Nar Shaddaa crash...

Nar Shaddaa is my first planet; I did some quests, Visquis contacts me, I got captured and I sent Atton and Hanharr rescue my exile. After the rescue operation I beat up Zez-Kai-Ell (or whatever he is called) and return to my ship.

But when I step up to Ebon Hawk; loading screen appears and it loads for while then game just crashes and I get lovely "KOTOR 2 isn't responding"-error.

I try to load from another save but it didn't help either + I noticed that game also crashes if I go to party selection screen.

These propblems appeared only after when Visquis invited my exile to Jekk Jekk tar.

Any advice what to do? :p

EDIT: I am also "proud" owner of Vista machine, if it does have something to do with this matter.

Edited by Sardiini

You don't happen to have an earlier save, do you? I know you said, "I try to load from another save but it won't help either...", but this same thing happened to me in the same place once. I was SO mad, because my last save before this happened was before Mira even entered the Jek-Jek-Tar (so like 2 hours of gameplay before?), but when I did reload, it fixed whatever bug caused the problem for me. Sorry, I'm not very techy. :p

Edited by babydol

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Well I am not very Bao-Dur with computers either. So it seems that my save is Fu**ed up. Pretty annoying because I don't have time to play so often nowadays and 12h of playtime in vain. Very happy now...

Sash: Latest patch and just updated video card drivers on last sunday

Edited by Sardiini

Well I am not very Bao-Dur with computers either. So it seems that my save is Fu**ed up. Pretty annoying because I don't have time to play so often nowadays and 12h of playtime in vain. Very happy now...

Sash: Latest patch and just updated video card drivers on last sunday

Try going into the Lucasarts folder in Program Files, Right-Click on swkotor.exe, tick Run as an administrator, then change the compatibility mode to Windows XP, and retry.

Edited by Sash

Since you're running on Vista have you tried the fixes listed here http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=48748 ?

I know it was crashing for me before I replaced the .dll file mentioned in that thread. But that seemed to have fixed it.

Good Luck!

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Ok - for starters Kotor 2 does not like the 8XXX cards. Some people are fine, others have problems - it's the same thing with Kotor 2 and multi-core systems (although the Core 2 Duo seems to be fine with the game in most cases).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

To able to run KOTOR 2 I have disable one core while playing.

Hrmm I have heard of people doing this, don't think theres software to do it though, I think it's through your BIOS, could be wrong, but good luck.

Nar Shaddaa does seem to be more prone to random glitches than the other planets. I'd recommend starting again and keeping regular saves as you make progress through the planet, so that you can reload if needed. Chances are, next time through you'll be bug-free, though. :devil:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Nar Shaddaa does seem to be more prone to random glitches than the other planets. I'd recommend starting again and keeping regular saves as you make progress through the planet, so that you can reload if needed. Chances are, next time through you'll be bug-free, though. :devil:

narshadda, and dxun i get some weird stuff but it never repeats itself