Star Wars battles

Everything

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

To be fair, Anakin had no choice, since otherwise there would've been no Vader .... harhar....

But mostly, what went wrong with Anakin was he couldn't let go of his fears ... particularly the fear of being left alone.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And it wasn't really Obi-Wan's fault, but he should have been trained by someone else, a little more experienced. How good do you think Qui-Gon may have been?

Twitter | @Insevin

And it wasn't really Obi-Wan's fault, but he should have been trained by someone else, a little more experienced. How good do you think Qui-Gon may have been?

Qui-Gon was a very good Jedi master no doubt about that, Obi-Wan was more....modern in a sense, and he saw Anakin more as a friend than a apprentice...however Obi-Wan was still wise and couldn't really do much with Anakins whole reckless behaviour, I don't really think it would've changed the outcome unless Mace Windu trained him. Gotta love Mace

He probably shouldn't have been trained in the first place - too old w/too much emotional baggage & anger already in place. Doesn't matter who he was apprenticed to...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

He probably shouldn't have been trained in the first place - too old w/too much emotional baggage & anger already in place. Doesn't matter who he was apprenticed to...

Yeah, probably. Obi-Wan didn't really even like the idea of taking Anakin but Qui-Gon wanted to, and so it was done.

Twitter | @Insevin

Yes it brought it down. Mistakes and everything else as well. If only some of the clones could have been convinced to join the jedi, rather than blindly follow orders, things could have been different. I hate Jango Fett and his damn clones.

Twitter | @Insevin

Hey- whats the best space battle ever (movies, comics, games, w/e)?

I dont know much besides a couple games and the movies, so I say Courscant space battle (clone wars)

Twitter | @Insevin

I am particularly thinking of Anakin's battle inside himself with the dark side, and his final failure. What when wrong?...

He didn't have the high ground!

catstarwarsbu5.jpg

Apart from that, he suffered from bad company (Palpatine) which preyed on his weaknesses, by convincing him that he was more than the rest. Something insecure people love to hear.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes it brought it down. Mistakes and everything else as well. If only some of the clones could have been convinced to join the jedi, rather than blindly follow orders, things could have been different. I hate Jango Fett and his damn clones.

I never liked Mandolorians either.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

If only some of the clones could have been convinced to join the jedi, rather than blindly follow orders, things could have been different. I hate Jango Fett and his damn clones.

I would not say that Jango is to blame, nor would I say the majority of the clones are responsible. Only the first batch of elite soldiers had the ability to disobey orders, and, according to the Extended Universe, several groups did just that when they were told to fire on their commanders. Of course, the entire war, and the creation of the clone army, was engineered to bring Palps to a position of supreme power - a status that he used to cement his authority after the war was over. You must hand it to the guy, he really had almost all of the bases covered. The only thing that could have significantly disrupted his plans wold have been the defection of Vader, as Mace Windu would have killed him in his office - or at least that is what I gather would have happened after reviewing the book and movie. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

On the subject of Anakin's fall, Palpatine's speech about influencing the Midichlorians to create life sort of imply that Anakin was created for this purpose and thus was sort of predisposed to it.

I thought it was because of everyone being pissed off over Anakin's Jesus birth

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...
How can you hate the mando's? without them most of the galaxy wouldn't be the same. They were fierce battle ready warrior's whats not to like about them?

cause they degenerated into weaklings.

thier old wolves that try to fight with out fangs. in other words there fools bound to fighting evan into old age, because that's all they know.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

i believe anakin should never have been trained ... even obi-wan sensed that this kid [anakin ep. 1] is a great danger, i don't want to blame qui-gon , it wasn't his fault after all ... palpadine is the one that must be blamed! well if anakin hadn't fall in love with Padme' but this are just theories ... if only he hadn't stopped Mace Windu ... at least Louk saved him ...

Edited by exile025

i believe anakin should never have been trained ... even obi-wan sensed that this kid [anakin ep. 1] is a great danger, i don't want to blame qui-gon , it wasn't his fault after all ... palpatine is the one that must be blamed! well if anakin hadn't fall in love with Padame' but this are just theories ... if only he hadn't stopped Mace Windu ... at least Luke saved him ...

Yes.

Yeah, probably. Obi-Wan didn't really even like the idea of taking Anakin but Qui-Gon wanted to, and so it was done.

Twitter | @Insevin

AnakinVsObiWanAni.gif

I am particularly thinking of Anakin's battle inside himself with the dark side, and his final failure. What when wrong?...

What went wrong is he was manipulated by Emperor Palpatine.

Not to mention the fact that if it was not for Quin-Gon this would never have happened. :grin:

Edited by For The Republic

The problem is that Anakin is a complete doofus. He's getting so obviously played by Palpatine without seeing it, and it isn't surprising that he falls in the end because you can see from a mile away that this dude is bad news.

He is arrogant, creepy and easily offended. The biggest problem for me with how Anakin was handled in the prequels is that I as a viewer feel no sympathy whatsoever for this guy, so ultimately I feel no remorse whatsoever when he ends up with the bad guys.

It's just "meh," especially the way the actual fall was done. Lucas stacked the films with clumsy hints of Anakin's "dark side," yet he somehow managed to make the actual fall feel like the result of a coin flip.

And he still tries to sell Anakin's fall as an act of skewed good in order to save Padm

Edited by Checkpoint

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God