Pictures of your games

I so want to play that game, but time and money does not permit yet.

Your char looks cool, Ros. How's the game?

It's both really good and not so good.

There are some severe balance and quality issues - the starter island (from 1 - 19) is very polished, but quite repetitive. Once you arrive in the "real" world suddenly only the most important characters have spoken voices, while this is understandable (that would be like a zillion spoken lines or something), I wasn't prepared and was a little disappointed at the silence.

My friends, who are quite some levels ahead of me, tell me many items, quests and elements are broken.

But the idead behind the game, the story and the setting are cool. The battlekeeps/cities and siege battles are interesting, they are starting to happen more, but so far they are also somewhat broken.

I guess it's starter problems and so far the fun have greatly outweighed the problems. As they balance the game and start fixing the major holes, the game is only gonna be more fun.

So I highly recommend it! but with small warning - don't expect wonders - it's a work-in-progress.

Fortune favors the bald.

I have three characters at level 20 in Age of Conan, but I've really struggled to get into the larger gameworld. Still, the starter island is like a very well done single player game, and I think it's worth the price of admission.

I didn't find the story that interesting, but it is like an ok 15 hour singleplayer game.

I just had to go through it twice, which kinda annoyed me. I very much wanted to see the mainland.

Fortune favors the bald.

I also got talked into giving AoC a try, and while the setting is quite refreshing and interesting, I just don't think it will retain a very large player base.

AoC is setting itself up as a large scale pvp/siege game, but currently there is a huge class balance problem and funcom is being very bad about communicating their intentions toward players. So what this means is we are seeing very random appearing changes with the twice weekly updates, leaving people very confused about the whole thing.

I did like the first 1-20 zone, it's no challenge to MotB or Mass Effect story wise but it's a nice introduction to the world. The problem is that once you get out of the zone the game almost immediately turns into little more than a random grind with only brief glimpses of any overarching storyline, it was something of a letdown for me.

The graphics look very nice, particulary the player characters/npcs and water effects. The combat graphics are ok, fatalities are pretty cool though.

The actual combat, which is a good 70% of the game are a little weird, melee moves involve combos, which are similar to street fighter or mortal kombat actions, you choose a combo and then have to hit certain attack direction keys in sequence to execute the combo. It's pretty easy and intuitive, but spellcasters just hit a button and frontload their damage, so in many ways ranged has quite the advantage due to not having to press upwards of 5 keypresses to use their abilities.

All in all it's not a bad game, I like it as something to try for awhile, but I will not be renewing my subscription. If funcom manages to balance things and get the pvp siege thing going AoC could turn out quite well. But it's just not my thing.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I also got talked into giving AoC a try, and while the setting is quite refreshing and interesting, I just don't think it will retain a very large player base.

I don't know about that, it's one of the quickest selling games ever and had devoted followers since 2005

just got AoC myself btw

Edited by Bokishi

I never saw that. Where do you find that? :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Ahh, thanks :)

DX is great game - you always miss something

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

My favorite weapon.

Your running Quad SLI for that???

Oh now you say something about our uber system.

Sure why not? Actually he uses it mostly for his games like Crysis or whatever its name is, HL2, CoD4 and other shooters.

Bloodlines on that system, there is no such thing as slow down. It moves along smoothly now.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.

That's the second encounter with Death in the game, in a derelict pirate/phantom ship. I haven't been able to take a picture of it's second form - a more traditional skeleton in a ragged cowl and using a scythe, as opposed to the mysterious figure you're seeing - which is pretty hard if you're underequipped with ammo for the subweapon. If you've played the lousy attempt of a port on the SNES - Castlevania: Dracula X/Vampire's Kiss - it's the same Death you confront atop the Clock Tower level. Only in Rondo, it's quite more deadly.

post-64-1214661602_thumb.jpg

I like it so far, i switched my character over to a female since I got tired of staring at a guy in a bikini. However since this is my first mmorpg I've got nothing else to compare it to. yeah I almost didn't buy it because I saw it looking ugly in other people's screenshots, but it turns out they were running it on low. When you max it out it's like your playing a mmorpg with oblivion graphics

I like it so far, i switched my character over to a female since I got tired of staring at a guy in a bikini. However since this is my first mmorpg I've got nothing else to compare it to. yeah I almost didn't buy it because I saw it looking ugly in other people's screenshots, but it turns out they were running it on low. When you max it out it's like your playing a mmorpg with oblivion graphics

woah, mmorpg? DO youhave to subscrive, or is it free to play? agh. Never did get in to mmorpg.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig