14024-1219187630_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1219187641_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1219187652_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1219187663_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1219187681_thumb.jpg

post-14024-1219187713_thumb.jpg

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

WoW is beatiful when it wants to.

If you say so, it still looked way too cartoon-like and colorful for my tastes... o:)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

They should redo the graphics engine of the game to be more gritty, more realistic, in its presentation. Something like Mass Effect or Half Life 2.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

They should redo the graphics engine of the game to be more gritty, more realistic, in its presentation. Something like Mass Effect or Half Life 2.

I really hope that's sarcasm.

People who complain about the WoW art style remind me of someone who would argue that Monet should try harder to paint like Van Gogh. Not everything needs to be gritty.

From a technical standpoint WoW's graphics are amazing. They look good on a computer that is 10 years old. And I have always liked the style, WoW is supposed to be cartoony and over the top, depends on your taste I guess.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

People who complain about the WoW art style remind me of someone who would argue that Monet should try harder to paint like Van Gogh. Not everything needs to be gritty.

I just think that cartoony graphics is on the lame side on the coolness scale.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I just think that cartoony graphics is on the lame side on the coolness scale.

Try

, I think you're gonna love it.
20795.jpg