Favorite place?

Favorite places?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite places from K1?

• Endar spire
    • Taris
    • Dantooine
    • Tatoonie
    • Kashyyyk
    • Manaan
    • Korriban
    • Leviathan
    • Unknown world
    • Star Forge
  2. 2. What are your favorite places from K2?

• Peragus
    • Telos Citadel
    • Telos
    • Nar Shaddaa
    • Duxn
    • Onderon
    • Dantooine
    • Korriban
    • Ravager
    • Malacore V

KotOR1

Endar Spire - 3/5 - As a tutorial level, its nothing special.

Taris - 4/5 - First times always the longest

Dantooine - 3/5 - K2 version beats K1

Tatooine - 4/5 - Excellent, but constant loading for every building in Anchorhead is annoying though. Visiting Luke's eventual hometown is pretty sweet though.

Kashyyyk - 3.5/5 - I hate fighting Bandon here, the Rakata P/C is kind of WTF!?

Manaan - 4/5 - I think the most complex as far as places to go and things to do, excellent

Korriban - 4/5 - the tombs are most interesting, as a LS-er don't care to much for posing as a Sith

Leviathan - 4/5 - beats Ravanger hands down

Unknown World- 3.5/5 - mildly retarded, weak, unfun dark jedi within temple

Star Forge - 4/5 - death star beats it, but except for nothing more than Malak as the boss, not bad

KotOR2TSL

Peragus Mining Facility - 4/5 - a bit overkill for first real level, didn't trust* HK-50 from start

Telos Citadel - 3/5 - the Sith boarding wasn't bad, painful layout but interesting nonetheless

Telos - 3/5 - I hate that droid tank, Czerka guy is a dumb***

Nar Shaddaa - 4/5 - contrary to popular opinion my view of this dump is, and added a yoda bum they should have. I bet cut content hurt this world. I liked the POS Coruscant look though.

Onderon - 4.5/5 - With Duxn, I love this place. Looks like Naboo doesn't it?

Duxn - 4/5 - Hate jungle, love Mandalorian base and sith tomb.

Dantooine - 4.5/5 - Just awesome. Kills K1 version.

Korriban - 3/5 - lame due to cut content perhaps?

Ravanger - 2.5/5 - Nihilus is very bad boss (err hrr grr) Ship looks like the stone age as well. Mandalorian guy over the radio - WTF? When you get there, its like nothing had really happened.

Malachor V - 3.5/5 - don't know what to make of it. Not that great, though. Cut content I hate you.

:thumbsup:

*=edit

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

i'm asuming it was just an excuse to include the turret minigame (which everyone seemed to think was really hard in K1)

i thought it was too easy :thumbsup:

Thanks to Scorchy, I just let all 25 board the Ebon Hawk and kill them there. Less fun that way, but more XP. Oh, and for those of you that haven't read the whole thing I command you to do so now: Let's Play KotOR II.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

From the first game Korriban is my favorite place. I love being blindingly lightside and running around such a dark place and nobody seems to notice. Heh.

I like Dantooine for roleplaying purposes, but Dxun is my favorite. Mandalorians and rain effects, how good is that? :thumbsup:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

i'm asuming it was just an excuse to include the turret minigame (which everyone seemed to think was really hard in K1)

i thought it was too easy :lol:

Thanks to Scorchy, I just let all 25 board the Ebon Hawk and kill them there. Less fun that way, but more XP. Oh, and for those of you that haven't read the whole thing I command you to do so now: Let's Play KotOR II.

Offtopic - your signature is disturbing in every possible way :lol:

Oh and I must say that I think the Tomb of Freedon Nadd was one of my favourite places in K2 by far. The Trayus academy was fun - but too much battle and too little dialogue in it, hopefully TSLRP will restore everything there.

Korriban was also one of my favourites, when you fight in your past, present and future - was damn fun :lol:

Edited by Rycal

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I never understood all the crying about selkath or whatever they are... I actually find their alien voice amongst the least annoying ones since it`s the least distinguishable. With rodians etc etc you can pick up the patern of the basic what 5 lines pritty fast and it... gets... so... goddam... old.

Maanan would have won k1 for me was it not for the underwater part. Politics and trials were quite fun actually. As such its a runner up to Taris wich without a doubt had the most genuine "real city planet" feel in both k1&2 to it. If they ever do a k3 and a courascant they better take a page out of the Taris book and burn the Naar Shaada one as far as ambiance and NPCs go.

Edited by Brdavs

Selkath and least annoying in one sentance??

I wanted to slaughter them all :devil:, but unfortunately there wasn't such a choice in the game.

They even dared to death sentence me. :bat:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I liked the selkath. They were all shiney, which was pretty impressive when KotOR first came out. Are they a little too peace-loving? Probably. Kinda like the Ithorians (except for the crazy ones in the underwater facility).

There is a big difference, though, in that the Selkath are very arrogant about it, while the Ithorians are very much aware of their own shortcomings in the area. The ithorians come to the exile in TSL precisely because they know Czerka will manipulate and trick them in ways their nature won't let them anticipate.

The Selkath, however, are arrogant enough to believe that they can impose their rules over both the Republic and the Sith without being manipulated and tricked themselves because they know better than both. And while I respect the desire for peace, their idea that peace will simply fall out of the sky by itself if they just hope for it is so annoying they almost deserve having Malak bombard the planet - if you want peace, then you fight for it, instead of sitting around being all passive and hope for the best. Besides, the Selkaths' approach was highly hypocritical - on the one hand they demanded no confrontations between the Republic and the Sith, yet they were perfectly willing to let the Sith insult the Republic at every opportunity. That's a recipe for disaster, since tensions will build until something gives. And of course both sides secretly broke the rules with impunity, while the Selkath just remained blissfully ignorant. Sheesh...

