Male/Female  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Revan

• Male
    • Female
  2. 2. The Exile

• Male
    • Female

Now I know that according to whats canon, Revan is a male and The Exile is a female, but since its always an option for every game I was wondering how you guys play?

I always go with a female Revan and a female Exile. ( I think I may be biased :) )

Edited by Brittany

I can't really vote because I've played K2 with both male and female, (though I prefer female) and I'm currently playing through K1 as a male for the first time. I can say I already like Bastila better. So it could be I prefer playing K1 as male in the long run. But then, Carth is just so much fun to tease... :)

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Never finished Kotor1, but the game I started I picked female.

Kotor2 I was always female. I tried to play as male to see the other options, like w/Handmaiden, but then hubby played the game and I watched him play instead...

I don't mind a male chr. and have used one many times in many games, but I tend to prefer playing the same gender as myself, if given a choice.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Male/Male :wowey:

I am bad at (role)playing females.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Male/Male :(

I am bad at (role)playing females.

haha, that does make sense. I always have a hard time playing as a male because I'm a female and I can't seem to get into that mind frame. I've tried several times to play through KOTOR as a male and I never even make it off Taris! :wowey: I've never tried TSL as a male but I think I might just to get Brianna for once. :)

The odd thing is that I find it *much* easier to play dark side as a male. Not that I've ever finished a dark side game, but I've made it a hell of a lot further with my male exile than my female. For one thing, the females get so damned UGLY when they start to go darkside... it's really disturbing. But probably it's just that I don't identify with the main character quite as much so I can go ahead and say all those horribly out of character (for me) evil things.

Male and male.

I've played female in both games, but the male versions make for better plot IMHO. Somehow Revan dropping his guard, giving Bastila the option to kill, just to prove that he trusts in her and their love for each other is more poignant than "remember the Jedi Code, Bastila".

In TSL, I think the female version of events suffers. Atris' fall is has less impact, because it's harder to see why she respected the female so much, while she was in love with the male exile, and that love was perverted over the years. It also makes for a better dramatic triangle once Handmaiden gets involved. Instead of Atris, female exile gets Sion as a "lost love interest", which is completely out of the blue with no explanation whatsoever, and so bad storytelling IMHO. Mical has good points to make (in his own sanctimonious ways), but overall I think Handmaiden adds more to the story plotwise.

I'll agree with you on K1, but I completely disagree on TSL. Yes, you're right the Atris story doesn't make nearly as much sense. But you do get Kavar, which has a lot of interesting implications and I honestly love the Sion connection. It's very interesting and I didn't think it came out of nowhere. It comes from the same place all the other connections do. And I believe that the force bond connections with everyone work much, much better with a female exile than a male.

I will agree that Mical doesn't add much, but I would like to think that he could have if they'd known how to write him better... or given him a different accent.

I'll agree with you on K1, but I completely disagree on TSL. Yes, you're right the Atris story doesn't make nearly as much sense. But you do get Kavar, which has a lot of interesting implications and I honestly love the Sion connection. It's very interesting and I didn't think it came out of nowhere. It comes from the same place all the other connections do. And I believe that the force bond connections with everyone work much, much better with a female exile than a male.

I will agree that Mical doesn't add much, but I would like to think that he could have if they'd known how to write him better... or given him a different accent.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. :wacko: I thought the Sion love/hate thing was interesting and it made sense to me. I like the idea of Mical but his character was pretty bland in the game. He has great potential for a LS hero but unfortunately he fell short of that, IMO.

Guest The Architect

Yeah male and male for me...

Male and male.

I've played female in both games, but the male versions make for better plot IMHO. Somehow Revan dropping his guard, giving Bastila the option to kill, just to prove that he trusts in her and their love for each other is more poignant than "remember the Jedi Code, Bastila".

It would've been better if as female Revan it wasn't possible to redeem Bastila. I mean all this redemption that seems to be going around these days makes the saying that the corrupting, consuming power of the dark side, is an exaggerated load of crap. Not that I'm completely against the theme of redemption in Star Wars or anything, but I would prefer strong reasoning for returning to the light over something as weak as Bastila's possible return to the LS option in K1 playing as female Revan was.

