The Force Unleashed Vs The KOTOR's

Ok, people have complained about KOTOR's combat system, when most of those people are Episode 3 or Battle Front. Now those games are about as fun as you can throw them. they dont last long, thats what seperates the KOTORs apart. People have been talking about how cool The Force Unleashed will be, which I don't doubt will be fun. For aslong as the game lasts on the first play through. I sense NO replayabillity at all, A KOTOR 3 would have been much more appreciated. KOTOR 3 would blow away any competition, and I dont sense it coming anytime this year or the beginning of next year. Why? Cause George is smart, he will release a game... and wait to release another. Why hasn't he taken the time to read a forum or 2. Because obviously people have been dying for KOTOR 3... and he sits backs and releases a hack/and slash. The Force Unleashed will be fun, but it won't satisfy everyones apetite for a RPG. Hack and Slashes are so one sided, they have like 2 possible endings... and are fairly easy to beat. But I Would like to hear everyones thoughts and ideas...

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Different games, different approach to them.

I've played both KOTORs many times but once in while I also enjoy playing a jedi knight. In KOTOR you just don't get the feeling of hacking and slashing as in these games (you can't cut off arms or stab someone with your lightsaber) :p .

But yeah games like JK and FU tend to be more boring than KOTOR which has an actual story in the game and not simply some missions.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

My kids and I have really been looking forward to The Force Unleased since we first heard about it after getting our Wii last year. I have no doubt that it won't have any of the replayability of KOTOR for me, but I know my son will just adore it. Especially the dueling part for Wii.

It's the first game I've ever considered pre-ordering, really... of course, I won't even have to consider that option for whenever they get around to making / releasing K3... I'll have to schedule that week off work... :D

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I agree that TFU will be a fun game, but I'm not DIEING to play it, like I would be K3. It's going to have pretty graphics, a great story, and loads of fun force powers. But as of right now, I'm still planning on only renting it. Not even compairable to the KotORs, since I've bought both on xbox and PC. I'm mostly looking forward to it because it's a new Star Wars game, and the last new Star Wars game I played was Lego Star Wars TCS, and this has GOT to be bettter than that. Do I think it will be as good as the KotORs? No. But we'll see, won't we? Can't really compare the 2 yet, when nobody's even played TFU.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

No comparison, for me. If I haven't played any of the kotors, and I had $90 to buy a game, I would buy KoTOR 1-2 and some take-away, rather than TFU. Personal opinion, but I really don't think TFU has anything besides catchy graphics, which most games have these days.

Well...if anybody wants an action game with great story...or D20 RPG with great action gameplay...

he/she is usually asking too much.

Not at all, both area very achievable concepts

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I agree that TFU will be a fun game, but I'm not DIEING to play it, like I would be K3. It's going to have pretty graphics, a great story, and loads of fun force powers. But as of right now, I'm still planning on only renting it. Not even compairable to the KotORs, since I've bought both on xbox and PC. I'm mostly looking forward to it because it's a new Star Wars game, and the last new Star Wars game I played was Lego Star Wars TCS, and this has GOT to be bettter than that. Do I think it will be as good as the KotORs? No. But we'll see, won't we? Can't really compare the 2 yet, when nobody's even played TFU.

From what I've heard TFU isn't coming out for PC, which seriously hampers their income from the game in my opinion...

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Given the current state of the PC market vs the amount of money MS and Sony are willing to spend so gain market dominence, not to mention porting costs and engine/technology licensing fees, chances are LA could make more money NOT releasing it for PC.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

KOTOR, I love more playing the Old Republic era than living in a new one that we know everything about. I'm addicted to the KOTOR gameS (yes, both). But I'm missing one function, you can't slit someone arms' of or hurt them with your lightsaber. It isn't self controlled... Like cut through a door, but everything else.. GREAT!