Guest The Architect

Another thing too is, the Selkath stink. Raw fish stink. Nobody likes Accept stinky people. :o

Another thing too is, the Selkath stink. Raw fish stink. Nobody likes Accept stinky people. :)

ok now you don't know that. this is star wars the selkath might emit powerful pheramones that make them smell like Chocolate chip cookies for all you can prove, it isn't like your computer has smell-o-vision

Another thing too is, the Selkath stink. Raw fish stink. Nobody likes Accept stinky people. :)

ok now you don't know that. this is star wars the selkath might emit powerful pheramones that make them smell like Chocolate chip cookies for all you can prove, it isn't like your computer has smell-o-vision

Actually, The Architect's computer system is renowned for its multi-senses applications, which means... well, it stinks... :lol:

Another thing too is, the Selkath stink. Raw fish stink. Nobody likes Accept stinky people. :shifty:

Actually, The Architect's computer system is renowned for its multi-senses applications, which means... well, it stinks... :lol:

the selkath or the computer?

Problem with the places is that very few are actually good all the way through, and a lot of the ones that are bad have very powerful parts later on down the line. Unknown World sucked for the most part, but the confrontation with Bastila at the very end and then the reunion with the crew (especially when DS) are probably the best moments in K1 (at least for me), so I rate it as my favourite planet.

Same issues with lots of other planets. I never liked the whole Khoonda and exploration of the underground Jedi ruins on Dantooine in K2, but the conversations with Vrook and the climax with Exile/Kreia/Jedi Masters at the ruins at the end of the game make up for the other parts.

Overall, Korriban in both games was very good. Unknown World in K1 was good for the reasons mentioned above, and the Leviathan was also a great 'planet' due to the deep dialogue scenes present on it. In K2, the better planets are Nar Shaddaa (albeit it can drag on in some places... most of the 'get influence with/against the Exchange' part before the plot actually starts), Dxun, Onderon (albeit, I hate how if you side with Vaklu, the game assumes you're full DS. I really wanted to have more of a verbal battle with Kavar, and be able to debate that it's better for the planet to leave the Republic (as Kreia says, staying with the Republic will erode their customs and traditions), and, if possible, leave him alive, or at least tell him I don't want to kill him), and Dantooine. Telos I also liked mainly due to the Atris confrontations at the beginning and the end of the game.

Edited by Rhifox

i would have liked koonda better if there was more...idk jedi secrets or something, i don't know if i'm expressing myself well, so maybe you won't understand what i'm getting at.

i personally liked nearly all the places in the first KOTOR. All of them had some cool things about them. The places in the second one were okay, until you got to Korriban. That was just a waste of time. no real adventure or anything on that planet. they could have at least put some side quests or somethin else one it, but no, they just had to make it pointless. However, i guess they made up for it with all the random sidfe quests you could have on Nar Shaddaa. But still, i was disappointed.

Actually, I found most of the places in both games pretty forgettable, but if I had to pick one, it'd probably be Korriban. In both games.

Not sure why exactly, but I suppose it's because it's such a mysterious, haunting place that still has plenty of mysteries left despite all the exposure. Besides, I didn't like most of the places in KotOR1. Taris was uncompelling, since it's blindly obvious that Carth and I are escaped republic soldiers, yet it's impossible to even make the sith soldiers suspicious of us... Dantooine was nice, but all those peaceful grasslands crawling with Kathhounds was overkill somehow. And we see Tatooine so much it's a reason for hating it onto itself. Yes, it was well done, but we see it SOO often. Kashyyyk was one of the better places, but had too much pointless running around for my taste, while Manaan was annoying due to the arrogant attitude of the Selkath. And Rakata Prime was an overgrown hack-fest. It had to be Korriban for those reasons alone.

But I think I like Korriban even more in TSL, because the plot progression is more tense somehow. I'll admit, though, that it works as such only if you ignore the advice and visit the tomb before the academy, so that you end up running from Sion straight to blast off in the Ebon Hawk, as it's otherwise a bit "OMG!! Sion is after us, and we can't kill him!! Well, maybe we should go explore that dark cave for a few hours before we continue running screaming into the night..." :ermm: But if you play it the other way, it works dramatically, and the visions in the tomb are among the best parts of TSL if you ask me.

As for the rest of TSL, I didn't hate Peragus as much as some people do. Yes, there are too many bloody droids (!), but I actually enjoyed all the subsequent errand-running on Citadel Station even less. Note for the future - having the protagonists arrested for narrowly escaping death at the hands of the Sith is not fun when while they captured, you allow:

1. An assassin to infiltrate the authorities and make an attempt on their life.

2. Take all their gear away from then and force confrontations before they can get it back.

3. Let their impounded ship (and a droid crewmember) be stolen.

4. Other annoying stuff I've since repressed from memory (I know it's in there somewhere).

The above left the party with nothing to do but run errands around the station until they can escape ona stolen shuttle to Telos, where - yes - the shuttle is promptly shot down... :grin:

That said, Telos was more fun to explore, though maybe only because we heard Carth go on and on about it in K1. I like Nar Shaddaa plotwise, but it's a disgusting hive of scum and villany plagued by bugs ;) Everybody hated me on Dantooine, and so I hated them back for treating me like dirt and for being a repeat of the first game. I didn't like Dxun and Onderon that much either, which might be partially because we're immediately shot down (again) and because they didn't feel like the places I knew from the original comic books. I mean, where they heck were the wild forests of Dxun and Onderon? Dxun looked more like jungle canyons to me, and we never left Iziz on Onderon. The civil war plot was cool, but most of the rest left me cold. The Onderonians not noticing an army of Mandalorians on Dxun didn't help the plot's credibility much either, I fear. And the less said about Malachor V the better...