Wasteland question: Toaster Repair?

damonors

Now I haven't played Wasteland in a good...well...hmmm...15 years at least? But today for no apparent reason, I just remembered that if you get a high enough intelligence (or whatever it was), you had the option of picking the skill of "Toaster repair" or something like that. I mean, you needed a REALLY high intelligence for it.

I never beat Wasteland (mostly because it was a friend's and we played it over his house), but I do remember that skill. So, the question is: Did you ever get to use that Toaster Repair, or was it just one big joke?

Help!

Ok... Let me see...

Toaster Repair - used while fixing broken toasters.

Item: Broken toaster - Use the "Toaster Repair" skill at the workstation in the Guardian Citadel to get extra items.

:)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Yeah, basically you just wasted lots and lots of skill points to be able to use those old toasters as "treasure chests". If you didn't have the skill, you'd get a bunch of broken toasters lying around being useless. With the skill, you'd (most often) get expensive ammunition and visa cards out of them (if I remember correctly). I only got that skill ONCE (to see what it did) out of all the times I played this game so my memory is a bit vague on that one. :shifty:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!