In TSL, I think the female version of events suffers. Atris' fall is has less impact, because it's harder to see why she respected the female so much, while she was in love with the male exile, and that love was perverted over the years. It also makes for a better dramatic triangle once Handmaiden gets involved. Instead of Atris, female exile gets Sion as a "lost love interest", which is completely out of the blue with no explanation whatsoever, and so bad storytelling IMHO. Mical has good points to make (in his own sanctimonious ways), but overall I think Handmaiden adds more to the story plotwise.

QFA. :wacko:

Cos that`s one of the still "socialy acceptable" gender stereotypes? Men be emotional cavemen an women be very sensual you know *ugh* *ugh* heh.

Confusing, yea, and noone can explain it to you, you painstackenly pick it up over the years.

But we can start you off with some basic tips: never EVER suggest it feels more natural playing male if going guardian cos insane damage kinda looks better with closet wide chests&shoulders or that Revan was better male, since the StarForge robes make the femail version look fat. :)

:shifty:

Edited by Brdavs

I usually switch genders (yep) each time I replay these games, mostly because I tend to play a certain type of character (non melee combat) since I think combat is not fun enough to focus on. So different genders tend to bring out a bit of replayability at least. But yeah, I thought playing a female in KOTOR2 was a bit sucky since you miss out on the Handmaiden and her connection to Atris. Disciple has some qualities, but is really rather bland and feels "tacked on" to the game, while the Handmaiden feels like a natural part of it.

But it's also because I find the confrontations with Atris to be among the best parts of KOTOR2, and not having the Handmaiden along makes it a bit less interesting.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

And I believe that the force bond connections with everyone work much, much better with a female exile than a male.

Why?

Ok, I've been thinking long and hard for a good response to this question and I haven't really come up with one. Maybe brdavs is right, maybe it's just a stereotypical thing, but it just seems *much* more plausible to me. I guess I can't imagine a male exile really being able to hold that crew together. The women would be cat fighting and the men wouldn't really give a ****. But it probably has a lot to do with the way I interpret the character as much as anything.

Honestly, I didn't like Handmaiden much, or Atris at all. That's probably because they didn't fit into my interpretation of the whole story once I'd played through female. And I really missed the Kavar and Sion interactions when I played male.

Cos that`s one of the still "socialy acceptable" gender stereotypes? Men be emotional cavemen an women be very sensual you know *ugh* *ugh* heh.

I believe the word you're looking for is "sexist". Go on, you can say it.

Because you're right that I (being male) would be accused of being sexist if I were to suggest that jedi guardian fits best with a male character.

Actually, I think y'all are right about the Guardian comment... that's probably part of why I don't like Handmaiden... she's a little too butch for my tastes...

:p

I guess I can't imagine a male exile really being able to hold that crew together. The women would be cat fighting and the men wouldn't really give a ****.

Yeah, you are going by the aforementioned stereotyped male caveman - "Me Ug, Ug not care for anything other then food and humping things." If that is true, then why cannot the female Exile be this: "Oh my, I just chipped my nail polish! Now let's stop our quest for a tea party and get manicures!" Both versions are equally insulting and unreasonable.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

...that's probably part of why I don't like Handmaiden... she's a little too butch for my tastes...

Actually, I have no problem with that - I have a friend who is a squat, long, brown haired version of her. what I mean is, Izzy actively practices about five martial arts, has done three more off-and-on, and plays competitive paintball. :p

Edit:

Izzy is on the right:

l_fd3cab50d804cdb2935d4ba7a8dcf5fc.jpg

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Females for both. I usually have an all female party, except for HK-47.

Manhater :lol:

And remember boys, you have to be male for it to be sexist lol!

All joking aside, never told my preference. Male/male. Can`t roleplay as enjoyably as a female for some strange reason.

The "better than watching male bum" argument doesnt quite clinch the deal since you cant really say females have overly awsome behinds. Mission in certain armor allways reminded me of my mum. 14years old bum looking like a woman in 50s is just wrong heh.

Edited by Brdavs

canon genders

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.