NHL

Wow, part 9. This is an amazing thread.

Sharks try to stave off elimination again tonight.

66 years ago a team came back from a 3-0 deficit and took the series.

33 years ago the second team overcame the same deficit.

I'm just saying...

Wow, part 9. This is an amazing thread.

Sharks try to stave off elimination again tonight.

66 years ago a team came back from a 3-0 deficit and took the series.

33 years ago the second team overcame the same deficit.

I'm just saying...

Who was the last team to blow a 3-0 lead? Just saying...

Boo Penguins!

That's kinda my point, it was 33 years ago that a team blew a 3 game lead. It was the 1975 Islanders that won it, I don't know who it was against. Before that it was 1942 and the Toronto Maple Leafs pulled it off.

So really, someone is due for blowing a 3-0 lead. It's been 33 years. The Sharks and the Rangers have a chance to take advantage of this statistical loophole.

That's kinda my point, it was 33 years ago that a team blew a 3 game lead. It was the 1975 Islanders that won it, I don't know who it was against. Before that it was 1942 and the Toronto Maple Leafs pulled it off.

So really, someone is due for blowing a 3-0 lead. It's been 33 years. The Sharks and the Rangers have a chance to take advantage of this statistical loophole.

*cough* Last team to do that comeback was New York Islanders. Last team to blow the lead was the Pittsburgh Penguins *cough*

:p

I don't want to sound bitter or anything but that puck off Morrow's skate should have been a goal imo. Oh well.

+1

But it's more fun this way. The refs are a part of the game too! Sometimes you catch the breaks, sometimes you just want to kill them.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Now would be a good time for a winning streak. If MTL loses to Philly... Nope, bad thoughts, Montreal WON'T lose to Philly. *brainwashes himself*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, but it showed early. The Flyers played better all series. I don't know where they (Flyers) get that intensity from! Sometimes they remind me of the Red Army back in the eighties (obviously not as skilled), the way they keep coming and coming and coming, always having a guy with speed coming into the puck zone. It's pretty fun to watch, even though I am no big Philly fan.. to put it lightly.

Yeah, but it showed early. The Flyers played better all series. I don't know where they (Flyers) get that intensity from! Sometimes they remind me of the Red Army back in the eighties (obviously not as skilled), the way they keep coming and coming and coming, always having a guy with speed coming into the puck zone. It's pretty fun to watch, even though I am no big Philly fan.. to put it lightly.

I don't know what series you were watching, but the Flyers didn't play better all series. What they did do, was they managed to capitalize on most of their scoring chances, something that Montreal couldn't seem to do. That's what was so frustrating as a Habs fan watching this series. I lost track of the number of times that the Habs had 2-3 solid minutes of puck control in the Flyers end only to have Biron make a great save and get it out to a Flyer and then they would go in and score on the rush.

The Flyers were badly outshot and outchanced all series long, but because Montreal couldn't bury their chances when they had them, the lost the series. Part of the problem was that they were letting Biron see just about everything, but even when they had him clearly beaten they would fan on the shot, or miss the open net completely.

Bottom line:

PHI > MTL and PIT > NYR

Grats Philly! All this shows is that montreal was absolutely dumb to to give away Huet and stick with the rookie. They got what theyd eserve losing to an 'inferior' team and barely beating another 'inferior' team...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bottom line:

PHI > MTL and PIT > NYR

Grats Philly! All this shows is that montreal was absolutely dumb to to give away Huet and stick with the rookie. They got what theyd eserve losing to an 'inferior' team and barely beating another 'inferior' team...

Giving up on New York? At least wait till the series is over!

What did the Caps send back for Huet?

A bag of pucks- I mean a second round pick.

I don't know what series you were watching, but the Flyers didn't play better all series. What they did do, was they managed to capitalize on most of their scoring chances, something that Montreal couldn't seem to do. That's what was so frustrating as a Habs fan watching this series. I lost track of the number of times that the Habs had 2-3 solid minutes of puck control in the Flyers end only to have Biron make a great save and get it out to a Flyer and then they would go in and score on the rush.

The Flyers were badly outshot and outchanced all series long, but because Montreal couldn't bury their chances when they had them, the lost the series. Part of the problem was that they were letting Biron see just about everything, but even when they had him clearly beaten they would fan on the shot, or miss the open net completely.

Yeah, well, I guess that depends on how you see it. You might think puck control is playing better (a la Detroit), which is usually correct. But, as you also mention, Montreal (and mostly the Kostitsyn brothers) can hold the puck for as long as they want as long as they never manage to get the puck into a dangerous zone. Philly's defenders managed to push Montreal out into the corners and/or force them to shoot from the blue line without a screen. And every time Philadelphia countered, they were dangerous. They found a hole (high, glove hand side) on the rookie Price and they used it ruthlessly. I couldn't believe they kept playing Price for so long, even after he'd been solved!

And the Flyers may have been outshot (which they were, badly), but I strongly disagree with them being outchanced! Montreal were so toothless. Philly got them exactly where they wanted them all series long.

..or not.

Better luck next year, Magical Volo!!

edit: If Hossa scores another series winner in this seasons' playoffs, it may be enough for me to change my 'playoff choker' label

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.