TSLRCM, the mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about:

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Mainly wish that there was at least an option to play as a female character. It's pretty well acknowledged that there is a female gamer market these days so it's a shame when widely hyped games, as this will be, don't have the option for a female character. Never played Fable or The Witcher for the same reason. I was interested in the engine (always been a fan of Force Powers over the Lightsaber), but probably won't be getting it. Especially if it isn't released for the PC, consoles are too expensive and don't have enough good games anymore to be worth it. Would much prefer KotOR III (provided LucasArts doesn't butcher it again with unrealistic release dates).

If you seriously let the choice of gender limit you in a game genre as asexual as 3rd person action games...I mean, you can just about imagine the main character being female, seeing as he has just about no characterization. Force Unleashed is not a roleplaying game, you could just as well be playing a robot with force powers who is just called "Vader's apprentice" ffs.

Don't let the lack of choice in terms of gender limit you, I'm sure the game would play identically no matter if the character model had boobs or not. Just enjoy the storm trooper mayhem!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

True role-players aren't afraid of the additional challenge provided by playing a character of the opposite gender. Especially if the character's model is hot and homosexual romances are present.

20795.jpg

I wonder why that is. Female gamers actually do that time to time, but male gamers...well, they just don't care

You feel persecuted because most game protagonists are male or what? ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Come to think of it in many games we have female heroes.

Tomb Raider is obiously the first that comes in mind, but we also have females

on Bloodrayne and Resident Evil (Mila :shifty: ).

So maybe we should feel surpized that in the FU they've chosen a male protagonist.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I wonder why that is. Female gamers actually do that time to time, but male gamers...well, they just don't care

You feel persecuted because most game protagonists are male or what? :shifty:

No, Xard, my own personal thing is that I can put myself into the character's place a lot easier if the character is female. I shall never understand men completely, and trying to pretend I'm one, even in a game, is some-what rediculous for me. This makes a game that has female options more immersive, IMO. Especially if they throw in any kind of a romance sup-plot. It has nothing to do with persecution, at least for me. Just makes it a better experience for me all-around.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Let me see - these are what I can think of off the top of my head.

Culpa Innata

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

The Longest Journey

Kot0R I*

Kot0R II*

Baldur's Gate I*

Baldur's Gate II*

Oblivion*

Morrowind*

Neverwinter Nights I*

Neverwinter Nights II*

Beyond Good and Evil

Deus Ex*

Fatal Frame sereis

Eternal Darkness

Metroid series

Mirror's Edge

Parasite Eve

Portal

Secret Files

Still Life

Bloodlines*

Tomb Raider series

Et Al.

*Both male and female

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

No, Xard, my own personal thing is that I can put myself into the character's place a lot easier if the character is female. I shall never understand men completely, and trying to pretend I'm one, even in a game, is some-what rediculous for me. This makes a game that has female options more immersive, IMO. Especially if they throw in any kind of a romance sup-plot. It has nothing to do with persecution, at least for me. Just makes it a better experience for me all-around.

I can see where you're coming from on that, you probably just need some exterior prodding. Start the game as you usually would except for the choosing a male character. Turn off your cell phone, close all the windows in your house until the air is nice and stale. Turn off all the lights. Now you're gonna need like 6-10 hrs. straight game play only stopping to scratch yourself, to "vigorously scratch yourself " and maybe comment on how none of the female NPC giggle quite right. Do not bathe. Continue on like this until you really start hating yourself and then play alot more. Your life should start drifting away from you now. After a bit you should be totally immersed in the male role playing experience. Good luck.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Deus Ex*

*Both male and female

"whoops"

JC is male

He probably meant Invisible War.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 3 weeks later...

i 've seen many trailers of T.F.U. and i believe that it will a terrific game ! the graphics ,the characters ,the planets and finally we will be introduced to the mysteries with took place between ep. 3 and ep. 4 and BLAH ,BLAH ,BLAH ..... there is no way this game will overthrow the KotOR SERIES !!!!

believe me !